LegacyGT.com

Daniel Stern Lighting and Subaru headlight options

f1anatic

update on the rallye 65's? just burned out an osram silverstar and need some new bulbs.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely happy with my 65s as per my original thread. An awesome upgrade and have not had any issues in my 1.7 years of ownership of those bulbs.

I am planning to upgrade my long beams to the HIRs described in the first post.

I'm still on my original set of 65s as well.

I plan to pick up another set, just for when this one burns out.

I've been extremely happy with them so far, and do not feel the need, at all, to retro my lights.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Been a few months now with the Rallye 65s, I'm still extremely satisfied.

No flashing from oncoming traffic at all - but note here that my vehicle is slightly lowered, and but it still retains the factory/"book" aim from its standard height, so this may be affecting things somewhat.

No problems noted with heat. No problems noted with power consumption............

Mostly the same with me, but I did have to lower my headlights slightly after installing the the Hyper (aka Rallye) 65W bulbs. I was getting flashed occasionally, especially when my fuel tank was full. I followed the aiming instructions at Stern's site, for VOL classified headlamps. I also run these bulbs in a pair of Hella FF50 driving lamps.

Big fan of my 65w Osrams. Recommended!

The HIR high beams are a huge difference - its pretty wild. Also recommended!

My yellow fog bulbs tend to get washed out by the Osrams. I flip them on, but the Osrams are so good that I can't tell any difference at all. I would probably skip those next time around.

^ Legal/DOT-regulation issues, that would be my guess.

The 65-watt solution is an overwattage application. That's not going to be Kosher.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

I used the 65 w rallye low beams & yellow fogs. large improvement, especially after aiming the lows a tiny bit higher to compensate for the rolling hills in our area.

As for the HIRs on High beam (would that they had low beam versions) - is there any noticeable warm-up delay on these?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 4 months later...

maybe I'm scrolling through the site too fast, but where the heck are the ralleye 65's on Daniel Sterns website and how much are they? I just blew out a set of silverstarts again.:mad:

looking at the rally eyes, or a set of the OSRAMS. had those in before and was happy with them.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

never mind, I've found it;)

any negative feedback from on coming drivers?

FWIW, the OSRAM Ralleye's are super bright, for a halogen bulb. I have them in my car! Light up the road great!

Only a handful of times have I been flashed by brights when I had my lows on with fogs. Doesn't happen very often at all. These are "special service" bulbs that are only supposed to be intended for off-road or race purposes, but I really don't care. They are nice and bright and are great at night and doesn't require you to stress your eyes as much when driving. Lights up the road perfectly. IIRC they are about 2100 lumens.

My justification for getting these are for the back roads I drive on to get home and to work. I want to see Bambi better so I don't hit her.

My justification for getting these are for the back roads I drive on to get home and to work. I want to see Bambi better so I don't hit her.

I live out in the country a bit and have cornfields on both sides of the road. So they're very nice for that. I also have the HIR Hi-Beams which paired with the OSRAM Ralleye lows, are very very bright.

I'll have to talk to these guys about my wifes 07 civic. she drives alot of back roads too.

I live out in the country a bit and have cornfields on both sides of the road. So they're very nice for that. I also have the HIR Hi-Beams which paired with the OSRAM Ralleye lows, are very very bright.

^ Same setup.

I don't get flashed at all - maybe it's because I'm dropped on iONs, and thus, things are just a hair lower. It's also possible that the stiffer springs don't allow for as much front-end mobility, thus causing less "flashing" effect from roadway dips and irregularities.

Also, it may have to do with the fact that my driving is city-oriented. With so much ambient light, I doubt that this particular bit of lighting increase causes anyone much discomfort.

^ Same setup.

I don't get flashed at all - maybe it's because I'm dropped on iONs, and thus, things are just a hair lower. It's also possible that the stiffer springs don't allow for as much front-end mobility, thus causing less "flashing" effect from roadway dips and irregularities.

Also, it may have to do with the fact that my driving is city-oriented. With so much ambient light, I doubt that this particular bit of lighting increase causes anyone much discomfort.

I haven't been flashed in a while. I notice it mostly when I am on a higher part of the road and oncoming vehicles are lower than me. Pretty much when that happens, my beams are right in their face.

I will be dropped on swift springs next Tuesday, so that will probably eliminate future flashing from oncoming vehicles. Did you realign your headlights after you put the iONs on?