LegacyGT.com

Thinking about getting a Legacy GT

However, I have one problem with it: leather. I dont really care for leather especially since I live in Florida.

I already looked but just wanted to confirm that the GT cannot be configured without leather. I just love the interior of the regular legacy. Disappointed.

However, I have one problem with it: leather. I dont really care for leather especially since I live in Florida.

I already looked but just wanted to confirm that the GT cannot be configured without leather. I just love the interior of the regular legacy. Disappointed.

as the previous member said, only the limited trim level comes with leather.

get a non-limited(used) GT

Do you think if I ordered a legacy gt I could have the dealer have the factory put regular cloth in it instead of leather?

I mean its not like it wont fit, its the same dimensions just cloth. They probably wouldnt but I thought I should at least ask you guys.

Thanks

The seats are definately swappable. It's not impossible that you can find a dealer to swap them between regular Legacy (or Outback) and the GT.

Note, non-limited Legacy has no heated seats (special edition has driver power seat though). However they used to be Outback trims with CLOTH and power and heated.

The seats are definately swappable. It's not impossible that you can find a dealer to swap them between regular Legacy (or Outback) and the GT.

Note, non-limited Legacy has no heated seats (special edition has driver power seat though). However they used to be Outback trims with CLOTH and power and heated.

Yep. We have one of those OBXTs with power/heated cloth seats. The cloth is the best I've seen. Stands up great to kid abuse. I bet you could buy the cloth seats up front (if you didn't care that the back ones are leather) and sell your leather power seats.

Actually, I'd probably buy them, as long as they are black.:icon_bigg

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

i have an 05 non limited w/ heated seats???

btw if u get the non limited 05 your not going to get sunroof, power seats, and other stuff i cant think of...

why not get a new one and slap some covers on em like this

36586.jpg.14e7e3df0897107dd527ccc8a02b70d6.jpg

Have you sat in the LGT with the leather? I actually am a huge fan of the cloth (the cloth in my RS is wonderful) -- especially in both cold and hot conditions, which is 95% of the time in St. Louis, we only get about 1 week of "nice" weather on each side. However, I hopped in a couple LGTs at the dealer, and my complaints about leather vanished very quickly.

Now if only I could get a damn steering wheel, shifter, and ebrake handle that weren't designed specifically for burning the flesh from my hands.

the leather actually isnt that bad when you use the incredibly intelligent auto climate control to create the perfect cabin temp :lol:

seriously though, i was very anti-leather before i bought mine, but there are so many other pros that outweigh the con of having leather.

btw if u get the non limited 05 your not going to get sunroof, power seats, and other stuff i cant think of...

Ugh. The ONLY differences are: leather, power seats and moonroof. NOTHING else.

For the record, there have been plenty of complaints about the cloth legacy seats in the comfort department. Just suck it up and do what i did with my black on black trans am i used to have, keep a towel in the car and throw it over the seat on hot days and remember to crack the sunroof. :)
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Well, indeed. I find the seats comfortable (cloth manual from 05 unlimited), however the thigh area could use more support - they lack independent front/rear height adjustment power seats have.

Best of both worlds would the Outback power cloth seats.

Well, indeed. I find the seats comfortable (cloth manual from 05 unlimited), however the thigh area could use more support - they lack independent front/rear height adjustment power seats have.

Best of both worlds would the Outback power cloth seats.

Perhaps he could find a totalled outback, or a local OB owner who would want to swap :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I have the leather (Charcoal) and live in Florida and love it, easy to clean, comfy and it doesn't burn your legs like the old pleather style! :D

True the perferations do help :)

i have an 05 non limited w/ heated seats???

why not get a new one and slap some covers on em like this

Thanks for all the replies. I will have to test drive it and look more closely at the leather in the legacy. I will also ask about the cloth swap when im there.

Are these covers available for the backseat? They look really nice.

Thanks

Archived