LegacyGT.com

is anyone using factory boost, oil and voltage gauges?

After picking my car up from the dealer, the salesman, who is a good friend of mine tells me that they offer a boost, oil pressure and voltage gauge pack to fit in the cubby hole on the dash. The gauges are pricey, but it might be worth the coin to have something the dealer will warrenty.

Are there any alt. to this? Any aftermarket packs out there? Searching didnt yeild anything useful.

Brian

The gauges are pricey, but it might be worth the coin to have something the dealer will warrenty.

^ You said it all, right there. :)

As for aftermarket?

There are plenty of alternatives for cubby replacement, including the very popular "CubbyPods," but nothing will get you a 3-in-a-row setup. Most of the popular and/or quality gauges are too big to fit there in that trio-side-by-side format.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I have the gauges -- dealer gave me 20% off of list, and I installed them myself. If you've got a couple of hours spare time, you can install these no problem.

There are quite a few threads about these gauges, try seaching "sti gauge pack" or just "sti gauges".

Personally, I love the OEM integration. The gauges are qaulity DEFI units, and they look like are "supposed" to be there. There are cheaper options, but I was willing to pay a premium for these, and so far haven't regretted it.

I'd love to have the utility of those gauges from time to time but not at the expense of the NAV. I wonder if the NAV/INFO system could be reprogramable to display boost, etc.

+1

That woud be perfect!!

I have the gauges -- dealer gave me 20% off of list, and I installed them myself. If you've got a couple of hours spare time, you can install these no problem.

There are quite a few threads about these gauges, try seaching "sti gauge pack" or just "sti gauges".

Personally, I love the OEM integration. The gauges are qaulity DEFI units, and they look like are "supposed" to be there. There are cheaper options, but I was willing to pay a premium for these, and so far haven't regretted it.

do you have any clean pics of what they look like. all the pics i have seen are crappy, or the people dont know how to take pics.

thanks

i think those are the ones they quoted me on, 775 for the gauges, and 200 for install.

Sounds like he's not much of a friend:

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=4061

I've purchased parts from them in the past and they've been great. I reeeaallly want those gauges as well, but I believe the readouts are in celsius for temp and bar for pressure. Maybe someone else can confirm. I'd like fahrenheit and psi.

Here's a crappy pic: http://subaruproparts.com/images/stiperfgaugepacklegacy.jpg

Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

^---- That's a pretty good price for those, especially if shipping is reasonable. I paid $620 + tax from the dealer down the street from my apt.

The non-STi Defi DIN gauge retails at around $500, but I'm pretty sure you don't get any kind of bezel and you would probably need to find mounting hardware. So, an extra $100 for a factory fit (bezel + hardware) and a factory warranty -- not to mention the pretty little STi logo ;) -- was worth it to me. As much as I like them though, ~$1000 installed is pretty out there.

If your friend can't give you a substantial price break, order online and DIY!

^---- That's a pretty good price for those, especially if shipping is reasonable. I paid $620 + tax from the dealer down the street from my apt.

The non-STi Defi DIN gauge retails at around $500, but I'm pretty sure you don't get any kind of bezel and you would probably need to find mounting hardware. So, an extra $100 for a factory fit (bezel + hardware) and a factory warranty -- not to mention the pretty little STi logo ;) -- was worth it to me. As much as I like them though, ~$1000 installed is pretty out there.

If your friend can't give you a substantial price break, order online and DIY!

Yeah, I've seen them as low as $604 online. I've pretty much decided that they will be in my car at some point. There is just no way to get that stock look plus three gauges going aftermarket. Heck, there are several brands of aftermarket that are more expensive even.

Are the values on yours in Celsius and kPa?

Experience is something you don't get until right after you needed it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Does the 05-07 Legacy GT use the same oil filter as a 02 WRX? The reason I ask is I want to install this gauge pack on my WRX swapped Impreza L, but Im not sure if that oil temp/pressure sensor would fit on the 02 WRX engine. If it doesnt fit what other options do I have?

Archived