LegacyGT.com

Oil Leak, after Up install

acooper5

I did a search and it was to my relief that others have had this same problem. I bought an Sti up and was very excited to get it installed. It has been a while since I have done an uppipe install, so it took me about 8 hours, with all the work getting the uppipe in and the banging around i finally got it. Well I thought I did, check for leaks and everything seemed fine. The next day I had smoke coming out of my hood scoop. I thought it was a leak, although I heard nothing, I checked the car once I stopped and turned the car off, it still smoked, no exhaust leak. I put the car on ramps and removed the heat shield started and left the car running for about 10 minutes and found that there is a LEAK just about where the uppipe and the exhasut manifold connect. I think it is the valse cover seal. It is just a small sllllloooww drip but enough to cause the smell and the smoke.

I know a number of you have experienced this. If I put my stock downpipe back on and remap back to stock, will I be able to get this fixed under warrenty? If I have to pay I will. I took it to a family mechanic and he said he cant guarenttee that it wont leak again and he doesnt want to do it, he said take it to subaru and try to get it under warrenty.

What do you guys think? How much will this cost me? I have heard from 150-200. I dont think that is too bad, but if I could get it under warrenty I will.

I have an appointment on Friday morning to get it checked out and hopefully fixed. Thanks and have a good Thanksgiving!

Semper Fi.

thats right ManASSas subaru, just dropped my car off hopefully they will cover it under warrenty. We will see I am waiting for them to call, it shouldnt be that hard for them to "figure out" what it is, I told them exactly what it is.
Semper Fi.

well, it took them 5 hours this morning but got it back!! WARRENTY COVERED!!! that was great news, looks like the mech left alot of oil in that general vacinity so, It was still burning alot off when I drove it home. Hopefully it will go away and hopefully it is done right, I will check when the engine cools off. If it is then time to go back to Stage 2 and put my downpipe on :icon_bigg .
Semper Fi.

Thanks AWDBoost, good advice that is what I am going to do.

Here is what the repair ticket said:

"gasket rocker cover RH, NO 20, found right side valve cover gasket leaking onto exhaust. Replaced gasket & spark plug tube gaskets."

All was repaired under warrenty.

Semper Fi.

Archived