Satellite Radio: XM vs. Sirius

cartman

XM or Sirius?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. XM or Sirius?

• XM
    • Sirius

There is no demand, that why there isn't any on hand to sell. :lol:

Maybe not in Brooklyn, but everywhere else. Sirius is gaining 2 new subscribers for Xm's 1. Not opinion, read up on it. Look at the stock reports. I used to listen to O&A when they were in NY a few years ago on WNEW. I loved them then, but found Opie to be a bit too angry for me. Anthony is the Sh**, and I am an aquaintence of Jim Norton personally.... This isn't a case of Stern vs. O&A, it's just reality.

Had Sirius for the last year...let it expire because I am pissed at the breakage in coverage vs. my old car.

My old car (05 Jeep Grand) had it built into the Navigation when I traded it for this car I put in SIRIUS the following weekend because I loved it. But the aftermarket radio reception and sound quality is far worse vs. the OEM intergrated unit.

I am going to install some stereo goodies soon and when i do I will likely hook it back up...but leaning toward getting XM because I want baseball and could give two shits about Stern he's annoying....

Does either broadcast Bob and Tom??? They are the best!

I've got both in my GT. The XM has a much better antenna.:)

It's not the antenna that's better... it's the network. XM's satellite and repeater infrastructure is significantly superior to Sirius's.

Why do you think Sirius still hasn't released a live portable receiver yet?

I have a sirius Sportster in my car, home etc. My car antenna went out, so I bought an XM antenna (direct fitment) because everything Sirius is sold out everywhere (I wonder why?). By the way, my reception with the XM antenna is no where near as good as it was with the Sirius. I would get a new Sirius antenna, but they're always sold out due to demand.

The antennas are not meant to be interchangeable between XM and Sirius. They are not tuned to receive signals across all 25 MHz of spectrum used by XM and Sirius.

Maybe not in Brooklyn, but everywhere else. Sirius is gaining 2 new subscribers for Xm's 1. Not opinion, read up on it. Look at the stock reports. I used to listen to O&A when they were in NY a few years ago on WNEW. I loved them then, but found Opie to be a bit too angry for me. Anthony is the Sh**, and I am an aquaintence of Jim Norton personally.... This isn't a case of Stern vs. O&A, it's just reality.

7 Million for XM compare to 6 million to Sirius subscribers, last I saw 7 million is better than 6 million. I did read up on it and the music's company law suit didn't help with the numbers. Btw are one of Jimmy's tranny? :lol:

with a rate Sirius is getting new subscriptions XM will be dead in 2 years.

Not likely. Sirius is just playing catch-up with the help of the Stern effect. In the long run both services will likely have about 50% market share each. XM has been crushing Sirius in net subscriber ads until recently, especialy considering that Sirius includes unactivated OEM radios sitting on car dealership lots, while XM only counts activated radios.

7 Million for XM compare to 6 million to Sirius subscribers, last I saw 7 million is better than 6 million. I did read up on it and the music's company law suit didn't help with the numbers. Btw are one of Jimmy's tranny? :lol:
Apparently you read as well as you write (Btw are one of Jimmy's tranny?)...I said that Sirius is gaining 2 subscribers for every one that XM is, not that they had more. You couldn't possible have read up on it because Sirius doesn't have 6M, they only have 4.6 as of the end of last quarter. However, they have grown from appx 600,000 at the beggining of 05.

Archived