LegacyGT.com

seat heater problem

XgT

subaruparts has the 64111AG14A for $68.28, I will be buying soon, worried about how to do it though, since I have cloth and worried about f***ing it up, by blowing the airbag, making it lumpy, cover not going back on, etc.

Has anyone done this them selfs?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else have issues getting some of the connectors loose on the bottom of the seat? I'm stuck on one that will absolutely not disconnect

Is it yellow? I know some of the airbag connectors are tricky to disconnect.

If you post pics someone might be able to see how to get it apart

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
I want to reopen this thread on the seat warmers becaue I seem to have problems with them. When they are turned off it seems like the driver seat gets hot only some of the time. At first I thought I was just getting used to leather but i can definitly feel the warmer on when I have it turned off. Anyone have this issue?

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know how to diagnose if there is power getting to the heater? I have tried to isolate which wire by checking for current when the heater control switch is turned on or off with no luck. Its been suggested that the seat itself may act as a ground but I can't determine what to ground. Or perhaps there is a way to determine a open circuit in the heating pad itself? Any info or input is appreciated! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Both of my wagons had this problem (driver's seat). One got fixed under warranty, the other failed past the warranty.

SOA sucks for not issuing a recall, or simply extending warranty on the heating elements, similar what they've done about the rear wheel bearings.

Both of my wagons had this problem (driver's seat). One got fixed under warranty, the other failed past the warranty.

SOA sucks for not issuing a recall, or simply extending warranty on the heating elements, similar what they've done about the rear wheel bearings.

+1

I'm out of warranty for this now as I'm at about 67K. Thinking of maybe buying the element and taking to an upholstery place to see if they'll tackle the leather removal for me.

Seems like the bottom element is extra strong now. Wonder if I should keep a nose out for burning smells! :lol: :lol: ;)

I know, not something to joke about. :mad::eek:

Archived