LegacyGT.com

Help/Assist w/DP and UP this Weekend

skids

Oh, confusion. Was telling Bing I'd give 'em a ring tomorrow morning.

I'm off work in a bit, will give you ring then Marc. Got your message.

I always bring tools. Just my thing. Kinda like condoms, better to have one and not need it than need it and not have one.

Good stuff Bing! May have you bring latte caffine injection #2.

It's not so much that this is a complicated thing to do. Just that it requires a fair amount of dis-assembly, and keeping track of all the hardware you take off.

If you are happy with things tomorrow when you stop by, I'd be down with talking about an audio / performance labor exchange.

For those watching this board, the install is complete. Thanks to Juxtagt for help and experience. Thanks for Crucial for making an excellent DP and MP, fit is excellent. Altough Jeremy you did forget to give me the oxygen bung for the DP. But that's ok the local speed shop had it. Bing thanks for the extra set of eyes.

Glad I could help you out Marc, car is looking good, now about that AP.........

Bing, I dug out my exhaust manifold today, let me know when you want it., currently in my trunk.

We qualified as a meet on Saturday, at least by Norcal standards, 3 of us!

To others in the area that want install help, I work for beer!

Glad I could help you out Marc, car is looking good, now about that AP.........

Bing, I dug out my exhaust manifold today, let me know when you want it., currently in my trunk.

We qualified as a meet on Saturday, at least by Norcal standards, 3 of us!

To others in the area that want install help, I work for beer!

I got beer in Sonora:)

I also have an STI UP, Invidia full length catted DP, F/R Whiteline sways, RBS grille, and Worx pulley to install. TDC Stage2 already loaded and ready in the AP!

Are you Bay Area guys saving all the emissions stuff to re-install every time you smog?

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Marc, what CEL did it throw. Keep in mind you can connect the plugs in the fuse box to get the display to read the code. I thought it might do that....

SubiGT, install on your parts can be done, and I'm cheaper than most places.. :icon_wink PM me if you are serious, I've installed all but the pulley before. Probably don't have time until after the holidays.

My current thought on emissions is that with a good tune and a cat installed, I should be able to pass. I'm planning on going to a place that does not have an AWD dyno to test on. With a tail-pipe test and no CEL's, I bet it will pass. It's pass or don't pay, so if I don't pass, I re-install the stock system and try again. Only time is lost and the PITA to re-re-install stuff.

SubiGT, install on your parts can be done, and I'm cheaper than most places.. :icon_wink PM me if you are serious, I've installed all but the pulley before. Probably don't have time until after the holidays.

My current thought on emissions is that with a good tune and a cat installed, I should be able to pass. I'm planning on going to a place that does not have an AWD dyno to test on. With a tail-pipe test and no CEL's, I bet it will pass. It's pass or don't pay, so if I don't pass, I re-install the stock system and try again. Only time is lost and the PITA to re-re-install stuff.

Thanks for the install offer. I'm prolly gonna rope my dad(and his heated shop) into the install. BUt, if we run into problems, I'll be callin':)

As for smog, I don't have to test up here in the hills, but I'm gonna keep all the parts, just in case.......

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Marc, what CEL did it throw. Keep in mind you can connect the plugs in the fuse box to get the display to read the code. I thought it might do that....

JuxtaGT is there a thread on this site that shows how to do this?

It was interesting talking to him. He actually recommends road tuning over dyno tuning for the automatic, don't know about manual though. The most you're going to have to pay either way is about $300, sweeeet.

Tune was cancelled due to rain and I needed to work on redoing my hardwood floors. I'm fairly happy so far the Cobb Stage 2 v1.15 map is making me happy to this point. I'm trying to figure out if I want to spend $300 on something else.

^ I understand the $300 part. What has stopped me so far is wanting to get to a stopping point (:lol: ) in the power mods. I don't think you'd see a big gain with your current parts. Now I've collected a header, TBE, boost actuator, and a TMIC is on the way. Everything I think I need to get the most out of the stock turbo, I think a tune is worth it to maximize the gains out of the mods. I also hope it will solve some drivabilty issues, I'm still getting compressor surge at constant throttle. I figure it's a big "if" as to putting a new turbo, fuel pump, and injectors in. I've already spent a lot of money.

The v1.15 Stg. II is pretty good. If you are curious to load the 1.16 maps, let me know, I can bring my laptop this weekend. I like the 1.16 map over the 1.15.

Archived