LegacyGT.com

Another Aussie GT Review for ya's ...

Check out this review of the new legacy/liberty... :D [url]http://drive.fairfax.com.au/cgi-bin/drive2002/wrapper.cgi?article=..%2Fdocs%2Fcontent-new%2Fnews%2Fgeneral%2F2004%2F01%2F09%2FFFXB0C237PD.html&make=&family=&desc=&IsDealer=&search_query=&result_query=&site_section=news&cat=findarticles&subCat=&pType=searchresults&querytext=liberty[/url] "Liberty boxes above its weight" "The GT has no such problems. It is wickedly quick 0-100kmh in 6.6 seconds and pulls like a train across a wide rev range. The twin-turbo B4's stuttering two-stage power delivery, with a dip in the middle, is gone; the GT's twin-scroll single turbo produces exceptional responsiveness and strength from 3000rpm, with a big extra kick in the final 1000rpm before the 7000 redline. In push-button shift mode, the five-speed gets the GT along as effectively as a manual. Changes are fast and precise, and it is willing to run to the redline in each gear. "

This should confirm that a U.S. spec Legacy GT "Auto" should be able to sit at the 6 second to 60 threshold (Aussie 2.0L GT "Auto" did 6.6 seconds in the 0 to 62...not bad). Heck it looks like the 0 to 60 in 5.5 seconds seems quite realistic for the U.S. spec MT version...SWEET! 8)

"The Liberty's dynamics are good enough to handle more power as demonstrated by the GT, which sits in the top echelon of performance sedans, at any price, and is an absolute bargain. " Gotta love that comment! I CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT!! :o :D :D

If you go to the website suggested above by mycl, the Aussie price for the manual GT sedan was (in american dollars) 26,848 base, and with the premium package $35,662.. now, that the price in AUSTRALIA, not necessarily the good 'ol USA, but I thought it was interesting anyway. I wonder if Paul Hogan would still get a discount...???

this kind of reminds me of the what we read for the STi (2.0 twin scroll turbo etc..). then we got the 2.5 300hp beast and evertybody was in awe... So we know we are getting a 2.5 l not twin scroll( right?). 2.5 liter will give even more torque. He he I can't wait. Cheers Nick

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I would wager that our GT will be even hotter than the 2.0 twin scroll version. I simply can't wait to get my sleeper wagon.[/quote] I agree on that. Maybe we lost some stuff out of the 2.0 motor when we got the 2.5 STi motor but I think the 2.5 motor is perfect for the US. Cheers Nick

[quote name='titsataki']this kind of reminds me of the what we read for the STi (2.0 twin scroll turbo etc..). then we got the 2.5 300hp beast and evertybody was in awe... So we know we are getting a 2.5 l not twin scroll( right?). 2.5 liter will give even more torque. He he I can't wait. Cheers Nick[/quote] To say that it will have more torque isn't necessarily true though the 2.5 will have more off-boost torque. However, the twinscroll will spool up quicker. Since dyno's have shown the JDM GT putting down about 235 ft-lbs, our 250ft-lbs (if relatively accurate) would mean that the USDM 2.5 is more than the Asian 2.0. So you're probably right, but don't take the capability of the 2.0 twinscroll for granted. I'll stay on my quest for an eventual 2.5 twinscroll. 8)

Archived