KartRacerBoy

Lease or Own 2005+ Legacy and your Age  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Lease or Own 2005+ Legacy and your Age

• Lease Legacy, 16-25 years old.
    • Lease, 26-35 years old.
    • Lease, 36-45 years old
    • Lease,46-55 years old.
    • Lease, 56+ years old (see you at the funeral home)
    • Own (or bank does), 16-25 years old.
    • Own, 26-35 years old.
    • Own, 36-45 years old.
    • Own, 46-55 years old.
    • Own, 56+ (see you at the old age home).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't think leasing makes much sense for the average consumer. For business purposes, that's a whole different story.

Leasing can get you into more car then you could otherwise afford, but you end up paying for it one way or the other. In CA, I think you even have to keep higher PL/PD limits on your insurance(like $100K/$300K vs. $10K/$30K state minimums). Your lower monthly CAR payment can easily be eaten up by the higher required full coverage INSURANCE payments. If you own, and its paid off, you can insure it however you like.

my .02

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I started this thread since I was surprised of the age of LGT owners on other polls on this site. Alot seemed in their young and mid 20's, which frankly suprised me with this car. I thought it had an older demographic and that it might be too expensive for people in their 20s. That's why I broke the poll into lease and own sections; I thought people might be leasing a car they otherwise couldn't afford. How wrong I was! It seems most of the leasing members are doing it through a business.

I started this thread since I was surprised of the age of LGT owners on other polls on this site. Alot seemed in their young and mid 20's, which frankly suprised me with this car. I thought it had an older demographic and that it might be too expensive for people in their 20s. That's why I broke the poll into lease and own sections; I thought people might be leasing a car they otherwise couldn't afford. How wrong I was! It seems most of the leasing members are doing it through a business.

You also have to keep in mind the internet demographic.

That point alone is going to skew the results quite a bit. And (obvious) you might be surprised at what some people in their 20s can afford :lol:

Well a retail legacy gt maybe, but many members got theirs for way under cost...

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

You also have to keep in mind the internet demographic.

That point alone is going to skew the results quite a bit. And (obvious) you might be surprised at what some people in their 20s can afford :lol:

I'm just bitter because I lived hand to mouth in my 20s, either as a grad student or working in goverment. I had no valuable, marketable skills! :lol:

And I paid $26,500 or so for mine when I bought it in Feb 2005. I don't know if they were discounting them then or if I just got taken.

Hey, I'm bitter because my 20 year old brother in law is making nearly as much as me ($18/hr vs $21/hr), despite having his job less then a year. He's a sheet metal working for the navy, government pays really well for new people.

I suppose I shouldn't complain though. I know that I could cross the water to Seattle and be making $20k - $30k more a year for the same job... but that 2 hour commute each way is a killer.

• 2 weeks later...
Well a retail legacy gt maybe, but many members got theirs for way under cost...

Bingo. I'm 23, and I came out of college in May '05 and picked up my '05 LGT for $25.1k, with a sticker of $29.8k.

A good job doesn't hurt, either :icon_wink

EDIT: Might as well be 24, birthday is in 4 days :icon_bigg

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

• 2 years later...

Back from the dead. I shifted a category in 2 years.

And there's a difference between "not being able to afford" and a loan, Mr Holier than Thou. Are you going to buy a house with cash, too? It's easy to tell you're young. The arogance but inexperience of youth. :rolleyes:

Archived