LegacyGT.com

Weight Distribution?

I'd imagine the weight distribution to be close with the USDM and JDM. If performance is a measure, I know the JDM models have stiffer suspensions, but the JDM GT Spec B (not sure if either sedan or wagon) beat the USDM STi around the track. :o The JDM site I think does list that spec somewhere, but I'd have to find it when I have more time.

[quote name='SUBE555']I'd imagine the weight distribution to be close with the USDM and JDM. If performance is a measure, I know the JDM models have stiffer suspensions, but the JDM GT Spec B (not sure if either sedan or wagon) beat the USDM STi around the track. :o The JDM site I think does list that spec somewhere, but I'd have to find it when I have more time.[/quote] That's good to know that the Legacy is a good track car from the get-go.
-ben

[quote name='SUBE555']I'd imagine the weight distribution to be close with the USDM and JDM. If performance is a measure, I know the JDM models have stiffer suspensions, but the JDM GT Spec B (not sure if either sedan or wagon) beat the USDM STi around the track. :o The JDM site I think does list that spec somewhere, but I'd have to find it when I have more time.[/quote] That's good stuff! :D I don't think the USDM Leg GT will be able to do that stock, though. I would love it if I were wrong!!! :P

The USDM version should have more pep than the JDM version if my guesstimates are correct. I imagine that our version will have more spark coming out of the corners. I think the STi boys will be a little upset at my leather clad, huge sunroofed, dog carrying wagon can keep up in the twisties and the straights :lol:

In all the lit I have seen so far all I can find is the new one weighs less than the old by ~190 lb . Has anyone seen the actual weight of the new Wagon which is my current dream ? Thanks Charie

[quote name='SUBE555']I think a few things totaling less than $2500 in work will allow the Leg to have few issues hanging well with the STi. :)[/quote] This is exactly why I am here. :twisted: I wan to have amazing performance... and luxury... at a fraction of the cost!! (Who doesn't, right?) Right now I have the performance and cost parts down... but not the luxury. I am just hoping I am not building up the Leg to be too much so that I am disappointed when it finally comes!

The wagon should have somewhat better weight distribution than the sedan, as wagons usually do. The Legacy GT, out of the box, will have amazing performance and luxury. It should be every bit as fast as say, the Forester XT, which Car & Driver got a 5.3-second 0-60 time out of. But the Legacy will have (again, stock) better brakes, wheels, amenities and suspension. What's not to love? Kevin

Archived