LegacyGT.com

07 Spec B owners I got a question

psi365

Can you turn the tire pressure monitoring off? I was going to get an Sti Limited, but it looks like it isn't going to happen. So my next choice is a LGT Spec B. I was planning on getting a set of winter tires and wheels so I am hoping I wouldn't need to get a set with tire pressure sensors. So can you deactivate it?

Thanks

Chris

you have to go to the dealer and have the "tire pressure monitor" turned off.

if they tell you otherwise they are full of sh*t. i turned my wifes off on her tribeca this past summer when i put one of my spare sets of wheels on her car.

otherwise the light will just stay on in the dash.

Other then the light is there a buzzer/beep that stays on with the light? I could deal with the light staying on, but if there is an audible warning that stays on I couldn't deal with that.

I recently switched to my winter wheels/tires, and the only thing I have to say that is annoying about this is it blinks for about a half-second every 3 or so seconds. After a few minutes of looking at it EVERYTIME it came on, I stopped noticing.

I may just try to tape something over it or some other ghetto modification or some crap.. depends how much it annoys me, I guess. :)

If you get tires/rims from TireRack.com and use their car configurator, they recommend (and have) TPMS sensors they can mount on the aftermarket tire+wheel package.

IIRC, it was like $179 for the set of 4 sensors and 4 sensor nuts.

From some of the things I read on the system it sounded like if the light was on and you had low tire pressure, you set your tires to the proper pressure that you would have to go to the dealer to turn the light off. Can youo reset the pressure system in the car?

From some of the things I read on the system it sounded like if the light was on and you had low tire pressure, you set your tires to the proper pressure that you would have to go to the dealer to turn the light off. Can youo reset the pressure system in the car?

This would not make any sense.

*From experience* if your tire pressure is low, the light comes on and stays on. If you then properly inflate you tires, the light goes off.

I recently switched to my winter wheels/tires, and the only thing I have to say that is annoying about this is it blinks for about a half-second every 3 or so seconds. After a few minutes of looking at it EVERYTIME it came on, I stopped noticing.

I may just try to tape something over it or some other ghetto modification or some crap.. depends how much it annoys me, I guess. :)

Just switched to my winter wheels and tires (ASA JH3/Wintersport M3) last night and tackled the "12 inches" of snow on the ground (it was more like 2 inches). I made sure to keep an eye on my tire pressure warning light. Mine never blinked, but rather stayed lit continuously (like when you are low on pressure). Of course, no TPMS sensors on the wheels.

Just switched to my winter wheels and tires (ASA JH3/Wintersport M3) last night and tackled the "12 inches" of snow on the ground (it was more like 2 inches). I made sure to keep an eye on my tire pressure warning light. Mine never blinked, but rather stayed lit continuously (like when you are low on pressure). Of course, no TPMS sensors on the wheels.

That's interesting.. We have the same year and everything too, it's odd that it would behave differently for you than me.

My manual is in the car, or I'd look up what each of those mean. :)

We've got snow coming monday here in NH supposedly.. I can't wait to see how my spec b vs. my old STi.

This would not make any sense.

*From experience* if your tire pressure is low, the light comes on and stays on. If you then properly inflate you tires, the light goes off.

I agree. I've played around with a few different brands of cars and all of them had a way for the customer to reset the system if they had to add air to them. Also if you use the same rims but have a different set of tires installed (snows) the sensors shouldn't need to be reawakened. They should have never turned off. In another thread in this forum I was reading that someone was saying something along the lines that even if you tire pressure went low and you added some pressure that you would need to go to the dealer to have them shut the light off which didn't make any sense.

I agree. I've played around with a few different brands of cars and all of them had a way for the customer to reset the system if they had to add air to them. Also if you use the same rims but have a different set of tires installed (snows) the sensors shouldn't need to be reawakened. They should have never turned off. In another thread in this forum I was reading that someone was saying something along the lines that even if you tire pressure went low and you added some pressure that you would need to go to the dealer to have them shut the light off which didn't make any sense.

If the air pressure is low and you add air, then the light will turn back off. If the tires are rotated and the sensors are moved to different corners of the car, then it has to be taken to the dealer to have the system reset. So if you have new tires installed to your old rims, then you just have to make sure the rims are placed back in the same place they came from and it should still work fine.

Archived