LegacyGT.com

Cobb CBE will cost $1195

$1100 ++, $1700+....Why is everyone in a tizzy about the "future" price of the Cobb cat back/turbo back?? It's been on their site as "TBA" for 2 years now. It'll be another year before one ships anywhere!!:lol: :lol: Maybe by then gas will be $5.00/gal and it won't seem like much to spend on a bunch of pipes.:confused:

Ohhh,,I thought they had finally announced a release date somewhere in the next millenium.:lol:

I say we see it and hear it and then pass judgement.

I have a pretty fair idea of the actual production costs of a catback and a $1195 retail price allows for ALOT of margin. Cobb doesn't offer their retailers a ton of margin, so unless they are getting raped on manufacturing costs, they are pocketing a very healthy sum.

There is nothing wrong with that at all as long as the market will bear it. I think the Cobb is counting on you guys to pay what they want.:lol:

I have a pretty fair idea of the actual production costs of a catback and a $1195 retail price allows for ALOT of margin. Cobb doesn't offer their retailers a ton of margin, so unless they are getting raped on manufacturing costs, they are pocketing a very healthy sum.

There is nothing wrong with that at all as long as the market will bear it. I think the Cobb is counting on you guys to pay what they want.:lol:

At this price point it sooner will be Fujitsubo to see my $$$, than Cobb. Boostjunkie, any chance for quieter revision of MR catback? Need yet to hear to in person, but all reports seem to indicate it will be too loud for my taste...

At this price point it sooner will be Fujitsubo to see my $$$, than Cobb. Boostjunkie, any chance for quieter revision of MR catback? Need yet to hear to in person, but all reports seem to indicate it will be too loud for my taste...

its VERY quiet actually. i was VERY surprised. One of the only reasons why i purchased it was because it is quiet. but how quiet are you looking for?

I'm sure this is true for almost all exhausts, but the loudness level depends largely on the rest of the setup. If you have a stock DP/3rd cat the MR is very subdued. Go completely catless and it is notably more pronounced at WOT. The MR is very much a dual personality exhaust. It's quiet and mild at idle and under light cruise, but you will hear it under acceleration. If you need you car to be quiet under all conditions... STAY STOCK! :lol: It's just like when people tell me they want their cars to ride like stock... well... leave it stock then!:icon_wink

I'm sure this is true for almost all exhausts, but the loudness level depends largely on the rest of the setup. If you have a stock DP/3rd cat the MR is very subdued. Go completely catless and it is notably more pronounced at WOT. The MR is very much a dual personality exhaust. It's quiet and mild at idle and under light cruise, but you will hear it under acceleration. If you need you car to be quiet under all conditions... STAY STOCK! :lol: It's just like when people tell me they want their cars to ride like stock... well... leave it stock then!:icon_wink

I want quiet idle and drone free cruise... up to 4k rpm :icon_wink

Above that I don't mind some character...

Idle is very quiet. Just a barely noticable rumble from rear of the car. No drone at cruise from the MR, catless or catted. Oddly enough, there is less noise in my car from 3.5K rpms and up than at 2.5K rpm at cruise, but I would not call it drone. At my usual cruising speed of 80 mph there is much more wind and tire noise than exhaust noise. Go WOT and you'll definately know it's there.

I mean nothing at all against MR for this but COBB had an extremely hard time getting somebody to actually make this exhaust (that is why it took so long) and US labour is a lot more then some other manufacturers.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived