LegacyGT.com

How much power can 5eats handle?

automaticsti

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot......over 350whp;)

The tuff part is Tq, with larger turbo's it's not to bad because the TQ peak is usually up around 4k. With the VF40 @ Stage II plus a few mods & Protuned you would be in the 250whp/350ftlb range that Tq would be there around 3200rpm.

Careful on hard launches.......

My car has no issues launching @ all, yes it is a little laggy off the line Launches are very simple..... powerbrake to 2800 & off I go.....my TQ peak is @ 3900.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I've been think about this a lot lately. If I understand correctly, Cobb release more aggressive maps for the 5MT cars than they do for the 5EAT. While I understand that it's in Cobb's best interests to play on the conservative side of things (And believe me, I appreciate it) has anyone tried a 5MT map on a 5EAT? Can the 5EAT handle more power than Cobb gives it credit for?

-

Jim

I've been think about this a lot lately. If I understand correctly, Cobb release more aggressive maps for the 5MT cars than they do for the 5EAT. While I understand that it's in Cobb's best interests to play on the conservative side of things (And believe me, I appreciate it) has anyone tried a 5MT map on a 5EAT? Can the 5EAT handle more power than Cobb gives it credit for?

-

Jim

Jim TDC's maps are more aggressive then Cobbs you might want to try theirs.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

-

Jim

Wow, that's wierd. I was also thinking the same thing.

As I see it, , the central conservation problem in the conversion of the 5EAT to manual is how to duplicate the connectivity of space and light in the case of matter, since matter has no intrinsic spatial motion and cannot move at c. The solution is time, a moving dimension in which matter can have an intrinsic motion T equivalent to light's velocity c in space. In this case, it is the dimension which moves, not the energy form, conversely to the arrangement of light and space. Only light itself could establish such a moving dimension that was metrically and entropically equivalent to c. Matter cannot move at c but it can occupy a unique dimension (time) that itself moves with a velocity which is the metric equivalent of c.

I think you should give it a try and let us know how you make out.

Jim TDC's maps are more aggressive then Cobbs you might want to try theirs.

That's already in the works, as is Stage 2.

Folks, I wasn't planning on running a Cobb MT map on my 5EAT - but instead was just curious as to whether or not the 5EAT can handle the increased power and if it can, was wondering why Cobb chose the path that they did.

-

Jim

Archived