LegacyGT.com

Dash board lights on ! Please help**

ok, heres the problem i just got, i live in vancouver , and its snowing like hell out there~and my drive way is kinda like a up hill and full of snow covered it~ btw my car is 05 legacy 2.5i , so i tried to drive the car into my garage without moving the snow out my drive way, but i only got to the half way, so i pull my ebrake without shutting off the car, then i got off the car and moved the rest of the snow infront of my way, after i did that my car successfully parked into my garage, but before i shut off my car, the cruise control (flashing), ABS and the engine check lights are all on....so i turned off the car , and turn the key back to the "ON" position the lights are still there~ and the engine shakes like hell and the fan are keep running~

does anyone know whats going on?

http://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gifhttp://images.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

im kinda afraid something wrong with my ECU?

I believ that happens when the tires spin out of sync. Happened to me before, nothing to be concerned about, and it should go away within two days of driving.

The Legacy does not like crazy out of control tires spinning out of synch action. It makes it feel like a Camry! :)

X

---

I believ that happens when the tires spin out of sync. Happened to me before, nothing to be concerned about, and it should go away within two days of driving.

The Legacy does not like crazy out of control tires spinning out of synch action. It makes it feel like a Camry! :)

X

so i just keep driving for few more days? i dont need to worry about anything? everything will back to normal? :icon_conf

Guest subiecity

no the check engine light will be back...happend to me alotttt!! .... if the cruise light is blinking it has nothing to do with emissions......when somthing goes wrong in ur/our newer subies our ecu automatically deactivates the cruise control options....thus u get the blinking cruise light indicating the cruise control is deativated

i had a CEL ...i unplugged the battery and it lasted a week and it came back, i deactivated the CEL with my freinds STI OBD2, it worked but a week later it was back yet again...i broght it back to the dealership....apparently i had sum loose wires in my tranny box......so if ur getting a Check Engine Light dont unplug ur battery and reset the computer u get a CEL for a reason my suggestion if it happens agaain its under warranty and take it back if u dont kno whats worng with the car dont F with it u could pay seriusly in the long run

^ true for the most part, but in the case of driving in deep snow where the car might stall if driving stick and the wheels are slipping. In this particualr scenario, a frequent stall may cause a misfire csheck engine light. this happend to me once as i tryed to rokc my car outof a deep snow drift. know that the light was caused by, i got out of the drift and reset the light. It never came back confirming i was right. also excessive uneven wheel slippage may cause the abs light to trip and thus you get a CEL and flashing cruise light. 9 times out of 10, this is what it is when you are driving in snow.

no the check engine light will be back...happend to me alotttt!! .... if the cruise light is blinking it has nothing to do with emissions......when somthing goes wrong in ur/our newer subies our ecu automatically deactivates the cruise control options....thus u get the blinking cruise light indicating the cruise control is deativated

i had a CEL ...i unplugged the battery and it lasted a week and it came back, i deactivated the CEL with my freinds STI OBD2, it worked but a week later it was back yet again...i broght it back to the dealership....apparently i had sum loose wires in my tranny box......so if ur getting a Check Engine Light dont unplug ur battery and reset the computer u get a CEL for a reason my suggestion if it happens agaain its under warranty and take it back if u dont kno whats worng with the car dont F with it u could pay seriusly in the long run

well.. you got the point, but i already unplugged the battery, and everything runs pretty smooth now , nothing goes wrong yet :):)

but if you are right , the cruise control light and the check engine light comes back again, so u suggest me go back to the dealership right?

well.. you got the point, but i already unplugged the battery, and everything runs pretty smooth now , nothing goes wrong yet :):)

but if you are right , the cruise control light and the check engine light comes back again, so u suggest me go back to the dealership right?

i would buy a scan tool from your neighborhood auto parts store. you can pull the code (don't worry, it tells you how to do this if you're not so inclined) and see what it is exactly. it could be something small that you can fix yourself, like a loose gas cap. but it never hurts to take it to the dealer, it is under warranty. it just sucks taking that amount of time out of your day.

Guest subiecity
yea u can do that as well i just had my freinds obd2 from his STI and we scanned...but again if the car is under warranty then subaru wont charge u u just gotta go thru the hassel of a goddam dealership.....and also if the gas cap was/is loose the light will stay on for quite a wile even after u tighten it back down, so dont get nervous, but i guess if the light doesnt come back on then screw it ha no punn intended

• 2 months later...

Bumping this old thread....

Got this strange combo of lights today - flashing main cruise light, solid CEL, mated to the ABS light.

Dash read ER SS - that's the vehicle speed sensor, if I'm not mistaken.

The OBD-II reader pulled a generic P0500 (zero-five-zero-zero), which was read as a speed sensor malfunction. Two of them, actually.

I cleared the code by resetting my ECU using my datalogger, but the ABS light remained.

Pulled the ABS fuse, the light is still there.

I've now pulled the battery negative terminal, and will wait a while before reconnecting to see if that solves the problem.

This was incurred as I tried to enter my driveway today. We'd just received a massive amount of snow (there's over 3 feet on my front lawn), and although we get our driveway plowed, the area where it meets the road is often overlaid with the city plows' run-off. I actually almost got stuck (running 225/45/17 Falken ZIEX ZE512 all-seasons at 38/36, f/r, cold)...but she pulled herself out of it.

Never stalled - but the wheels were spinning like mad. I would guess this is the "speed mismatch" that everyone here's talked about.

My neighbors were all fascinated that this little blue sedan was revving and making all sorts of weird turbo and BOV noises. :lol: The entire street turned to look, and some even cheered when I got her down the drive. :lol:

Will-update.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Bumping this old thread....

Got this strange combo of lights today - flashing main cruise light, solid CEL, mated to the ABS light.

Dash read ER SS - that's the vehicle speed sensor, if I'm not mistaken.

The OBD-II reader pulled a generic P0500 (zero-five-zero-zero), which was read as a speed sensor malfunction. Two of them, actually.

I cleared the code by resetting my ECU using my datalogger, but the ABS light remained.

Pulled the ABS fuse, the light is still there.

I've now pulled the battery negative terminal, and will wait a while before reconnecting to see if that solves the problem.

This was incurred as I tried to enter my driveway today. We'd just received a massive amount of snow (there's over 3 feet on my front lawn), and although we get our driveway plowed, the area where it meets the road is often overlaid with the city plows' run-off. I actually almost got stuck (running 225/45/17 Falken ZIEX ZE512 all-seasons at 38/36, f/r, cold)...but she pulled herself out of it.

Never stalled - but the wheels were spinning like mad. I would guess this is the "speed mismatch" that everyone here's talked about.

My neighbors were all fascinated that this little blue sedan was revving and making all sorts of weird turbo and BOV noises. :lol: The entire street turned to look, and some even cheered when I got her down the drive. :lol:

Will-update.

sounds like you pulled a wire loose going through the snow. nice work on getting through the snow bank.

sounds like you pulled a wire loose going through the snow. nice work on getting through the snow bank.

^ :lol: @ "nice work through the bank." ;) I think everyone pulls for the small cars going through this stuff. Certainly, with my car the way it is, it doesn't seem like an all-wheel-driver, so "the underdog factor" ranks high. :)

I'll definitely check the hardware tomorrow. It's a definite possibility (by memory, however, the lights were triggered during the initial "slip" attempts), considering how thick the snowbank was.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived