LegacyGT.com

Mr. Clean Wash Liquid

jcs

It works pretty good. The soap is kind of weak, but you can put any soap you want into it really. The best thing about it is the rinse, uses a Pur water filter, and fine mist. Usually have to still spot dry a few small spots, but works pretty good... :D

I've used it about 7-8 times now on both of our Legacys. It works better than rinsing with regular hose water and we have moderately hard water here. I believe that most of the benfit comes from the PUR filter. I'm also not a big fan of the soap stuff. I might eventually try some of the Meguiar's soap that is also pretty thin. It's worth a try for $20! Some day, I might just install a water filtration system to wash my car!

When you first buy the "KIT" it comes with a filter that is supposed to be chaged after 3 washes. CHANGE IT! On my 4th or 5th wash, i was getting a white residue on my car, probably from all the mucked up crap in the filter. When you buy the stand-alone filters, they last 10 washes.

The soap is an intregal part of the system. At least it helps even if you don't use the filter rinse. See, my filter must be messed up (2nd one). It leaks out the bottom filter door. I'll have to look into what is wrong with it. When it worked it worked VERY well. It's almost scarey! But since the gun is leaking, I washed yesterday just using their soap (it smells real good) and washes well too. Water seemed to NOT spot as bad even though I just hose rinsed it. Bottom line.....It's well worth it.

[quote name='TLS']The soap is an intregal part of the system.[/quote] I read that in the instructions. I remember vaguely that the soap was helpful in that it contained "polymers" if I remember correctly. Don't quote me, or panic, if I'm wrong. ;) I've got some of that newer Meguiar's FXS (Is that right? I'm a little groggy at the moment.) [color=brown][Edit: NXT][/color] anti-static formula stuff that worked well enough by itself for cleaning. It's thin and watery like the Mr. Clean stuff. I wonder if it would work better. Maybe I'll have to try it on half of a car and compare it to the Mr. Clean formula. I don't quite feel that I'm getting the cars as clean as I'm used to. I've actually got to get more Zaino Bros. soap. Meguiar's is my second choice.

[quote name='Trent Bates'][quote name='TLS']The soap is an intregal part of the system.[/quote] I read that in the instructions. I remember vaguely that the soap was helpful in that it contained "polymers" if I remember correctly. Don't quote me, or panic, if I'm wrong. ;) I've got some of that newer Meguiar's FXS (Is that right? I'm a little groggy at the moment.) anti-static formula stuff that worked well enough by itself for cleaning. It's thin and watery like the Mr. Clean stuff. I wonder if it would work better. Maybe I'll have to try it on half of a car and compare it to the Mr. Clean formula. I don't quite feel that I'm getting the cars as clean as I'm used to. I've actually got to get more Zaino Bros. soap. Meguiar's is my second choice.[/quote] NXT. I use it, by hand though. Good stuff...smells good too!

Yeah, the Mr. Clean soap is part of the system. It doesn't produce suds like normal soaps and it appears to help the "sheeting" process. The system is a good choice if your vehicle isn't very dirty and you're in a hurry. Ken

[quote name='ADirtyLegacy']and to think I was gonna pose this question myself, glad someone already asked! Mr. Clean is the worst stuff ive ever used in my life!!!!! (and to think, i get it free) never again will i use it. i will stick to the bucket and sponge routine with a little elbow grease. Kenda[/quote] why do you say that? any reasons?

The soaps not as integral IMO. When I wash my car, I just hose my car down, then get two buckets (one clean, one for dirty water). I wash the car wish a car wash sponge, and clean it in the dirty bucket before going for clean soapy water again. The soap from the gun itself won't get rid of a lot of the stuff on your car. Actually hand washing makes a huge difference, esp. around the fenders and the wall of dead bugs. I then finish off with the PUR filtered water.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I use it for quick cleaning and it works well. I experimented a little and definitely got better results from a water spot perspective using their soap. The original filter only worked well the first 2 times I used it - the third was not so good. I think the replacement, which is good for 10 I think, might only last me 7 - I must rinse too much. But over-all, it's a good system. BTW, I have a black Legacy.

Archived