LegacyGT.com

Any 05+ LGT owners near Huntsville, Alabama?

spacejunkiehsv

I'm selling my 04 GTO 6 speed and am planning to get an 05+ LGT sedan with the 5EAT. I test drove a new 06 5EAT, and it felt a little slow. I later found out that just punching it isn't the quickest way to make a LGT with 5EAT accelerate. Anyway.... after a lot of researching I decided that stage 2 mods would probably give me a fairly equivalent power to weight ratio to what I have now. I would like to make sure of that though.

So, do any of you with stage 2 mods live near Huntsville, Alabama? If so, would you let me do some straight line acceleration in your car? I'll drive to your town. If I don't unload my car tomorrow from a guy who test drove it today, I'll GLADLY let you take a spin in my GTO.

decided to put wheels on the leggy instead of mods. It's the wife's car. We have a subaru meet sometime this month at the new shop here. Not sure if any of you know Robert, but he's got an awd, 2wd and motorcycle dyno here now. I'll let yall know when the meet is. Have you guys subcribe to the NASA website? (North Alabama Subaru Association)

I sold and delivered my GTO on Tuesday. So, I can't swap rides anymore, unless you want to take a spin in a full size, quad cab 2005 Tundra 4x4. :)

I've decided to buy a cheap little 4-banger economy car and pay it off in a few months, around a 96-98 Civic EX. That'll be my commuter car. I've calculated that it'll save me about $95 per month on gas, with current gas prices, $2.93 for regular. If it goes up more, it will save me even more. Then I'll be buying another nicer car for weekends. I'll probably end up getting something around January.

I saw that. I check the nasa site every couple of days to see what's going on. I think it averages approximately 3 posts a week :) I didn't know there were any other legacy's on the site though. Seems like mostly impreza's.

Last I saw was the BBQ mention/ meetup to check out the shop that's being opened in madison.

--james

decided to put wheels on the leggy instead of mods. It's the wife's car. We have a subaru meet sometime this month at the new shop here. Not sure if any of you know Robert, but he's got an awd, 2wd and motorcycle dyno here now. I'll let yall know when the meet is. Have you guys subcribe to the NASA website? (North Alabama Subaru Association)

Robert and Kahri went to tuning school this weekend. I"ll have to get with him to see when he's doing his grand opening. I know he's planning a dyno day up here. If yall are looking for a fully built STI, he's selling his. Has an FP red on it. I'm heavily thinking about trading my WRX for a Legacy GT. Damn wifey cna't drive a stick. I'd love to drive a modified LGT around town here and show those rednecks what's up. Spacejunkie have you check out Greyson Subaru yet in Knoxville. They have some incredible deals. Check this thread out.

http://legacygt.com/forums/cars-sale/40009-2006-legacy-gt-limited.html

Oh and our legacy has been in the shop for the past 3 weeks. NOthing mechanical just cosmetic. Can't believe it left the factory like it did. The welds on the A-Pilar and C-pilar were showing through the paint. There were staright lines though the black paint. So they had to reweld all 4 welds and repaint it. Sucks ass. But so far Madison Square has treated us really good compared to Tony Moore. Here's a pic of our LGT if u see it aorund town. Hopefully see other Legacy at the meet soon.

1861224374_59128559-M1.jpg.a8e886cf83e407a9d12b8cd0b84abfb3.jpg

Wow. I've seen a few posts regarding the quality of the paint. (not counting chips and what not, i mean horrible sprays fro mteh factory). Of course, I've also kept up with most of the other issues that have come up- (stutter,cooling fan) and haven't run into those, so hopefully I won't have any paint issues.

I bought my LGT out of state, but the guys I talked to at Madison Square were always very cool to me, even after they knew I had purchased a vehicle elsewhere.

Is your LGT Regal Blue Pearl? Thats what it looks like but I can't really tell for sure. Thats the same color that I've got, only difference is that I've cleared the headlights, and gone the DIY grille route.

--james

Oh and our legacy has been in the shop for the past 3 weeks. NOthing mechanical just cosmetic. Can't believe it left the factory like it did. The welds on the A-Pilar and C-pilar were showing through the paint. There were staright lines though the black paint. So they had to reweld all 4 welds and repaint it. Sucks ass. But so far Madison Square has treated us really good compared to Tony Moore. Here's a pic of our LGT if u see it aorund town. Hopefully see other Legacy at the meet soon.

when u going to clear out my headlights and the DIY grille? It's a black pearl

Heh. Finally got my rear springs on about 45 minutes ago. Tommorrow the HID's go on, and if I have time I'm going to reroute my boost gauge. If you need help with anything Legacy related give me a holla.

:D

--james

Heh. Finally got my rear springs on about 45 minutes ago. Tommorrow the HID's go on, and if I have time I'm going to reroute my boost gauge. If you need help with anything Legacy related give me a holla.

:D

--james

Might have to give you a holla when it cools down. I got a boost gauge for my wife's leggy have to put in. I have a WRX (TurboXS stage 3). If you need help with anything let me know also. Good friend of mine is the head technician at the Porsche dealership in town. Also I want to clear the headlights on the leggy and put in HID's. Woman can't see that good at night. I'll PM you my #.

Might have to give you a holla when it cools down. I got a boost gauge for my wife's leggy have to put in. I have a WRX (TurboXS stage 3). If you need help with anything let me know also. Good friend of mine is the head technician at the Porsche dealership in town. Also I want to clear the headlights on the leggy and put in HID's. Woman can't see that good at night. I'll PM you my #.

I put my XTEC HID's on sunday. They work pretty well. I haven't noticed any additonal glare, and the cutoff looks pretty much stock. The light quality is loads better though. Everythign looks much sharper, although that could be my imagination mixed with the harshness of the light.

The only real problem I've run into was the **@#%*@$% lower strut bolt when I was swapping rear springs. Man that thing sucked. I'll give you a call though if I run into anything.

Your wrx must haul ass. I'm dreaming of a sequential twin-turbo H6 in my legacy, but I don't see that happening. :(

--james

Archived