LegacyGT.com

pics and video forums needed

i know there are not that many videos on the internet that yall can find but i think it'll be nice to have a video forum so we dont have to surf on the internet for 1000 hours to find one and who doesn't like to watch video?? Tide...what's the limit for this domain??

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

I was just mentioning linking to the hosts because it was mentioned about the bandwidth of this site and hosting. I wouldn't want to press our luck. More likely to get a Vid forum by linking than really sucking his bandwidth.

Yeah. Or maybe someone can have an FTP site where people can get videos! Someone on the evolutionm.net boards does this. TONS of videos. I can provide the link if you want, not sure if it's still up though but it probably is...
-ben

By copying and pasting pics as well as vids are we not infringing any copyright issues? One forum I used in France, but using a US server, and hence under US law, only permitted the links, even to news reports etc.

Some people get torn about it. I don't see the problem as long as you quote the source (standard practice in educational research papers and such as I'm used to.) I try to show that if I link something like a news article.

Don't tell me about quoting sources, I'm in the middle of a dissertation and the Harvard referencing system is getting a pain in the a**, esp after sourcing 100+ articles.

Or you can have ads on top so we can have it free!!! :D ... Haha Or maybe have it so frequent members who have a certain number of posts be able to get in, so you don't have to worry about lurkers stealing stuff.
-ben

well i'm guessing a lot of people dont have a host for videos and stuff like that... so i think it'll be good to have some kinda videos/pics forum where we can upload upto 10MG per member...(who has posted more than 1000...wait theres only one.... :evil: :lol: )

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

[quote name='team23jordan']well i'm guessing a lot of people dont have a host for videos and stuff like that... so i think it'll be good to have some kinda videos/pics forum where we can upload upto 10MG per member...(who has posted more than 1000...wait theres only one.... :evil: :lol: )[/quote] So i guess everyone needs to be a monkey for this one... and without serious moderation this place would become Monkey Paradise :wink: .

I have plenty of storage for myself and some pics for others, but I really only host my own video stuff. That stuff can fill up an online drive quickly! Don't know when I need to upgrade my space from my current, but will hold out til I actually need to upgrade.

[quote name='team23jordan']well i'm guessing a lot of people dont have a host for videos and stuff like that... so i think it'll be good to have some kinda videos/pics forum where we can upload upto 10MG per member...(who has posted more than 1000...wait theres only one.... :evil: :lol: )[/quote] How about 1MB per 100 posts?

It can be. So basically I should reward those using the most bandwidth and making lots of posts with a forum in which they can post more high-bandwidth items? Who gets to view these items, only other high-posters? I'd like to offer a very cheap membership ($10 a year) with nice rewards like some file space, members only area, movies, signatures, etc. But its just an idea. Depends on my time and finances. This site could easily cost me $200 / month by the end of the year at its current rate of increase. If someone could point out another car forum that offers such things, I would love to see how they handle movie space, formats, what videos do they allow, who monitors it, etc.

On a site of this size I'd suggest not doing it, at least now with the current membership and the amount of active participants. Now if we suddenly see 3-4X the number of people on here once the car comes out, might be a different story. I'd suggest until that point that we use our own hosts. I'd rather use my own host anyhow.

tide that sounds like a plan 10 bucks an year is pretty cheap and it'll cool to have a "real members only area" and stuff like that i'm looking foward to this ish 8)

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Archived