LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT Limited to 2006 Mazdaspeed 6

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HKS coilovers and AVO panel filter = 'heavily modified'?? :lol: Come on now...it was a nice ride, but I'd call it 'barely modified' compared to what others have done. ;)

Hahaha! PAT...! You are just mad that you didn't take me up on the offer to sell them to you when I did!:lol:

Next time you are in Richmond, I will take u for a spin.

B4

I helped install them on Chris's car man!! Besides...I ended up buying Cusco Zero 2's for less ;):lol:

We are doing a drive this Sat...got time to come up Patrick? Out to Luray and then to Front Royal for burgers.

I helped install them on Chris's car man!! Besides...I ended up buying Cusco Zero 2's for less ;):lol:

We are doing a drive this Sat...got time to come up Patrick? Out to Luray and then to Front Royal for burgers.

Would love too! I will let you know if I can.

B4

Congrats on the new ride, but I gotta be another one to say WTF?

I literally left the Mazda dealership...drove 1/4 mile to the Suby dealer and drove the LGT. While there were certain things I liked about the Mazda, fit and finish was not anyhting that stood out for me. In fact, the quality of the LGTs interior materials far out weighed the Mazda. The LGT ride was considerably more comfortable and didn't have that heavy pounding on bumps like the Mazda. Performance was similar between the two...or so it felt, but the Mazda didn't have an automatic. I ended up going with the automatic, but only because I chose the Suby. The Mazda did have the "intelligent key" though. All of that being said...I'll push my unlock button and fly instead of "zooming".

Congrats on your new ride....

Taste and A$$ everyone has its own.. hehehehehehe

I wish you all the luck and happiness with it, and hopefully the mod world gets to your ride soon enough....

Enjoy it!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I agree with you on the exhaust, but I can live with it.

For those you that don't know the MS6's exhaust are tiny pee shooter pipes with plastic trim piece on the bumper. No offense but it's pretty lame.

I don't think it's fair to compare the a standard USDM Legacy GT to the Mazdaspeed. Because it is not a comparison of equels. When I do make a compariosn it would be with the Spec. B trim.

I agree, it's not fair to the Speed6 Sport. :) I was deciding between the MS6 Sport and the LGT and test drove both. I like both the exterior and interior styling of the Speed6 but it's curious that you actually think the MS6 Sport has better quality interior. The el-cheapo interior plastic in the Sport was what made my decision to get the LGT. That and I can't stand the clutch in the Speed6.

I think '07 Spec B and Speed6 GT is a good comparison, but not the Speed6 Sport. The MSRP of Speed6 GT with Nav and Moonroof is $33.5k against the Spec B's $34.6k. The equipment list is actually very comparable now the Spec B comes with the 6-spd and traction control but still no HID thou.

The Speed6 Sport would have been a good comparison for the non-limited LGT but Subaru in all its wisdom decided to stop making those. In the end I got the LGT for $24.6k and the Mazda dealers won't come down from $26.5k for the Sport. I have heard there are better deals to be had for the Speed6 now...

No, the stock USDM LGT in its stock trim is not as capable of a vehical as the MS6.

From my personal experience with my LGT and after 4 to 5k in mods, I am much happier with the MS6.

I think you should quantify the "capable" in that statement. By all accounts the LGT is just as fast as the Speed6 in the straight so I don't think that's what you are saying. From my test drives I do think the Speed6's chassis is stiffer and the suspension is better sorted out for performance oriented driving. In stock form the Speed6 does give the driver more feedback and confidence than LGT. Regardless of others opinons, in the end it's what makes you happy so congrats on your new purchase. :icon_cool

I haven't explored it too much. I have found a few tecnical forums, mainly because I wanted to read more about the engine. There are a couple out there, kind of like how this forum started in the beguining. (Yes, I have been around that long) but the car doesn't not have that large of a market share, and what is there is for the regular Mazda 6.

Which is to be expected. This car is not selling like hot cakes, hence all the discounts I recived before taking it home.

The few parts that I have found have not been worth the price of purchase to me. The stock car is just fine.

B4

If you haven't found it yet, check out Mazda6 / Atenza (Powered by Invision Power Board). There is a area for MazdaSpeed and there are some discussions there about available aftermarket support. The aftermarket for the Speed6 is pathetic compare to the LGT. We are just spoiled by the WRX/STI market. The good thing for the Speed6 is that the MSZ engine is also used in the CX-7 and upcoming Speed3 so hopefully there will be enough interest to get the aftermarket vendors going. But I have heard the direct injection system is going to make tuning difficult.

HKS coilovers and AVO panel filter = 'heavily modified'?? :lol: Come on now...it was a nice ride, but I'd call it 'barely modified' compared to what others have done. ;)

this is 4-5k in mods:icon_conf :confused::icon_conf

I have a bridge I would like to sell you, please pm me for details!

Good Luck with the new wheels!

Well it's an interesting comparison to say the least. It's like the STi vs Evo debate almost. :lol:

All Subaru really needs to do is to give the Spec B a little more power and have the guts to put a decent set of springs on the car stock. The springs need to be stiffer to control the roll better.

I was considering the Mazda but when I read reviews that all stated the 6 was harsh on the freeway I went for the Spec. My bad for not test drving it though but I got a sweet deal on my "used" Spec. I was more looking for a sports sedan with good touring ability trather than a sports car with 4 doors.

Well it's an interesting comparison to say the least. It's like the STi vs Evo debate almost. :lol:

All Subaru really needs to do is to give the Spec B a little more power and have the guts to put a decent set of springs on the car stock. The springs need to be stiffer to control the roll better.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

That's one reason why I started this thread.

Yeah, so far no boost issues.

B4

B4,

Where can I get articles on this "Power Loss" that you have mentioned. My neighbor has been complaining about it and I just figured he was getting used to the power.

I want him to get this addressed if necessary.

B4,

Where can I get articles on this "Power Loss" that you have mentioned. My neighbor has been complaining about it and I just figured he was getting used to the power.

Here you go.

Mazdaspeed 6 Intermittent Lack of Power Concern Fix Available - Mazda6 / Atenza

B4,

Funny you should mention it. I called the dealership today, and I set an appointment for a PCM re-flash for tommorow morning.

Mazda just issued a recall for the car last week. People should be getting a letter in the mail soon. But, if they want to take care of their "issues" early they can call their local Mazda dealer.

The re-flash is supposed to adress numerous turbo related issues, smooth out the acceleration and fix the supposed "twitchy clutch engangement" into first.

I will get a break down tommorow after the flash, I will get them to print out all the fixes. There was a grocery list of issues though.....oh well.

Tell your friend to check here, I am still reading up on the car myself.

Mazdaspeed 6

B4

Archived