LegacyGT.com

Thinking the unthinkable

I am thinking about moving away from my Legacy...to a IS250 AWD. Comments? Not looking for why one is better then the other. Does anyone own an Is250? Heard bad/good things etc. I've had 5 subbies now, wifey still has a 05 lgt wagon. I am just looking for a little more comfort. The only downside I see is the loss of power, but heck then again I've had my leggy for 1.5 years and I have not done much in the way of performance. Thanks for your inputs.

I cant say much about them, as I've only sat in one at a dealership for awhile. Dead sexy interior .. my ass melted into that leather so nicely, I think they had to clean the seat after I was finally pulled out of it. Power is definitely the weakpoint though .. only 204hp in a 3650 pound car hurts. If I was making the jump to a true luxury car, I'd wait and save a bit longer and opt for the IS350. Of course, it's not AWD, but .. I'd take one in a heartbeat.

My friend was looking to buy one so we checked it out at the NYC auto show. Beautiful car (only comes in Auto as far as I know). The only problem was that it felt really small inside. My friend is 6'3 so his head was almost touching the roof. I am only 5'10 and even I felt cramped. It seemed even smaller than my TSX interior.

Other than that, the car is a knockout looks-wise and I'm sure it handles well. And being a Toyota product, you can expect great relibility. A little pricey though.

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

A friend of mine has an IS350. The 350 lacks a manual option. The 6spd auto is really an auto even if you have it in manual mode, it'll still shift for you say if you stomp on the gas while in 6th gear, it'll downshift down to the appropriate gear. Traction control and stability control can't be turned off except for the secret code prior to starting the car but then you can't turn it back on without shutting the car off. Space wise it's more cramp than a LGT. Visibility is somewhat poor compared with a LGT due to the small windows and high belt line. Lots of luxury items including blue tooth and no need to take the keys out of your pocket. If the key fob goes dead, you would really be f-ed unless you read the manual on how to get back inside the car. There are no visible key openings on the door. Power wise, it's a really smooth delivery and the car is really quite. It doesn't seem fast with the butt dyno despite what the speedo indicates. Stage 1 LGT is probably faster than the IS350.

IS250 is pretty slow. If you get the manual version it can be somewhat fun. however in regards to Comfort, the car feels quite cramped and small compared to my leggy. The IS350 is a beast. A stage one lgt might be slightly faster in the 1/4 but an is350 pulls hard on the highway.

IS250 is pretty slow. If you get the manual version it can be somewhat fun. however in regards to Comfort, the car feels quite cramped and small compared to my leggy. The IS350 is a beast. A stage one lgt might be slightly faster in the 1/4 but an is350 pulls hard on the highway.

I had a IS350 smoke me when he took me by suprise, i was granny shifting to 2nd and it was too late...

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Oh and reqards to the orig question..

If Comfort, and inerior ergonomics and name bling are more important to you then performance then the is250 is fine.

The is350 is quite a price jump from whatever you would have paid for the gt though

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Maybe I am getting old, don't care about the speed too much, though I wish the 350 came in awd. I looked up the specs and the headroom seems a tad smaller, but more hip room. It mostly me and the Mrs, so I don't think it will be a problem, I am looking at a Navi one. Well I am going to see if I do an overnight test drive to make sure it is what I want. It will be nice to put in regular gas finally and not have to worry about the supreme :)

Maybe I am getting old, don't care about the speed too much, though I wish the 350 came in awd. I looked up the specs and the headroom seems a tad smaller, but more hip room. It mostly me and the Mrs, so I don't think it will be a problem, I am looking at a Navi one. Well I am going to see if I do an overnight test drive to make sure it is what I want. It will be nice to put in regular gas finally and not have to worry about the supreme :)

The IS250 requires premium.

I would also look at the new G35, now that is a sweet ride.

My neighbor has the IS250 AWD...It's simply gorgeous inside and out IMHO. The power (in the 250) is it's achilles heel, especially at high altitude. That basically rules it out for me.

If you aren't worried about the interior space, I'd say go for it. otherwise check out the new G35x's....verrry nice car. Roomy, fast, and powerful.

The IS250 (especially AWD) gets the 3 S's. Sleek, Sexy, and slow!!!!! F, if it is just you and the misses, look at the new bmw 3 series coupe! Or, buy the new g35. It is way nice and much faster than the IS250. Now if I had 40 grand or so, I wouldn't mind getting a IS350. Lexus makes some of the most luxerious cars

The IS250 (especially AWD) gets the 3 S's. Sleek, Sexy, and slow!!!!! F, if it is just you and the misses, look at the new bmw 3 series coupe! Or, buy the new g35. It is way nice and much faster than the IS250. Now if I had 40 grand or so, I wouldn't mind getting a IS350. Lexus makes some of the most luxerious cars

My friends already complain I drive slow :icon_bigg

3 series couple = sexy but with all BMW by the time you spec it out to my liking its like an arm, leg, and kidney more! :( I don't think I could do the Infiniti, I like the power, just hate the insides. The 07 Is250 AWD w/ Navi I am looking at is ~35.3k. So its just a tad more then the Spec B. I need to just drive it again and go from there. Probs won't do anything till I refi the house in Oct, so Legacy for me for a bit longer :icon_mrgr

^^^ beat me to it....

I thought AWD IS250 was auto only....

Yeah it is, I just went to the Lexus site to double check. Some people still seem to think you can get AWD and manual but I can't find that combo anywhere on the site. :iam:

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

One more thing to remember - every Lexus car comes with a Lexus dealer attached. This is not to say that the car will need to see the dealer more often , just that when it does expect to be treated like someone who doesn't give a sh*t how much things cost. My buddy has an ES330 and EVERYTHING they do costs a lot more than it did for his Toyota. A lot more.

Other than that its probably a real nice car.

Well the Ms finally saw and IS250 the other day, she was like "What is that car? That is Sexy!" She's bought in! Its all over! As far as Lexus dealers go, they might charge a lot but the service is 2nd to none. My buddy who bought an 06 Is250 and had to go in for a recall, got a Ipod Nano just for the trouble. How many Subaru dealerships do that? I love my Suby service center but its like pulling teeth to get a rental unless they keep your car overnight. At the lexus dealership they pull up an es350 on call. Guess their are some perks for spend 35+ k.

hmmmm? Spend 15,000+ on a car with inferior AWD and less power? Sure, you get a nicer interior - but the LGT is still nice..., sure you get Toyota reliability - but a subaru isn't a ford...

Take a huge hit in trade in? ehhh...

Keep the LGT for 2 more years, and re-evaluate.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Enjoy the new car, but I hope you like going slow..

I haven't taken the plunge yet. I am a new car whore though. This has been my progression.

01 RS 2.5 - Totalled by someone running a red light

03 WRX- Sold at 11k on it

04 STi- Sold with 4k on it

05 LGT- Have 11k on and I feel like its old lol, I need a support group.

As far as going slow. The MS still has her 05 Wagon LGT that I can throw all my mods on it and make it a total sleeper, she likes that idea :)

For 35K I would not buy a Subaru, not even the LGT Spec-B, period. That is insane, IMO. I bought my LGT-Ltd because I got it new for 25K. Now for that price, the LGT is the best car for the money. If I wanted to spend 35K I would have bought either an Acura TL, Infinity G35 or BMW 325ix ('07 model). The '07 G35 is a very nice car. The interior has been significantly upgraded from the old model. It is definitely worth a look if you are looking to buy in the 35K range...

Archived