LegacyGT.com

3.0R Spec-B announced

[quote name='PPower'][quote name='Ridgeracer']Well it would be good for all the yuppies who want that linear feel in acceleration. I tell you guys.....Nobody appreciates driving a good 5 or for that matter 6 spd nowadays....[/quote] So you're are suggesting that either 1) only yuppies want linear acceleration or 2) it is a fallacy that linear acceleration is good. In straight line, it doesn't really matter. Once you start mixing acceleration with curves, linear acceleration/power can really help with maintaining adhesion at the limits of the tire just like why rev-matching is good. For non-linear, look at reviews of old 911 turbos. They were a lot of fun if driven right, but dangerous because when the boost came on while exiting a turn.[/quote] Interesting point...I never really considered that. It just seems like people want the cars to do more for them so they can be less involved with the actual control of it.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

[quote name='Val']Why does Subaru keep a relatively skinny 215 tire width even when going to 18" wheels?[/quote] Difference in Width Wide tires: Provides stability during cornering. Good for technical courses with up-hills, curves, and ups-and-downs. Narrow tires: Good for straightway courses. Less drag on the motor and may have the advantage of longer run times. I'm not sure but I think the 'less drag on the motor' fact may be relevant esp with 4 wheel drive and the power of the legacy. ------------------------------------ [i]The liver is EVIL and must be PUNISHED[/i]

Remember, this is a street car selling to the masses, not a race car. Especially in the USDM they will try and make their mileage numbers look as good as possible. Plus, if they can get a good deal on a certain size and brand, who knows. *shrug* But we must remember, these are passenger cars first and foremost.

215 is not a "narrow" tire. It provides an excellent blend of grip and lack of rolling resistance, coupled with not forcing people to spend big bucks on replacement rubber, something that was a problem for Mitsubishi, for instance, who had 18s on the 3000GTs. I run 215-45-17s on my WRX wagon in summertime, and trust me...grip is not an issue. It isn't as if a car that has 225s is going to stick where a car that has 215s is going to go flying off the road. Think about 10mm and how little that is. Further, think about how the same size tire from different manufacturers can be wider or narrower. Then call me in the morning, when this is all better. :lol: Kevin

If you're tracking, the guys in Japan told me it's a BIG difference, particularly on their B4 RSK's and GT-B's. But as I said, selling to the average Joe, most people aren't tracking this car.

[quote name='gtguy']No 6MT in the AWD G35, however. Kevin[/quote] Given that the G35 can get 450hp with the supercharger, the AWD would be nice. For most of the US, and where I'll be, AWD isn't fully necessary. It would still be nice though.

Well that's reasonable. Check with Monovich on NASIOC. He was the first person that I know of to import Spec B's into North America. [img]http://homepage.mac.com/futureofx/.Pictures/CARS/Monovich1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='gtguy']There is still that persistent rumor of the "performance" Legacy. Perhaps that will be the 3.0R. [/quote] Latest info I have on that is that it is real, it is ready to go anytime Subaru pulls the trigger, but that we likely won't see it announced until a year from now. :( -- Bill Flowers Clearwater, FL

Archived