LegacyGT.com

how many times

llmask

how many times do you wash your car?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. how many times do you wash your car?

Just detailed it yesterday... Well... Half-ass detailed it anyway. Skipped the polish & wax except on the hood, but claybarred and used paint cleaner over the whole thing. Armor All-ed the interior and glass, too, skipped the vacuum and seat cleaning. Man oh man is brand new paint hard to polish. Nothing for the polish to sink in to, the clearcoat is faultless.

Just spent some quality time with the soap, sponge, various cleaners, and a vaccuum on Friday. I first time I've washed and detailed in about 6mons, which is HORRIBLE for me...and now stupid Jeanne is raining on my parade!!! When I had my Honda, I was washing every wknd and waxing every 2 wknds. Kenda

Yeah, North Carolina's weather isn't wonderful this time of year. I just got back from a 7 day camping trip around Boone and the Blue Ridge and it rained every day. Beautiful, though. I would hate trying to maintain a clean car around NC - although Tennessee's weather isn't much better. Sean

I find about once every other week works well with my black car, but I park under a car port, and park in a garage at work. So the only time my car gets wet is when I am driving it. In the winter I will be lucky to get one wash in a month. It just gets to cold and the water will freeze before I finish washing it :o I usually wax every 3 months, and about twice a year I will give it a good detailing (Claybar/Polish/Wax/Full interior cleaning). I keep my car really clean on the inside, so I don't have to clean it much, I had my WRX for over 2 years and it looked better then some peoples WRX's that they had for 2 months.

Guest bossies1
I've been washing my Regal Blue wagon once a week so far. I used a clay bar the 1st time, and was amazed. Now I wash carefully and use Klasse AIO when needed. I think I'll try Klasse sealant next...

Guest bossies1
You can use a soft "bug sponge" with the tar + bug remover. Just remember that this removes any wax you've put on, so be sure to rewax that area. I think the key is to remove the bugs as soon as you can. Dave

I've used the bug + tar remover twice now on the front end of my black leggy. I've seen no difference in the color of the paint. Let me know if anyone finds otherwise!! It works great, though. I put alot of highway miles on the car so there's always an array of bugs on the front. Sean

• 2 weeks later...
i have to wash my silver gt at least twice a month since i park outdoor and get lots of stuff from the birds, leaves from the trees and whatnot... but i don't have to pay for washing since my local Shell is giving away free car wash (worth of $5) for gas purchase of $5+ until the end of this year :D, which is perfect since i am lazy :P and my car gets dirty very easily for reasons stated above (there is no reason for me to spend few hours hand-washing it).

This Space For Rent

i have the subaru car cover and it really isnt too much help.things get through it, as far as dust, etc. Also, the paperwork says it waterproof, but the car is wet after it rains and i take the cover off, and im not talking about condensation. the car is not much better off with the cover. it does keep the neighborhood stray cats from marking up my hood tho...

I have to admit, I did tick the 4 range PM but only in the nice summer months when it isnt raining as much. I find if you wash the car all the time, its easier and faster when next you go to wash it. And besides, nothing better than being in a superclean car driving by the beach. Adam.

Archived