LegacyGT.com

Wife wants Leg to have OB ride height

krazyk1371

Can so one point me to the exact part numbers needed to lift a '05 Leg 2.5i to the ride height of the OB. I'm thinking that only springs are needed. I did a search on a Subie parts site and there are a bunch of different springs for the OB body.

[b'>leftride[/b] vbmenu_register("postmenu_703913", true); ]

hmmm...this sounds like a first.

i would think going to coilovers and setting them at the highest setting might get you higher that or buying an OB sedan.

I'm not trying to spend that much money. Hell I don't even have coilovers for my STI! Plus I don't like the added maintenance of a coilover system.

[b'>Flanders[/b] vbmenu_register("postmenu_703918", true); ]

You can probably get take offs from an outback driver that upgraded his uspension. Make a post in the Wanted forum.

I made a post awhile back but no bites. I guess that OB owners want to keep their stock parts.

[b'>Underdog[/b] vbmenu_register("postmenu_704001", true); ]

You should go on a vacation and take some pix. I bet you'll find what your looking for if you search for it!

What???

I've got left over struts & springs from the OB, only a couple thousand miles on them - how much are we talking here?

The price is completely up to you. I'm located in 92078 so please include that in your asking price. BTW what type of OB are they off of?

Too bad you don't live near me or I would be interested in a suspension trade! I don't know if it would work tho.

if you mean throwing a set of legacy struts/shocks onto your obxt, i "think" it was either PatagoniaGT or 03indigo that tried it and it was a no go. :icon_conf

Hey, OB 2.5i folks, it's a chance to fix your uber floaty and swap for much less floaty Legacy one.

I am just wondering why OP's wife wants it raised...

I am just wondering why OP's wife wants it raised...
She originally wanted a OB but they didn't have any on the lot at the time and they were giving us a really good deal on the Legacy. No isht the dealership only made $168 on the whole deal.

I had thought that the only difference between a Legacy suspension and the OB was the springs. I'm beginning to find out different.

if you mean throwing a set of legacy struts/shocks onto your obxt, i "think" it was either PatagoniaGT or 03indigo that tried it and it was a no go. :icon_conf

might have been 03indigo ... he had coilovers when I saw his car in November.

PGT has an LGT though, so it wasn't him.

She originally wanted a OB but they didn't have any on the lot at the time and they were giving us a really good deal on the Legacy. No isht the dealership only made $168 on the whole deal.

I had thought that the only difference between a Legacy suspension and the OB was the springs. I'm beginning to find out different.

Frankly, unless she intends to do light off-road duty, for the safety sake talk her out of this. To drive a floaty car like Outback on the road just for coolness factor is simply not smart.

hmmm...this sounds like a first.

i would think going to coilovers and setting them at the highest setting might get you higher that or buying an OB sedan.

It's not the first time it's been asked......

Soon after getting my LGT, my job situation changed, and I really needed more ground clearance (ready busted one radiator tank, and he plastic "skid plate" is long-since gone). An Outback woud have suited my work needs much better.

My questions on coilovers revealed that at least a couple of coilover kits are (1) stock height and (2) lower than stock height when set to their max high setting.

Ron

Thought about this over the weekend - I'd sell the package for $400 + $30 shipping, that's struts & springs from an '05 OBXT wagon with less than 2k miles on them.

I realize you're probably looking for a steal on this, but I'll need to revert the car to OB-ness when I resell so I have to consider some kind of replacement cost when that happens, maybe a few years.

I don't know if the swap would work, frankly. I can tell you I went with LGT struts & springs and it works just fine, so I don't see why the opposite wouldn't work for you.

All the same, I'll do a 15 day inspect period for you, if it doesn't fly just return within that time frame & I'll refund you, minus shipping. Obviously doesn't apply if damaged in any way, normal install scratches excluded.

Good luck whatever you decide.

might have been 03indigo ... he had coilovers when I saw his car in November.

PGT has an LGT though, so it wasn't him.

I sent Jon my LGT stockers and they don't clear the OBXT wheels (the front spring seat). I see no reason you couldn't take the OBXT suspension and buy the appropriate OBXT parts to install them (lift blocks, longer bumpstops, etc).

The other issue you will have is suspension angles. The rear shock/spring has to be compressed to fit in the max travel of an LGT rear. Also....'scoobydude' and I put Chucktoo's custom lengthened ZEAL's on his OBXT....same issue in the rear.

For the record...here's my LGT lifted on Jon's old Cusco coilovers (set to OBXT height, which was 2-3 inches lower than OBXT stock):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/DSC00089small.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/DSC00090small.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/DSC00093small.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/DSC00094small.jpg

Archived