LegacyGT.com

2006 2.5 Xt

TurboAWD

Here's our 2006 2.5 XT, purchased November 2005.

Has almost every possible option. Mods/extras include:

• Jazzy's iPod input mod with custom center console input jack
  • Window tint (35% front sides, 15% all other)
  • InvincaShield full front end mask
  • De-badged rear end
  • DRL disconnect mod
  • Removed lateral bars from roof rack
  • Fumoto Valve oil drain valve
  • BumperPlugs to cover holes in front bumper from dealer drilling to mount license plate (www.bumperplugs.com)
  • JDM Legacy GT rear sway bar (20 mm)
  • Blizzak snow tires mounted on 16" 2002 Outback wheels
  • All-weather floor mats
  • Silver painted calipers (to preserve OEM look)
  • Anthracite painted mufflers (Duplicolor wheel coating, just for "stealth" look - they'd rust & look like crap, anyway)
  • Full Sylvania SilverStar bulb install (regular, high beams, F turn signals)
  • Clear Corner Mod

That's about it, I think. So much for Outback owners not modding!

Enjoy!

P1050806.thumb.JPG.9ecaf9076a0dcf2dee366b8da5238e27.JPG

P1050807.thumb.JPG.a5fcddc141f4fa4c41cf321b1ff79bca.JPG

P1050810.thumb.JPG.3c9d999e96e9460f7d26e1e9d521f478.JPG

P1050811.thumb.JPG.658351650c514ca52dc42ec72bedd59b.JPG

P1050812.thumb.JPG.7d25b14f56730c45a61e350196141628.JPG

Thanks for the comments. I should point out that this is the wife's car, so I'm just having some fun with it.

I'm very impressed with the refinement and quality of the new Subarus (having gone through a 99 Legacy GT and 02 Outback) and I even remarked on the way home from the dealer that if Subaru has come this far, there's no point in spending extra money on an Audi in the future. I personally don't think the auto rags have given Subaru enough credit for their accomplishments in this area.

As it stands, the Outback XT's trump card is it's pure stealth and straight line performance. I personally think the power is too much for the Outback suspension, and since it's the wife's car, I'll probably leave the engine alone. The worst thing about the car is the mileage, as my 320hp S4 gets 1-2 better MPG driven over the same routes and driven much more aggressively. On the other hand, the Outback did just average over 25 mpg fully loaded during a road trip that took us around Lake Michigan recently, though, so it's not all bad.

BTW - I am in the Milwaukee area (Muskego) and I went to TenderCar on the south side for the InvincaShield and tint. (http://www.tendercar.com/) Very good guys. When they took more than a day to complete the work, they gave me a certificate for a free wash/detailing.

Nope - while I don't mind the look of the bumper guard, I felt it only served to make the car appear as if it was trying to look like an SUV.

On that same note, I wish someone would make springs for these cars just to drop them down 1.5 - 2.0 inches to help them look a bit less truck-ish. Anyone who's ever seen the Audi Allroad, which has an adjustable suspension, at it's lower, high speed setting, knows that car looks better when it's hunkered down a bit. Same here.

I kinda like it a bit lower :p But not so low that it looks like a lowered S4.

Absolutely - me neither! I think the XT would look mighty good dropped 1" to 1.5", or closing the fender/wheel gap by about 50%.

Since I doubt I'll ever be buying aftermarket wheels for this car, I would like to install spacers to move the wheels out a bit. I think about that almost everytime I'm in the garage looking at the car.

Thanks for the comments. I should point out that this is the wife's car, so I'm just having some fun with it.

I'm very impressed with the refinement and quality of the new Subarus (having gone through a 99 Legacy GT and 02 Outback) and I even remarked on the way home from the dealer that if Subaru has come this far, there's no point in spending extra money on an Audi in the future. I personally don't think the auto rags have given Subaru enough credit for their accomplishments in this area.

As it stands, the Outback XT's trump card is it's pure stealth and straight line performance. I personally think the power is too much for the Outback suspension, and since it's the wife's car, I'll probably leave the engine alone. The worst thing about the car is the mileage, as my 320hp S4 gets 1-2 better MPG driven over the same routes and driven much more aggressively. On the other hand, the Outback did just average over 25 mpg fully loaded during a road trip that took us around Lake Michigan recently, though, so it's not all bad.

BTW - I am in the Milwaukee area (Muskego) and I went to TenderCar on the south side for the InvincaShield and tint. (http://www.tendercar.com/) Very good guys. When they took more than a day to complete the work, they gave me a certificate for a free wash/detailing.

Agree at some points with you man...

I also had an 01 Imola Yellow S4 6MT, and loooved my baby, however after putting some serious miles on it, it started to give some headache, and decided to sell/buy the Subie....

Most of the refinement is there, however still not at the same level...

Nice pics on your OBXT....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I worry all the time about my Audi getting sick and costing me mucho dineros, especially the always possible, much-feared turbo failures.

In fact when my car approached the end of it's warranty period, I just assumed I'd be selling and moving on. But since I've only got 37k miles on it after nearly 6 years on the road, I don't worry too much.

• 1 month later...

Archived