LegacyGT.com

Street Tuner/Access Tuner Race Discussion Thread

rao

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I got the knock worked out and I'm working on getting the Load scaling done. So far so good.

By the way it might have been phantom knock, but it is nice to start off clean then slowly get more aggressive.

It took a couple of adjustments to get it to go away. ST wouldn't let me do a .2 adjustment, so I just used the small decrease, logged and got the same result, did another small decrease again and now it's logging clean and the timing curve is smoothed out now too. I haven't done a run all the way to redline yet, but I did get a couple logs from 2-5.5k RPMs and the knock event is gone in that range.

I've got a RomRaider dump of my last tune/basemap and I've been comparing maps between RR and ST so I'll have a better idea of what is different between the two, so we can communicate better. There are actually quite a few major differences between the two softwares. ST has some table that aren't in RR and vise versa. Looks like I'll probably end up using both ST and RR to complete my tune.

I've started another rev. of this map that'll have Pri.Fuel, Pri.Ign and DA scaled out to at least 3.00 g's/rev. Once I get that covered; I think I'll start working boost and spool.

Let's kick this pig!

I can't remember any tables that RR doesn't have though, which ones are you referring to?

Maybe I just haven't matched every table in both yet or it's the totally different names and values in certain tables that's throwing me, but they seem different. StreetTuner Advanced looks like it has 3 more Idle tables, 4 more CL tables , a Cruise table , and a couple other tables that I don't find matches for in the RR dump of my old map. RR has a few that aren't matched to ST-A too. I'm sure I'll figure out which is which in the two softwares with a bit more time.

Let's kick this pig!

3 more Idle tables, 4 more CL tables , a Cruise table , and a couple other tables that I don't find matches for in the RR dump of my old map. RR has a few that aren't matched to ST-A too. I'm sure I'll figure out which is which in the two softwares with a bit more time.

ST does have more idle table, but I don't think it matters, I have not heard of anyone adjusting their idle and then having it not respond due to ECU using a different table.

Enginuity actually has more CL tables, they are displayed differently. ST uses multiple tables to do what Eninguity does in less. Other then the tables that have multiple maps (ABC) that shouldn't matter anyways (as ST knows what map the ECU uses for that tranny model) Enginuity has CL Delay Max Engine Speed (N) and """" Coolant temp and """" EGT.

The cruise speed table is the only one that matters so far, as I hate being limited to 87 mph or so.:mad: Now I can set the cruise at whatever I want.;)

Enginuity has both Requested torque tables, STA just has the throttle duty cycles, although I don't think it matters that much.

The tables (other then cruise) that Enginuity has that I think are relevant are:

-Integral Cumulative range

-WGDC maximum limit

-per cylinder timing comp

-Min Primary OL enrichment

-the fact that injector flow scaling is a number that means something (cc/min)

I am sure there are more.........maybe we should add to the list.

There's a little learning curve to comparing map in the two that's for sure. Like you said, I'm sure most of the "extra" tables in ST are for most part duplicates or useless and there is a comprable table in RR somewhere.

I must admit that I like the live trace feature. When I was tuning that little knock event out; It was great how the cursor just ziped over to the right and sat in the two cells that neeed adjustment. That in it's self makes the price paid well worth it. So far I'm loving this, but it's real time consuming.

It's good to have others who use both so I have something to compare to. Now I'm off to scale my Loads. Another hundred hours behind the keyboard and I should have some clue what I'm doing:lol:.

Edited by qikslvr
Let's kick this pig!

Sorry still learning, i just actually picked up Greg Banish's book Engine Management:Advanced Tuning... Trying to understand wtf you are all talking about :lol:
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Well, I'm about done dialing in my WOT timing with DA of 6 down the column and I'm almost ready to load a map with scaled load values. After I get the new load columns dialed in; I'll throw the Perrin TMIC back on and adjust for it.

After that I should be able to put my AEM CAI back on and tune for it right?

Let's kick this pig!

