LegacyGT.com

BODY KITS FOR THE 2005 LEGACY GT

legacygt2005

There are a few companies who make products for the LGT, but right now they are hard to find and expensive. Check out: [url]www.cc-b.com[/url] and [url]http://www.kingofimports.com/index.htm[/url] They have some stuff. Right now everything is being sourced out of Japan and Europe, so its way overpriced, IMO. Personally I am gonna wait a little bit and see what is around in a few months. Some of the companies who will make products need a little time with the car first. Good luck!. Let us know if you find any good deals... :D always looking for bargins.

Just an additional note about some of the body kits sold on our site, paricularly with respect to the Genuine Subaru ones: These generally come painted in your factory colors unlike other body kits so factory this into your pricing. Installation is generally very simple and can be done yourself with some tools. Fit and Finish. Fit and finish is generally superior to other body kits on the market because it is designed and manufactured by Subaru. We can also supply any other Body kits out of the UK or Japan. Drop us an email if you see something you like. Kevin [email]kevin@kingofimports.com[/email] King of Imports, LLC [url]http://www.kingofimports.com[/url] [url=http://www.kingofimports.com][img]http://www.kingofimports.com/images/header-graphic-2.jpg[/img][/url]

Kevin, Your comments beg the question: Are any of these kits designed specifically for USDM Legacy's? Have you sold any of these kits to USDM legacy owners with successful install of front bumpers? Or, are we mainly talking lip spoiler, side skirts, etc.? I assumed that all of your kits were originally "intended" for JDM cars since no one has caught up to the US/Can changes. Thanks, Nolan

\\[quote name='awd-turismo']Kevin, Your comments beg the question: Are any of these kits designed specifically for USDM Legacy's? Have you sold any of these kits to USDM legacy owners with successful install of front bumpers? Or, are we mainly talking lip spoiler, side skirts, etc.? I assumed that all of your kits were originally "intended" for JDM cars since no one has caught up to the US/Can changes. Thanks, Nolan[/quote] Nolan, There is not a whole lot of differences as we are finding out. Perhaps the only thing that remains to be proven is the bumper caps. Even so, JDM Bumper Beams can be a solution. Its going to be interesting to watch whether the market here will evolve. It may a bit, but I do not think as much as the Impreza, but the first to offer performance or body items should be able to capture most of the market. Expect something by next year based on our experience with the STi unless some companies move quicker than they did with the STi. Kevin

The first to capture the market is the one who offers a good quality product which is REASONABLY priced. I am sure tons of people on this board would be interested in a new grill alone, but hardly any of them are going to spend upwards of 400 trying to get one. Thats a car payment. I realize the situation with getting parts and its not cheap right now. I am certainly not knocking any vendors who supply them, but these parts will be sold in higher volume when people can justify spending the money on them. Case in point, the STI lip spoiler. $700+ for that little strip of plastic! For 700, you could most likely design your own and have it custom made. Then still have money left over... I look forward to those accessories when they drop at least 100+ off the price they are now... :D :D

[quote name='D-2.5-GT']The first to capture the market is the one who offers a good quality product which is REASONABLY priced. I am sure tons of people on this board would be interested in a new grill alone, but hardly any of them are going to spend upwards of 400 trying to get one. Thats a car payment. I realize the situation with getting parts and its not cheap right now. I am certainly not knocking any vendors who supply them, but these parts will be sold in higher volume when people can justify spending the money on them. Case in point, the STI lip spoiler. $700+ for that little strip of plastic! For 700, you could most likely design your own and have it custom made. Then still have money left over... I look forward to those accessories when they drop at least 100+ off the price they are now... :D :D[/quote] AMEN my brother! I am VERY interested in a nwe grille (sport grille).. its not worth near $400 to me.. At $700, I am about to set my self up to mass produce my own sti lip spoiler! I am all about changing the stock look of my car.. to make it unique and hard to identify on the road.. but to spend these premium prices is outragous! I thinks its easier to just get the silver center bar removed from the grille first!

We like to help where we can by offering group buys where savings can be had in shipping. Sometimes when you deal with an item such as a lip spoiler or trunk spoiler, that savings is not as great as one would like it to be. If you want to see some high quality products for your car without the STi prices, I suggest sending an email to [email]info@scottlowe.co.uk[/email] and indicate you are a legacy owner in the states looking for a new lip spoiler or grille made for your car and they can tell you how much it would cost. Let them know that we sent you over to inquire with them and if you can get enough people interested, then you might see something before next year.

Archived