LegacyGT.com

Bye-bye lgt hello V70R

Well I must say that it is good to see the GT go.

Subaru-

Your build quality blows

Your paint chips away.

your dashboard ratttles

your rear defroster sucks

your stuttering turbo

your weak sause brakes

your crappy seats

your clunking front ends

your high price

and your low book resale

Hello 04 V70R

sweet seats

real paint

sweet everything

sweden rocks

04 29k

27,200--got 18400 for a 05 lgt ltd sedan

the car is 3x the lgt

anyone beg to differ??????????????????

uncle matt the 04 sweden build will outlast ANY scubbyru

I really miss the stage 2 custom Christian tune I was running on the LGT.

Did I mention that all my doors had terrible fitment as well as most of the outer body panels.

35k for a spec - B

What a joke.

subaru is getting there just not quite yet.

I thought of a 2004 V70R instead of the 2005 LGT. Volvo seats are something you can live in for 24 hours a day (or my 1994 850 Turbo's seats were). The V70R is a sweet ride but heavy (over 4k lbs I think). It can dance from what I've read, but I was never impressed with service at the dealership in my small berg no one else will work on them. I hope it works out well for you. If reliable, it looks like a great grand tourer.

Sorry about your Suby experience. My car was built in Nov 2004 and I bought it in Feb. 2005. I've had none of the problems you experience. From what I've seen on this forum, sounds like Subies are the Japanese Chrysler; they're great with no problems or a dog from hell. A shame.

PS - I must emphasize for those that haven't sat in them that Volvo seats are so comfortable that in most southern states they are illegal. They coddle parts of you that you didn't know you had. And that pisses some old foggies off!

uncle matt the 04 sweden build will outlast ANY scubbyru

I really miss the stage 2 custom Christian tune I was running on the LGT.

Did I mention that all my doors had terrible fitment as well as most of the outer body panels.

35k for a spec - B

What a joke.

subaru is getting there just not quite yet.

I wish Volvo owners were so confident. I keep hearing nothing but horror stories about Volvo huge unreliabity. Too bad, because I'd consider V70R manual myself, since stupid SOA does not give a damn about wagonistas like me. (fcuk you SOA, I hate you)

So I think when our Subs, maybe with chipped paint, will be still running strong, your Volvo will bite the dust. I wish you (sincerely) good luck so you can prove us wrong, but.... I'd not bet on it.

(35k for specB is a joke, I agree)

Sorry about your Suby experience. My car was built in Nov 2004 and I bought it in Feb. 2005. I've had none of the problems you experience. From what I've seen on this forum, sounds like Subies are the Japanese Chrysler; they're great with no problems or a dog from hell. A shame.

Mine wagon is Nov'04 as well. Although I have it only since May 2006! Solid, smooth and stutter free! Must have been a good month at Indiana plant!! :lol:

As to price, when I bought my LGT wagon in 2005, I found a 2004 Volvo V70R with a 5 speed and 15k miles in Maryland for $31k. My wife balked at the price, so we paid aoubt $26.5k for the new Legacy. Reliability was on my mind for the Volvo as well. Nearly 2 years later, I'm not sure $27-29k is a great price for a V70R, but I imagine they are rare enough that the buyer doesn't have a lot of power to dicker.

My best friend is GM of a volvo dealership and I drove this car several times before deciding on the LEgacy GT. I hope your experience is a more positive one than most of the folks with the 2004 cars have had. It is a sweet ride, but very much like the first year quibbles you had withthe Legacy GT, they experienced the same thing. That said, it's a VERY nice car and I think it ought to be. It cost nearly 2 times as much. :)

good luck!

-Syd

Picked up an 06 v70R yesterday. I loved the lgt though. Just had to sell it due to lack of room. V70R has a 3rd row seat option. Different cars at different price points. Its not a fair comparison. I personally think the lgt has more performance potential and better mod options. I'm expecting that the subaru will end up being a lot more reliable also.

Subaru-

Your build quality blows (Kind of generic, so in general, I have had no fitment issues aside the plastic bezel around the shifter)

Your paint chips away. (I have maybe 3, 4 paint chips?)

your dashboard ratttles (True.)

your rear defroster sucks (No problems with that)

your stuttering turbo (Stage I fixes that)

your weak sause brakes (True.)

your crappy seats (Maybe a little on the stiff side, nothing my ass couldn't break in though)

your clunking front ends (This is a new one, I don't have it that's for sure)

your high price (21,5 for the '05 unlimited model brand new)

and your low book resale (I am going to drive this car into the ground)

I guess YMMV. I have had very little problems with my car and love to drive it everyday. Sounds like your experience has been otherwise. Have fun with the V70R. Is the V70 the one with those cool blue gauges, or are those just on the S60R?

Enjoy your fjord...

Date Posted

07/19/2006Never buy Volvo again by Horrible

Style: 4 Dr Turbo AWD WagonRating http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/sitewide/ratings/06_50x10.gifhttp://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/trans1x1.gif5.8Review: This car has had twice as many problems in three years than all of the other cars I have owned combined. Sticky valve,tires rubbing (which Volvo says is normal),squels in rain,brakes squel,transmission hesitation, numerous software fixes..... Volvo service is horrible. You have to prove over and over to them that there is a problem but they just don't want to do warranty work. The turning radius is just slightly better than an air craft carrier. The horsepower numbers for the automatic are not even close to advertised. I regret ever taking a chance on this vehicle and I will never buy Volvo again.Favorite Features: Comfortable seats,good handling,AWDSuggested Improvements: Way too many to mention.

>>>>>>

Date Posted

09/14/2005>Sorry I bought one...:(< by Lemon

Style: 4 Dr Turbo AWD WagonRating http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/sitewide/ratings/55_50x10.gifhttp://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/trans1x1.gif5.5Review: I'm sorry I bought my Volvo V70R. Why? Nothing but "Problems". It's been in the shop almost every month since I got my lemon and I'm tired of it. Volvo in general has poor customer service and they just don't care. The workmanship is poor for such a $$$ car. Outside window rubber curling, brake problems, lots of electrical problems and the list goes on. What is too bad is that the "lemon" drives well, handles well, is comfortable, has lots of room. Volvo has lost a customer, because of incompetence and terrible customer service (both National & Local). I WILL be selling my Lemon soon and NEVER looking at a Volvo again.Favorite Features: Power, Ride, Comfort, Sound System, Space, StyleSuggested Improvements: Quality, Turning Radius, Customer Service, Transmission, Brakes, Window Glare

>>>>>>>>

Archived