LegacyGT.com

Best place for car detailing supplies and information?

Rimfaxe

I did a couple of searches here and didn't come up with much. I'm looking for some links for best quality/price car detailing supplies- wax, clay bar, etc. I would also like some tips and tricks for keeping things looking nice. BTW, had the Rockblocker and 35/50 tint installed last weekend. It looks great. Getting new tires on Friday- I'll post some pic. over the weekend. Rimfaxe

One website I frequent daily is [url]www.detailcity.com[/url]. Very friendly, knowledgeable people. The site also has several sponsors (you can get a 10% discount if you are a detail city member. The sponsors include Autogeek, Premium Auto Car, and others. Griot's Garage is nice, but I find them a tad expensive (especially for their Porter Cable random orbitals). Other websites for detail supplies are Classic Motoring Accessories and California Car Care. Good luck!

[quote name='rockford33']One website I frequent daily is [url]www.detailcity.com[/url]. Very friendly, knowledgeable people. The site also has several sponsors (you can get a 10% discount if you are a detail city member. The sponsors include Autogeek, Premium Auto Car, and others. Griot's Garage is nice, but I find them a tad expensive (especially for their Porter Cable random orbitals). Other websites for detail supplies are Classic Motoring Accessories and California Car Care. Good luck![/quote] I thought so, too. A friend even got someone else's Porter Cable random orbital, and he pointed to mine and said "Look, same model number." Then we compared the pad holders. The Griot's pad was larger and better-ventilated. Also, when using the Griot's machine, the pad didn't get as hot. So I figured their hoodoo about their specially made pad holder wasn't hoodoo after all. We found that their clay worked better than Clay Magic and Mothers, ditto for their car wash solution, microfiber towels, etc, etc. I'm sure there's stuff that works as well, though. Were I not so content, I'd probably go exploring. Kevin

Archived