LegacyGT.com

If it's coming out in May...

Everybody is saying June. My dealer is going on his ride and drive in June. No way would you see reviews this early. You might see first drives in May issues, but that's about it. Speaking of the new Car & Driver, how sexy is that ultra-LEV Focus wagon? It makes only a miniscule amount more pollution than an electric car or a Prius, but it goes like stink, only a tenth off the SVT Focus 0-60, and the SVT is a coupe, not a wagon. It's called the Focus PZEV (partial zero emissions vehicle) or some such. And for about $20K...very tempting for us tree huggers. :D You can be an environmentalist AND have lots of fun. :lol: Kevin

I agree, if it will be here in June, we won't see anything until the May issue, at the earliest. It may be the June issue that it comes in first. If you get subscriptions, you get the issue the month before it is supposed to be out. Like someone said, they have their April issue already, while it is only early March. So, my bet would be the June issue.

[quote name='ha-evolution']Maybe the mags will stage another Subaru/Mitsubishi shootout featuring the Legacy GT vs Gallant.[/quote] No contest, in price or performance. The Legacy GT is better, but also more money. Kevin

I saw one of these in WI yesterday: [img]http://www.alfaromeo.com/ALFAROMEO_COM/uploads/1030/1073820491/20031001/03.Laterale_Strada_1.jpg[/img] Like a metallic mint chocolate chip ice cream color... without the chips. :) There's a local dealer around here (Reina) that used to sell Fiats and Alfas... and still must have a way to gray market them. They had one of these once too: [img]http://www.alfaromeo.com/ALFAROMEO_COM/uploads/PB_MODEL_EDITORIAL/1073820501/20030722/MO_L_09_000_1.jpg[/img] Very cool looking cars.

[quote name='gtguy'][quote name='ha-evolution']Maybe the mags will stage another Subaru/Mitsubishi shootout featuring the Legacy GT vs Gallant.[/quote] No contest, in price or performance. The Legacy GT is better, but also more money. Kevin[/quote] Now, the Gallant GTS comes with a 238 HP 3.8l V6, and starts just under $26k. It may be a competitor... . . . OK, I could hardly type that with a straight face. In my opinion, all Mitsu's other than the Evo have been hit hard (and repeatedly) with an ugly stick. I am talking Aztek levels of ugly!

No crap. Think Endeavor, non-EVO lancers, Galant, everything! They rarely get good reviews either. The EVO/STi one is a few and far between thing. Now maybe if Toyota brought the Caldina. Well, na, that probably wouldn't be competitive if the American division of Toyota got their hands on it. :lol: Actually it would probably be another overpriced Lexus. :lol:

BTW....Alfa will be back in the U.S. in late 2006 with their 2007 models...It is official. They will only be in certain markets in the beginning and they will slowly expand as sales increase. 8) The next 156 and 166 Alfa's are being built on a new platform co-developed with GM (same platform SAAB was going to use but backed out), and Alfa calls it the D and E class platforms.

[quote name='coolbluelb']Now, the Gallant GTS comes with a 238 HP 3.8l V6, and starts just under $26k. It may be a competitor... . . . OK, I could hardly type that with a straight face. In my opinion, all Mitsu's other than the Evo have been hit hard (and repeatedly) with an ugly stick. I am talking Aztek levels of ugly![/quote] Agreed x10. Ugly and slow. Now if they had brought over the last gen twin turbo V-6 Gallant they might have had a competitor.

[quote name='ha-evolution'][quote name='coolbluelb']Now, the Gallant GTS comes with a 238 HP 3.8l V6, and starts just under $26k. It may be a competitor... . . . OK, I could hardly type that with a straight face. In my opinion, all Mitsu's other than the Evo have been hit hard (and repeatedly) with an ugly stick. I am talking Aztek levels of ugly![/quote] Agreed x10. Ugly and slow. Now if they had brought over the last gen twin turbo V-6 Gallant they might have had a competitor.[/quote] Yup, but it was an AT only IIRC, and heavier. Sorta like the Toyotas. Gotta love the leg!

[quote name='SUBE555']Having the EVO contest is fine, but any other model contention is suicide.[/quote] You're right... there is no way around the Evo contest. It is what created the Mitsu/Subaru rivalry, in my head at least! Not 100% sure about real life, though. It could have come earlier.

Archived