Just a quick update. I've got my TMIC and AEM CAI back on, my fuel trims are basically 0, my wideband AFR's damn near match requested exactly, I'm hitting bost targets and all the scaling is complete. Now I have to go back and work on timing again. Since I got my CAI calibrated; I leaned out a little, so I had to drop a degree or two of timing here and there to make it happy again. I think I'm getting there.
Let's kick this pig!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are the ones I have from my notes for RomRaider. Not sure if you can see them all from ST (don't have it).

P2004 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL STUCK OPEN (BANK 1).

P2005 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL STUCK OPEN (BANK 2).

P2006 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL STUCK CLOSED (BANK 1).

P2007 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL STUCK CLOSED (BANK 2).

P2008 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL CIRCUIT / OPEN (BANK 1).

P2009 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW (BANK 1).

P2011 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL CIRCUIT / OPEN (BANK 2).

P2012 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW (BANK 2).

P2016 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR/ SWITCH CIRCUIT LOW (BANK 1).

P2017 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR/ SWITCH CIRCUIT HIGH (BANK 1).

P2021 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR/ SWITCH CIRCUIT LOW (BANK 2).

P2022 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR/ SWITCH CIRCUIT HIGH (BANK 2).

Here are the ones I have from my notes for RomRaider. Not sure if you can see them all from ST (don't have it).

P2004 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL STUCK OPEN (BANK 1).

P2005 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL STUCK OPEN (BANK 2).

P2006 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL STUCK CLOSED (BANK 1).

P2007 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL STUCK CLOSED (BANK 2).

P2008 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL CIRCUIT / OPEN (BANK 1).

P2009 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW (BANK 1).

P2011 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL CIRCUIT / OPEN (BANK 2).

P2012 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER CONTROL CIRCUIT LOW (BANK 2).

P2016 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR/ SWITCH CIRCUIT LOW (BANK 1).

P2017 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR/ SWITCH CIRCUIT HIGH (BANK 1).

P2021 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR/ SWITCH CIRCUIT LOW (BANK 2).

P2022 - TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER POSITION SENSOR/ SWITCH CIRCUIT HIGH (BANK 2).[/quote

Of course ST can address them. Your list is correct.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed something weird about my ST-A software.

When in "live tuning" and "live trace" mode; all of my temp correction driven parameters with names like "coolant temp boost correction" show the coolant temp to be pegged to 230 degrees even from a cold start where the needle is all the way at the bottom. The guage list will show the actual coolant temp, but the trace shows it in the 230 range.

Are there two different coolant temp sending units or is this a software error? I know my Jeeps all had one sending unit to drive the guage and one to feed the ECU.

Let's kick this pig!

I noticed something weird about my ST-A software.

When in "live tuning" and "live trace" mode; all of my temp correction driven parameters with names like "coolant temp boost correction" show the coolant temp to be pegged to 230 degrees even from a cold start where the needle is all the way at the bottom. The guage list will show the actual coolant temp, but the trace shows it in the 230 range.

Are there two different coolant temp sending units or is this a software error? I know my Jeeps all had one sending unit to drive the guage and one to feed the ECU.

Live tuning and live trace only work w/ RT tables.

The BM tables are not read by the car when it is in live tuning mode, so those functions don't work there.

What do i have to do to get my idle up to 900RPMs?

I changed the idle tables in the BM and I've also increased TDC at ZERO throttle to 2.51 to help with the LWFW, but it still sits at around 750-800RPMs and bounces around sometimes when I put the clutch in. It even dies once in a while when I push the clutch too quick.

Let's kick this pig!

What do i have to do to get my idle up to 900RPMs?

I changed the idle tables in the BM and I've also increased TDC at ZERO throttle to 2.51 to help with the LWFW, but it still sits at around 750-800RPMs and bounces around sometimes when I put the clutch in. It even dies once in a while when I push the clutch too quick.

I changed my idle tables using RR and it worked fine.

Once PDX tried to change my idle tables on pro-tuner, and it didn't work. Go figure.

Actually my TDC is at 3.52 which is what it sat at when idling before I upped the zero throttle column values. I'll up it a little more and see what happens.

But ya I see why people use both OS editors and ST.

Let's kick this pig!