LegacyGT.com

Forget the Legacy - I'm getting an 02 STi

Sick and tired of waiting for news on the Legacy so I decided to get this: [URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2465176462&category=31868[/URL] Now I just gotta find the local Western Union office to send out my $1,500 deposit. :wink:

[quote name='ha-evolution'][quote name='axis008']Not only is the model year wrong, if you check out the specifications on the engine, the 2.5L only puts out 276HP! Well I shouldn't say only, but it's missing 24HP...[/quote] Maybe that's all the 2.5L STi was making back in 02.[/quote] There wasn't a 2.5T motor in 2002. Other markets got the 2.0 for their STi, or the 2.2 in the case of the 22B. The 2.5T debuted in this market, with the STi, which is at the earliest, a 2004 car. Could the date be a typo? Not with two owners, you would think. I dunno 'bout that one. That's definitely a USDM STi in the picture, though, complete with pelican on the hood and picnic table on the trunk. Personally, I would stay far, far away from that car. Kevin

Yeah, the whole ebay listing is a typo - actually scam is more like it. My posts were a joke on my part including the reference to a 2.5 turbo from 02. Having owned an STi I'm quite versed in the history of the car. I've actually got this cool Japanese mag that has every STi version from 01 to the current facelifted STi. I always wanted to get it translated because they have detailed information on the development, specs, road tests, etc. of the current STi. Anyone read Japanese?

I just reported this to Ebay. Here's the email I got back: "Thank you for writing eBay's SafeHarbor Department about a current listing you would like us to investigate for fraudulent activity. We are concerned about this type of activity and want to assure you that we will review your report as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours. Due to privacy concerns, we will not keep you informed about the status of our investigation. While you will only receive this acknowledgement of the receipt of your report, please be assured that we will thoroughly review the situation."

lol... all of those listings sound hilarious. I would never buy a car from ebay!!! Sell one... that's a different story. I sold my 92 3000GT VR-4 on ebay this past fall. It had unknown engine problems, and I clearly stated so in the ad numerous times. The bidding went MUCH higher than a car with such problems should have gone! lol I was thinking I might get $2000 for the car and ended up getting JUST under $6000 at $594x. Even better: The guy called from Boston, Mass. saying he wanted to pick it up from me in VA! I told him again that the engine wouldn't make it. Sure enough, that weekend, he flew down, paid me, and took the car. I am curious to know if he made the drive home... but I'm not going to call and find out!!! :o

[quote name='cotmfk']lol... all of those listings sound hilarious. I would never buy a car from ebay!!! Sell one... that's a different story. I sold my 92 3000GT VR-4 on ebay this past fall. It had unknown engine problems, and I clearly stated so in the ad numerous times. The bidding went MUCH higher than a car with such problems should have gone! lol I was thinking I might get $2000 for the car and ended up getting JUST under $6000 at $594x. Even better: The guy called from Boston, Mass. saying he wanted to pick it up from me in VA! I told him again that the engine wouldn't make it. Sure enough, that weekend, he flew down, paid me, and took the car. I am curious to know if he made the drive home... but I'm not going to call and find out!!! :o[/quote] Ebay: the seller's market... Nice job on the sell though! Wow, was the guy oblivious of everything or something to come down and take the car anyways?
-ben

Not everyone is so smart. Oh well, if they're stupid enough to overlook those facts, then that's their problem. We have common sense, it's just a matter if people use it or not. As I say, common sense isn't so common. ;)

I'm getting 02 STi from ebay 30000 miles its got a 12 inch mexican made 200 spokes hydraulics(or however you spell that) 8 batteries in the trunk gonna get a new transmission...custom 2speed AT HID taillights no headlights tho

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Archived