LegacyGT.com

Subwoof for the '06 Legacy GT with GPS/NAV

Is there any simple way that I can add a subwoofer to my GT with GPS without having to rip the radio/car apart? That is, can I just buy the sub and install it my self and where do I put it?

It is something that I really like to have but the 'option' to added it when buying the car was not available because of the GPS.

The only reason it is not an option is because they both install under the driver's seat. You can install the sub under the passenger seat yourself, but the bracket to secure it will not work because it's designed for the driver's seat. I've seen a few on here use velco tape to secure it just fine under the passenger seat and the added bonus is that it's easy to remove to adjust the settings whenever you want.

I had an 05 LGT with the sub under the drivers seat. I know it's not the biggest bassiest sub but it is kinda cool feeling the music. I now have a specB and as you did ran into the same problem (sub & nav under same seat).

I was able to reverse the mounting bracket on the sub (just unbolts) to fit the passenger side and mount it under the seat but that's the easy part. The plug on the sub is recessed and the pigtail utilized for the sub under the drivers seat is also used for the nav.

I called my dealer to buy a harness because an auto stereo shop said it would be much easier to install if I had the factory pigtail but subaru does not sell wiring harnesses. So I had the guys at the tuning shop take the original out of my first LGT. So I have the pigtail with about a foot of wire and the sub if you want to try wiring it up. In speaking with a few auto stereo shops it should be straight forward.

I have since decided to up grade the entire stero system and no longer have a need for it. I used it for about 6 mos. I believe it was a $400 option at the dealer, I'll let it go for $100 plus shipping.

That is if you interested.

I'd be interested in the sub too for $100. Let me know.

I'll be upgrading to an Alpine NAV system with an in-trunk amp and sub in 3-4 months so my factory sub will be on the market. Dunno if you want to wait that long but I'll let it go to a fellow subie nut for a good price

I know there are a few people interested in my sub and I promised to find out how much shipping would be so I went to the UPS store. The guy there said it would cost me $20 to ship from coast to coast. So I'm guessing the total price would be anywhere from $110 to $120 including shipping depending on destination.

According to my PM's, member 'Spec-B-4-Me' was the first to respond on 11/21 at 11:30pm and then member 'Torontoguy' on 11/22 at 1:19am. I think it only fair to give the member that responded first the first right of refusal so....

'Spec-B-4-Me' are you still interested? I don't want to be rude and keep 'Torontoguy' waiting so please resond as soon as you can.

Please Note: This option was made to go under the driver's seat and the flat braket is designed as such. The bracket lays flat on the floor and at the very end (about an inch or so) the bracket is bent up at 45deg to slide under the seat mounting bolt. To install you loosen up the right rear bolt on the driver's seat(where the track bolts to the floor) and slide the end of the bracket under the loosened bolt and tighten. The sub can be mounted under the passenger seat by reversing the bracket on the sub (2 small phillips head screws) however you have to bend the very end (about 1 inch) up because when reversed the end of the bracket will now be pointing down.

Included with the sub is the mounting bracket and the pigtail with about 1 foot of wire.

Your welcome SPEC-B-4-ME!!!!

Torontoguy, were you planning on mounting the sub under driver's or passenger side? I ask this because I started to modify the bracket slightly for SPEC-B-4-ME so he could mount the sub under the passenger seat. At this point I could continue or put it back the way it was. What would you like me to do?? Additionally are you ok with $100 for the sub plus approx $10-$20 for shopping?

Let me know and I will ship. Since we're all somewhat of a family here, I will send you the sub so you can install and if you like send me a check. Although with you being out of the country I'm not quite sure how that works (depositing a check from a foreign country in a US Bank), maybe it should be an American Express Check just incase.

Archived