LegacyGT.com

Subaru Performance Kit

RezaLaleh

How much is it worth to you?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. How much is it worth to you?

• 2 weeks later...

Er...... :(

I really don't want to vote until I have at least a clue as to what particular set of parts are in-store for us....

After all - and I don't mean to either bring up a sore spot or to beat a dead horse - SOA also claimed such similar figures for the now-defunct "SPT Power Pack," which consists of the as-yet-to-be-proven-via-promised-dyno-sheets SPT Intake, and the Q/A-joke that was the previous-generation Bosal/SPT-collaboration cat-back exhaust system.

:(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The fact that you could do it with the peace of mind of not voiding your warranty would be priceless...

And although the cost of parts itself would probably be under $1500 - for a dealer installed package i'd say that $2k would be reasonable... and pretty inline with other performance packages from other manufacturers.

The fact that you could do it with the peace of mind of not voiding your warranty would be priceless....

^ True, but if it either leads to problems down-the-line (or heck, just out-of-the-box...witness the current debate on the SPT Intake and the known problems that members of our community had with the SPT Cat-Back), then that "peace of mind" really isn't any true comfort at all.

That's why I want some details. A claim of 40-50 wHP is all nice and well, but how will this be accomplished?

It's only after we get a more thorough idea of such that we - or at least myself :redface: - can say "hey, it's worth XXXX bucks." :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...
I would have to agree with TSi+WRX. The members of this board know what parts it takes to get that extra 40-50hp(gotta be crank), and it can only be done a few ways. We know which aftermarket and OEM parts to use, and which to stay away from. In this case, it'll have to be intake/exhaust related. I doubt very much you'll be able to get Subaru to warranty an ECU flash or piggyback. Also, in CA, it'll have to meet CARB(retaining cats) to get the Exemption Order. It takes alot of $$ to keep it legal(tailpipe AND visual). We are already getting high-end V6 power out of a flat4, an extra 40-50 crank HP with a warranty without an ECU flash would be REALLY expensive.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

• 2 weeks later...

Including the access port alone would be great. I would actually have been more interested in a suspension upgrade. Just got an 07 and the handling could be tightened up. I was just wondering why dealers don't find a way to bundle an aftermarket solution?

I was strongly considering an A3 with the S-Line package. They added a body kit, some badging and new springs for a couple grand. I would have gladly paid a similar amount for springs, struts and sway bars with a dealer/SOA honored warranty!

OK, I voted but I agree with TSi+WRX as well. Subaru has some serious face to save after the whole catback debacle. I haven't read much about the intake but it doesn't sound good either.

I've got Subie bucks (and real ones) to spend. Show us the GOODS!

Cheers!

-Ian

OK, I voted but I agree with TSi+WRX as well. Subaru has some serious face to save after the whole catback debacle. I haven't read much about the intake but it doesn't sound good either.

I've got Subie bucks (and real ones) to spend. Show us the GOODS!

Cheers!

-Ian

Check with local dealer. I used my suby buck and got whiteline F&R adj. swaybars, a katboy short throw shifter & front bushing, a t-shirt and key chain:icon_bigg .

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I think this is a great idea. A S2 kit using proven tuning products would definitely be worth the cost especially with the peace of mind that the warranty will not be voided.

With that being said, would SM Subaru ever consider providing non-warranty voiding installs if the product is "approved" by the dealership? I think that would be a nice option.

Moving back to SoCal soon! Excited and pumped.

I heard that the reason they keep the LGT at 250 is that any more and it would be considered a sports car by whoever does the considering. Any truth to this?

sports car? maybe sport sedan. Corvettes, S200, 911, etc. are sports cars

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived