LegacyGT.com

Clunking sound on my suspension? help!

Nachowang

Had a little problem this morning, wondering if someone might be able to help.

As I was backing out of my driveway this morning, all of sudden I hear this clunking sound like I was dragging a pipe or something. I stop, get out, check the bottom....nothing. I get back in the car and let it roll under neutral and the sound is still there. I do this back n forth for about 5 minutes and it sounded like the noise was coming from the suspension area. As the wheels roll, the clunking begins. Then I back up for the last time and the sound was gone...I drove away and it never came back. WTH? :icon_conf

What could it be? cold temperature? my low offset wheels? (38 on 17x7)

TIA!

I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but something like this happened to me as well. I was doing about 30, and heard a clunk that sounded like either something had dropped off the car and was dragging, or like I picked up a stick and was dragging it. I pulled over immediately and inspected both the underside of the car as well as the road that I had been driving on when it happened. No sign of anything. I got back in, drove away, and never heard it again. :icon_conf

I've never touched the H brace, but I'll check that out next time I'm under the car. My problem has since solved iteself though. Nachowang - does yours still sound like it's scraping?

Nope, it went away after 5 minutes or so. I was rolling it back and forth and then it stopped.

Archived