LegacyGT.com

ticket help?

j255c

bumpdate: my lawyer went to court for me the other day. I ended up using speedlaw.net he got it dropped down to a 2point disobeying a sign :wub::wub:. I guess they do pay off.

when your dealing with your license the lawyer is the only way to go. also your chances of getting off the next time your pulled over are better with low/no points on your license. with that said be more careful the next time the real world is not the fast and the furious. :lol: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest subiecity
wrong!!! i have the same exact situation. i get tickets in NY all the time. nothing appears on my license from the NY bs what-so-ever!

your 150% right.....uum how do i exlain this without getting this thread shut down........uum i gotta think and use my words carfully so please bare with me....ok im from NY and me and all my "car buddy group" go to CT to "drive" with other members from other car groups.....we do that cuz if u get caught speeding in CT and your from NY it does not get reflected on your insurance or liscense, so its a kind of safety for "us", but if u get caught lined up ur still F'ed

yes, CT and NY DMV's do not share with each other! i guess we don't play well together neither cares if the someone from the other state is a crappy driver! just pull you over and ticket your ass!

side note: i got a ticket back in october. i sent it in guilty and have yet to receive the fine do, summons or warrant notice! i know NY courst are slow but this is a little out of hand! maybe they just forgot about me or they automatically suspended my driving privledges in NY without telling me. oh well, my CT license doesn't show it!

Guest subiecity
thats nothing its only been 4 months, i got a ticket last october i didnt have to go to court until 8 months later, NY is just soo ******* busy giving out goddamn tickets, your has been so ong it might just be dismissed cuz NY courts are soo packed and busy they just dismiss the small stupid tickets

Guest subiecity
how the hell do u speed in white plains without hitting someone, its like worse then the city in sum parts, well unless u were on the hiway

I took a Defensive Driving Course in New Jersey (reduction on insurarance). The instructor told the class that all the states are in one database. Therefore, if you get a ticket out-of-state it will show up on your license but the most points transferred is 2 for out-of-state tickets. I know every state is different as far as how fast tickets/fines get processes so this may not appear on your license until you renew. I have also heard of people getting tickets out-of-state that still have not hit their license so this information may not be that accurate. This is just something to keep in mind so you are not suprised when you get renewal premium.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

• 3 weeks later...

ok..so i just told the court today i wanted to get an attorney and had my court day changed so i have time..what kind of cost am i looking at. Its a wreckless driving charge. 1,000 fine and 180 days in jail here. I was the only class b misdemeanor so i dont know what the going rate was, but the class c people were getting about 40 community service plus fines and i dont want to find out what she was planning on giving me.

So my question is just how much should i roughly plan on spending on this process, being in southern indiana, and do i have a chance in hell of getting off. Officer observed speed from behind my vehicle at night with no equipment for no longer than 10 seconds. The other offense was passing a car at an intersection and not being able to see 500 ft both ways. The guy at the sign was my friend and he waived me around him and i looked both ways before going into the intersection and turning..and he was in front of me on the street so i couldnt have gone too fast as i would have run him over. the first thing the cop said to me when he pulled me over was "Do you know how fast you were going" which i really have no clue as i was in a regulated situation, but when i repleid no, how fast he had no answer for me. Any words of wisdom, lawyer recommendations, cost estimates, chances of getting off?

yeah, not the case in my situation. I'm what they would call a 2nd or 3rd time offender. And in the other cases i have plead guilty since i was indeed guilty. I offered no resistance to whatever they gave me as punishment. But this time is BS. Unfortunately they don't seem to want to be forgiving as they have knowledge of my last incident of WD from a few years ago.

hey just a qucik update for you guys. After I got pulled over speeding going 87 in 35. I went to court and managed to get my overall points reduced when I got pulled over I was going 40+ over the speed zone:(. I got 11 pts racked up on my license so I took driver's course to help with my court case. Then once I headed to court I had no lawyer so I figured I can defend myself. I managed to get 4 point reduction and only pay an 205 dollar fine and I get to keep my Drivers License which I'm happy WOOT:icon_mrgr. But the problem is my insurance will go up and I bet New York State will rape me with a surcharge or something where they have hidden costs if you have 7 points or more. Any New Yorkers out there know the things?

So yeah...I'm still waiting for my court date for a ticket I got last June. I was doing 60 in a 30 and got pulled over by Yorktown pigs. I can't get a lawyer so I'm hoping they will think I'm cute and just drop it to a broken speedometer, or no seatbelt. After all it is my first ticket so I hope they won't be too harsh.

If wechester courts are anything like NYC courts you will be eaten alive.

If they are like upstate courts, you may have a chance.

Also if your insurance is under your parents name (shich I think it is), you better start telling them before it goes up on them, that is if they have you listed under their insurance.

X

---

i talked to my lawyer today..it would cost at least 1k to go to trial to attempt to get this dismissed...no promises, or 500 to get the charges reduced and get traffic class deferral to avoid detection by my insurance company and stay out of jail :). So march 13th is the day of reckoning for me i guess.

Guest subiecity
^ That was also the same day that I got reported for "reckless driving" by some stupid betch. :icon_bigg

gee thats hard to belive.............................................:lol::lol: :lol: so maybe im not the only one who witnessed u on the road, im surprised they even were capable of seeing your plate

gee thats hard to belive.............................................:lol::lol: :lol: so maybe im not the only one who witnessed u on the road, im surprised they even were capable of seeing your plate

Yeah, haha. The c _ _ t only got my plates because she caught upto me in Kisco at a stoplight.

Guest subiecity
thats whay i don stop for shit anymore, especially at night, ima big trouble maker around that area, **** the pigs and all the rules, when i drive there is no such thing and laws otherwise ur gonna get caught, ....ive been working on a rear liscnes plate hider, im attempting to install a mini motor with a fake liscnse plate on the rear, and at the flick of a switch itll slide over the original plate...so people can write all the numbers down that they want, cuz it aint mine...and i did say attempting

Archived