LegacyGT.com

Lowered on H&R's

ONRAMP

Can't believe more people aren't going with these springs. These are fantastic. I didn't want a slammed look (S-Techs), didn't want to spend a fortune (Pinks), and coilovers are so overkill for me that I didn't even consider them. These drop the car perfectly, and the ride has barely suffered. Pitch and dive are almost non-existent, and body roll is lessened as well. Two thumbs up for H&R.:spin:

http://homepage.mac.com/genetteparsons/.Pictures/Chester

Oh, and don't let my wife now. She hasn't noticed them, and I obviously didn't tell her about them.:icon_wink

is that the "before" pic or is the drop really that unnoticable ??

That's the after pic. Park it next to a stock car and you can really tell. H&R's typically have a rake, so the rear didnt' drop as much as I expected, but I didn't want a big drop anyway. I can still clear my driveway, which is very important. I can definitely feel it in the handling, though.

I like it. Can you post a pic of the side non-angled?

Didn't get a straight on side shot before the battery died (just shot these after washing it this evening), but here's a different, slightly less angled shot.

http://homepage.mac.com/genetteparsons/.Pictures/Chester

I took a few more as well, just managed not to get the straight on shot. You can see the rest here

Thanks boss! Looks great! Where did you find the H&R springs?

I ordered them from Tire Rack and had them installed locally, then I had another shop do the alignment a couple of days later.

I think PDX Tuning carries them as well. There is a thread here somewhere that they started about them.

I have had them on my car for 8000 miles, and I think they are great for the money

If I recall correctly, they are around $290

Mike

Tire Rack lists them at $224 retail, which I think is pretty reasonable.

The H&R website lists MSRP as $369.:eek:

H&R is great

but i'd go with Tein H-techs (cheaper and just as good) unless you wanna get something GERMAN! :lol:

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

do you have any before and after comparison shots? they look great. how much is the drop?

Not only is this the first time I've washed my car, but also the first time I've taken any photos, so unfortunately no before pics. I wish I had them for comparison. H&R says 1.4" front and 1.3" rear, but it doesn't seem like that much to me. I've had them on for a few weeks, so they've had a chance to settle.

When I was spring shopping, I considered the Teins, both S and H, and decided the S-techs were too low, and the H-techs might not be low enough. I also thought about Pinks, but was concerned they would be too stiff, and they're pretty pricey. I've had a number of German cars prior to my Subaru, and through work was very familiar with H&R. I was also able to get them at dealer cost from Tire Rack, which saved me a few pennies.

I'm very happy with my decision. The only drawback to better springs is that the shortcomings of the dampers become more apparent. One of these days I'll spring for a set of Bilsteins or (if they ever come out) some Konis. And then I need brakes, and sway bars, and an AP, DP, UP and a...

Thanks for this post. I have H&Rs with Bilsteins on my old 2002Tii and love them. Obviously the LGT is a newer and completely different car and I haven't seen much about them on the boards so I'm glad to see what they look like and to hear how pleased you are with them. I think you've helped make another sell for H&R.

I rode in ONRAMP's car after the South Central GTG a few weeks ago. Compared to my wagon on Pinks it wasn't as harsh and seemed more buttoned down. Oh, no, not ANOTHER set of springs to think about:)

I rode in ONRAMP's car after the South Central GTG a few weeks ago. Compared to my wagon on Pinks it wasn't as harsh and seemed more buttoned down. Oh, no, not ANOTHER set of springs to think about:)

I was thinking about it afterwards, and I don't think H&R has a specific wagon application. You may be safe. For now.

I dunno, Tire Rack shows them as being available for a wagon.

I was going off H&R's site, which only lists one spring. Now that I check it again though, it lists it as a BL. Maybe I got wagon springs?

As for spring rates, H&R usually doesn't publish them. I've had people try to find them before, and no luck.

Tire rack used to list the H&R coilover 54426 for the LGT but now it's not listed anymore. Other vendors still list it.

The coilovers are still listed on the H&R website. I hadn't noticed that Tire Rack didn't list it anymore.

• 1 year later...

Archived