LegacyGT.com

ticket help?

j255c

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since NY just changed its pleading rules, you should get a lawyer.

But wait until they (if) make an offer.

The first thing you do is plead not guilty and wait for them to send you a date.

(I used to have fun with this, but that's for a later discussion).

Now an ada has to handle the case, not the trooper.

I've always seemed to manage about 1-2 tickets a year. Just stupidity on my part, ie not turning on my detector.

Each time the trooper changed it to a non points offense. Whatever you do, never accept a seat belt violation. It goes to your insurance post haste.

In june got a speed for 86 in 65 on 490 coming back from rochester. Did my usual, got letter from ADA and he offered an 1110A (disobeying a traffic control device) of course I took it. Had to send in an extract of my license from DMV . Made no explanation and that is what I was offered.

Fine was $135 including surcharge.

What tickled me is that the money order has to be made out to the town justice

personally.

Hope this helps.

Osei

Always always get a layer and go to court. I dont know how NY is about there municipal fines but here where I live if it is your first offense you could ask for probation and or community service. My first Reckless which was BS the cop said I was racing in a neighborhood on a curve. I got a 6 month probation and 15 hours of community service 20 dollar court cost. That ticket never hit my record. My only reckless on my record was pretty gay and the cop said I was racing a Camaro which was false, went to court and judge declined probation and my record was clean. Last bad ticket I got in Panama City Florida the weekend before i left was 73 in a 35. Cop said he was gonna take me to jail. I told him I was in the military and was leaving that next monday this was labor day weekend on the friday. he didnt take me to jail or give me a reckless ticket just a speeding ticket which still put 4 more points on my record. So I always say go to court no matter what. Good luck

You don't get points for tickets out of state.

so you are saying you can go to Iowa and get two tickets then go to Vemont and get two more tickets until you have gone though all 50 states and they don't count points against your NJ license? i find that hard to believe i thought all the states where in a data base which compared tickets and criminal activity. any truckers out there they would know. :confused: bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

^ No, NJ will asses points and record violations. It's NY that won't.

NJ ftl, NY ftw

is NY the only state that does this? i mean if that is the case and you lived in say Pa. you could drive to NY speed to beat the band take your ticket and go back to Pa. no points. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

to all: check your VTL for your state via the net and you'll know,re points from another state.

Continuing to ticket issue.

I am not a lawyer and make no pretense of being one. However, don't pay for a lawyer until you have to. ( ie an actual court appearance)

make sure you send that ticket in and plead not guilty. On the part that says send supporting deposition, say no. Then see what the state offers.

Don't want to knock anyone, but only NY traffic experience counts here.

I have been licensed in NY and getting tickets here since 1968.

O.

so you are saying you can go to Iowa and get two tickets then go to Vemont and get two more tickets until you have gone though all 50 states and they don't count points against your NJ license? i find that hard to believe i thought all the states where in a data base which compared tickets and criminal activity. any truckers out there they would know. :confused: bosco

I took a Defensive Driving Course, which last for 3 years for a reduction on your insurance. I believe now all the states are on one database. However, I think the most points you can get from another state is 2. I will have to check.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

What part of NY? State, Local, City?

NY city until 1986. Very few from the Apple, less than five ( not sure exactly.:lol: ). And my driving style hasn't changed.

besides nyc has the TVB to handle its tickets.

Since Pataki has removed the plea bargain by the trooper, you now get to plea bargain with an ADA, who in all reality acts the same as the trooper.

The less paperwork he has to do the better. Its all about the most money for the least amount of effort.

A trial would mandate the trooper be brought in,etc, etc.

NY is no different than any other state, just the players vary and the rules.

The same way we do research on modding our vehicles, learn the law and how to use it to your advantage.

O.

Interestingly, NY will asses points for violations in Quebec and Ontario!

yeah that is true. Quebec & Ontario & noplace else apparently. I think that has to do with the way up parts of NY near Canada. I got a speeding ticket in NJ once & nothing happened on my license or insurance. I just paid the fine

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

All I know is that I live in CT, with a CT License and if you get a ticket in NY the points get reflected on your license

Wait, so you're saying that when you got your speeding ticket in NYS, the points got transferred to your CT license ?

Wait, so you're saying that when you got your speeding ticket in NYS, the points got transferred to your CT license ?

It most certainly does, and if you don't pay the fee or don't go to a hearing they can also suspend your license.

I know for sure as others have said that NY does not fine points for out of state violations except for Canadian provinces as above. so for those tristate NYer's if you get it in NJ just pay the stinking ticket. i asked around about lawyers and even if they got you a no-points plea the NJ state rapes you with a like $300 court fee.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ran into some high speed ticket info. Only one with fine info.

The fastest speed ever recorder by a trooper in NY was 162 in a 55. On rte 28 in Herkimer county in '05.

He pleaded guilty and paid a $300 fine and walked! (am sure he had a lawyer)

To top it all off , he was on a bike!!!

The other four of the top 5.

150 in a 55 on NYS Thruway in Westchester on Aug 6. Bike!

150 in a 65 Rensselaer County ,March 29th. Bike!

140 in a 65 on I 81 on june 5th. He must've been po'd , for he was stopped again for 123 in a 65 45 min later!! M3

130 in a 65 Rte 17 near Monticello Dec 24. M3.

And we thought LGT'ers were crazy!!!!

Guest subiecity

hapend to me too on 684 tho it was like 85 in a 45 construction zone...i sent the ticket in pleading not guilt...automaticaly if u go to court witout a lawyer (no lawyer is needed anyway) plading not guity, they will alway automatically drop/lower charges, my entire family are cops and troopers and detectives.....i kno 1st hand pleade not guilty and just go to court

when i went for the 85 in 45 on 684, i pleaded not guilty, the officer will "talk" to u b4 the court hearing, claim your speedometer was off/broken...i did, so guess what?! i paid 130$ ticket for broken speedometer, and 0 points

• 3 weeks later...
bumpdate: my lawyer went to court for me the other day. I ended up using speedlaw.net he got it dropped down to a 2point disobeying a sign :wub::wub:. I guess they do pay off.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Archived