LegacyGT.com

Unofficial Legacy GT “Stage Upgrade” Definitions

^ All STI products....STI Intake, STI exhaust, STI uppipe, STI Turbo VF 39, FMIC, STI STS.....but thats just my opinion

I personally wouldn't refer to my Legacy as an STI simply because I have mostly Cobb products

The only thing STI that I have is the STS.

well, i have an STI TMIC, STI Intake Manifold, STI Perrin Inlet Hose, STI coolant reservoir, STI VF39 turbo, SPT/STI intake and heatshield, SPT/STI CBE, STI Front Brembos and STI BBS rims. does that count??? i have a 5EAT, so no STS for me.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i have an STI TMIC, STI Intake Manifold, STI Perrin Inlet Hose, STI coolant reservoir, STI VF39 turbo, SPT/STI intake and heatshield, SPT/STI CBE, STI Front Brembos and STI BBS rims. does that count??? i have a 5EAT, so no STS for me.

Yeh, I mean that I would consider an STI swap, so an STI badge would be well justified :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Toppers everyone...

I've seen everyone mention getting the car tuned correctly after upgrades. Is there a method to tune the cars yourselves, or do I have to refer to a third party like a tuning shop? If I need a sports tuner, which ones are reputable in the North East... Preferably NY... ?

hey SubieProspect.

I dont suggest any amateurs try to tune themselves, as far as Long Island and New York, i suggest you use MSPT. they are the best Dave Brown tuned mineand will have to tun it for more mods very soon. they are a member on here user name MSPT, or you can go to www.longislandsubaruclub.com/forums

and there you wil find the most imformation and reiviews about MSPT

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What kind of Horse power do you think I'm laying down with the following?

05 LGT: COBB TBE, COBB AP 93 Octane, COBB lightweight Pulley, K and N air filter

Also-is that stage 2? I see no mention of the pulley but know it's got to add some horse due to rotating mass reduction.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone have problems passing emissions inspection at stage 1 or 2? I have a megan catback and want to go stage 2 soon with a up, down and map...possibly failing an inspection is the only thing holding me back :spin:

oh yeah, if it makes a difference, i'm in PA but moving to boston in the next month or so

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

what is an optimal replacement for the stock '05 turbo, without having to fool around with anything more than just a turbo swap? (and still have room to grow with injectors and such)

btw i have header-back, lower pully/flywheel, ecu, topmount, intake and tuned at 282 whp.

Edited by Gedn

what is an optimal replacement for the stock '05 turbo, without having to fool around with anything more than just a turbo swap? (and still have room to grow with injectors and such)

btw i have header-back, lower pully/flywheel, ecu, topmount, intake and tuned at 282 whp.

Check out the threads here in the turbo section about the VF52.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im planning on modifying my car! bone stock right now..

im thinking perrin top mount intercooler, turbo back exhaust, AFR(air fuel ratio) gauge, short shift, sway bars, fuel pump, fuel rails, turbo inlet hose, lightened crank pulley, new clutch(stage 1 aftermarket), sti pedals, headers and up pipe, cobb air intake, spark plugs, cobb access port, recirc blowoff valve, anti lift kit, lighter pully and flywheel

oh and ill need a new bumper for the dual exhaust, so ill have to pick up a legacy gt rear bumper. (i have an outback xt)

lemme know what you think and let me know if you think of something im missing!

im curious to hear how you would prioritize things...

some things should be done at the same time to cut down on instilation costs, besides the extremely straightforward things i could do myself. i would also buy as much as i could used except for certain things.

im new to the sight, and have done lots of research. perhaps not enough if i have not posted my questions individually about specific parts. what things can i do without?

thanks a lot

I don't think anything is missing, but I do think some are overkill if you are going to stick with the stock turbo, such as the fuel rails, fuel pump, blowoff valve. I won't say don't get the inlet hose because the stocker is fine since that's debated, but ... really, the stock inlet hose is fine. And so is the stock intake if you are going to stick with the stock turbo. It flows plenty of air. AFR gauge is also not needed once the tune is dialed in right, but I would get a good wideband O2 sensor for said tuning. Edited by fishbone