LegacyGT.com

Sedan rear styling...

Is it me, or is there a whole lot of Camry in the rear of the Legacy? I saw a new Camry today and I immediately thought of new Legacy pics (like the one in the upper left). Granted... the car *thankfully* will NOT be a Camry in any shape or form (ok, well, Camry reliability would be fine... but that's IT), but the rear look still says Camry. Maybe it's just the taillights.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The legacy looks a bit higher in the butt, but there isn't a lot on it IMO.

The Camry is 1892mm wide vs. 1730mm wide for the Legacy

Thats why you should buy a wagon!

legacy_logo_left.jpg.44e33ad4f2bcb821fb0d2984f1db1e72.jpg

photo_6.jpg.3c71a76b2ff4548c834a9a5519740cd9.jpg

Subaru went with the new "trapeziod" 4 side with angles look on the new Legacy GT tail lights (CTS, TL stlye), where toyota did the slashed horizontal "ellipse" look for their lights which looks bad IMO. The toyota also looks very drawn out horizontally in the rear where the Subaru looks much more proportional and muscular.

I think Toyota likes the laid-back image. None of their cars are all-too inspiring. I agree the Legacy has a new poise to it, shows it's intentions just a little, and I like that!

I know this is going to bring up the bumpers but I don't care. I think that the additional height of the wagon in the back and overall with the rails helps balance out the extra length from the US bumpers. The additional bumper length on the sedan rear isn't quite as noticeable as it is on the front, but it seems huge even compared to the Camry. I prefer the wagon light shape over the sedan, but the sedan bumper is more integrated since it doesn't need the flat platform (which is obviously excellent for tailgating). I'm thinking a black wagon is where it's at. just like MSB

[img]http://www.subaru.net/usproduct/2005/legacy/press/images/84CS4319_H.jpg[/img] It's the above angle that makes the wagon look like a bus. It's quite possible that it's just an artifact of this camera angle but the front bumper makes the front seem too long or something.. In this other picture the front bumper doesn't seem any different. This is the angle that I like! [img]http://www.subaru.net/usproduct/2005/legacy/press/images/CS4350-1_H.jpg[/img]

Makes the Wagon look better and better. :P I'm still torn between silver and black (with bronze wheels) as black makes the front look a bit more aggressive as well not seeing that center bar as much, though the silver just looks so damn nice and elegant. :)

[quote name='SUBE555']Makes the Wagon look better and better. :P I'm still torn between silver and black (with bronze wheels) as black makes the front look a bit more aggressive as well not seeing that center bar as much, though the silver just looks so damn nice and elegant. :)[/quote] I, too, think the wagon looks better (even for most cars I prefer the wagon version). My color of choice would be red (passion red). Black is great but always looks dirty if you don't wash the car every week. Does anyone have a clue of what the available colors will be? Any funky/unique colors to be available? Back to the topic, yes the sedan looks like the camry (rear only) but it's not a bad thing since the new camry is far from being ugly. :roll:

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

how about this? [img]http://www.hondacars.com/images/banners/2004/civic_coupe/exterior_gallery/photo_01_popup.jpg[/img] Comparing to Camry is not that scary anymore... :roll:

I think that a lot of cars on the market look like each other. There is only so much you can do to differentiate yourself from the pack. It's just a fact. Personally I think that the GT wagon looks an aweful lot like the Outback XT, probably just a coincidence :lol:

More like I should go back to work on my school stuff. Sitting here on the forums or playing games is more fun than Kinematics and Design of Tooling. Ironically I'm at school (tech school) on a friday where all my classes have been canceled for the day. I must be crazy!

Never too young to drive a wagon. :D Will be a little change of pace from my current sedan, but it's actually more convenient headroom for rear passengers, and stuff that back full of empty carboard boxes, throw a couple car seats on the back and whip up on people who think they have fast vehicles and make them feel like they got owned even worse. :D

[quote name='bravoballer']the wagon has too much glass down the sides...the sedan looks sportier IMO. plus, I'm too young to drive a wagon :lol:[/quote] What does youth or age have to do with it? One day, the U.S. market will get over its wagon=age perceptions, and get into the better utility, field of vision and better weight balance of the wagon, not to mention better looks. I'm a Subaru fan through and through, but there is no way that the rather generic-looking sedan looks at all "sporty," I regret to report. On the other hand, check out the wagon, with that downward sloping roofline and smoothly integrated spoiler coming off the roof. Niiice! :D Then again, I suppose if more people in the USDM preferred wagons, as they do everywhere else in the world, they wouldn't be our own secret. :lol: Kevin

Archived