LegacyGT.com

Pic Request - Garnet Red Pearl OB w/tint

t0pher

Just picked up an 06 GRP OBXT and I would like to see pics with tint to convince the wife.

I am thinking of doing the middles/rears/hatch (maybe 15%?) and leaving the fronts stock.

Thanks in advance!

LOL thanks man - I sent her those already!

And that wasn't enough to convince her?

I hope you're just choosing what level of tint to get and not if... you really must tint. It looks great, and with all that glass, you need the reduction in solar heating (at least in TX you do).

At 35%, I definitely don't feel any reduced visibility. I would have gone lower, say to 20%, but I wanted to have the same level all around and TX only allows down to 35% on front-side windows.

Yeah - I am trying to see how just the middles and backs look with tint with none on the fronts. (I don't want to have to worry about scratches and the fronts get the most wear.) I am thinking 15-35% but ultimately will decide at the installer when we can look through it and see how the visibility is.

I actually never had aftermarket tint before. What should I look for? I have read about moleskin in the door moldings - is this important? What about the hatch window defroster? Can I still use it or will it bubble the tint?

Yeah - I am trying to see how just the middles and backs look with tint with none on the fronts. (I don't want to have to worry about scratches and the fronts get the most wear.) I am thinking 15-35% but ultimately will decide at the installer when we can look through it and see how the visibility is.

I actually never had aftermarket tint before. What should I look for? I have read about moleskin in the door moldings - is this important? What about the hatch window defroster? Can I still use it or will it bubble the tint?

I don't open my windows often, so can't comment on scratches for your fronts. I do know that the installation and quality of tint can be important as I've had one car with absolutely perfect tint last >8 years (sold car, so can't comment beyond that) and another similar car (wife's) with bubbling and wavy tint over the same time.

You can still use the window defroster. I don't know if excessive use will bubble the tint (we're in TX, so don't need 'em often)--again, a good tint job will shine here and you'd be best to ask around for local recommendations (look for tinted >5 year old cars and see who did it).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived