LegacyGT.com

M3 lip spoilers

Boostjunkie

I just measured the width of the LGT trunk lid and came back with 46". That is a perfect match for the M3 lip spoiler. I've always liked the look of the E46 M3 lip spoilers and you can get one off Ebay for about $30. It probably won't be a perfect fit, but they are usually made of polyurathane and will bend a good amount. Hopefully enough to make for a seamless installation. We'll see soon enough, as I'll be ordering one today. I'm sure most of you guys already know what it looks like, but click here for pics: [url]http://www.spoilerdepot.com/Catalog.asp?A=20&S=01180.jpg&idProduct=527&idMakeTemp=&idModelTemp=&idB=[/url]

If you wanted a larger one you could always go with an AC Shitzner 1 or 3 piece lip spoiler but I don't know if i would fit with the curve of the trunk and such as I don't have a Legacy Sedan so I'm not too sure about the curves on the rear.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Cool. I was thinking the same thing about the M3 or M5 lip spoiler, but couldn't get one to test fit. I saw a DIY on an Audi site where someone bought an M3 lip, left it in his rear window and let it bake in the sun all day, the bent it to fit his trunk. It looked perfect.

[quote name='kanoswrx']STI makes one like that for the Legacy already, granted it costs a lot more though. Paul from Apex Japan has it on his blue legacy. I really like it and might get it for my car eventually.[/quote] I like the STi lip spoiler too, but for $700!?!@#%! I figure I can get a little different look that I like for about $40 for the spoiler shipped and $50 for paint.

Yeah, the 700 they want for the STI one is foolish. Lets not forget its plastic...probably like $5 to make...If you are shelling out the money for one of those, then you clearly have cash to burn... I was curious whether something made for another car, such as the lip spoiler in question here would fit....good luck and keep us posted...pics too please!. :D

That smaller STI spoiler is pretty nice, but at that point since it looks really close to the Ebay M3 spoilers why spend the extra money. Don't forget that you would still need to get it imported from Japan, and that would bump up the price even more.

I think both lip spoilers (M3 or STi) look pretty good. If the M3 spoiler fits, then just look at it as another option over the STi. I currently have the stock spoiler on my car, but maybe in a year or two, I'll pull it off and refinish it or swap it with a clean trunk lid. Then I'll think about the lip spoiler.

Check out this spoiler: [img]http://www.sclabo.com/showroom/images/11car1_point1.jpg[/img] Thats the best pic i can find of it. Looks like its brake-light-less. Only 37,800 yen ($341.00) Bunch of other leggys dressed up. [url]http://www.sclabo.com/showroom/legacy.html[/url]

Archived