LegacyGT.com

Audiable "Click" while coming to full stop. 05 Automatic

epicbard

Hey everyone. I just noticed that my 05 GT has developed this click when it comes to a full stop. The noise is coming from the shifter. I have the 5EAT only have 15k miles on it so far... Kinda weird. I know its coming from there because if i put my hand on the stick i can feel the vibration ... some sort of mechanical movement.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Would like to know if it is OK or what not.

Hey everyone. I just noticed that my 05 GT has developed this click when it comes to a full stop. The noise is coming from the shifter. I have the 5EAT only have 15k miles on it so far... Kinda weird. I know its coming from there because if i put my hand on the stick i can feel the vibration ... some sort of mechanical movement.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Would like to know if it is OK or what not.

I hear it too in mine when I get home every day and every time I back up.

My 5eat does this too. I've just never mentioned it on the forums. I have noticed it since the first week I owned the car. Drove an Outback that did the same thing, but it was not as loud as mine. I wonder what it is or what the purpose is for this noise? It happens everytime I slow down enough for the car to shift into 1st gear.

Maybe is the transmission lock engagin/disengaging? Does it happen when you slow down without depressing the brake? Does it happen if you pump the brake?

I had a car that did this when the brake was pressed. It was the transmission lock.

X

---

Maybe is the transmission lock engagin/disengaging? Does it happen when you slow down without depressing the brake? Does it happen if you pump the brake?

I had a car that did this when the brake was pressed. It was the transmission lock.

X

Happens when you press the brake, just before the car comes to a full stop.

I have an 05 LGT with the 5EAT and my car started making the same clicking noise very early in mileage. Have close to 15k miles on it, noise hasn't changed and doesn't appear to impact the way she drives. I seem to notice the noise when the car is cold and not so much when its warm, might just be in my head though.

I have an 05 LGT with the 5EAT and my car started making the same clicking noise very early in mileage. Have close to 15k miles on it' date=' noise hasn't changed and doesn't appear to impact the way she drives. I seem to notice the noise when the car is cold and not so much when its warm, might just be in my head though.[/quote']

+1

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Mine clicks when in manual mode and it downshifts to first on it's own when I come to a stop, and when I press the brake to shift out of park, it's normal.

My tranny has 'clunked' a few times when I'm coasting along in slow traffic in 1st gear via manual mode, though. It jerks the whole car a bit when it happens.. kinda scary.

this click is produced by electromagnetic lock that is located under the plastic cover around shifter. This lock prevents from accidental R or P when driving on D on higher speed than few mph. So, lock is activated/deactivated on some specific speed ( I'm not sure about axact mph)

this click is produced by electromagnetic lock that is located under the plastic cover around shifter. This lock prevents from accidental R or P when driving on D on higher speed than few mph. So, lock is activated/deactivated on some specific speed ( I'm not sure about axact mph)

is possible to make it less audiable?

I would agree with this. I think it says somewhere in the user manual that it's 4 MPH. There is a lock that keeps you from bumping the stick into reverse, or shifting into reverse when you're moving too fast. It would engauge when you go over 4 MPH, and disengage when you slow down.

I'm sure it's not that loud. Just ignore it. Don't be so picky. I'm ignoring all the creaks and rattles my dash makes whenever i go over small bumps.... and the peice of plastic or something that rattles around in the air vent when i turn on the defrost.

:)

I noticed the same noise too a few months ago and took my car to my Subaru Dealer . The service manager let me try another 5EAT car and the same noise was present . I tried my friend's auto GT and the same click is there too but just a wee bit softer than mine. It's not a mechanical fault so i'm not fussed anymore.

May be turn up the stereo a little and try not to pay too much attention to it and hopefully you will forget about it in time.

Jasper

Melb, Australia.

Archived