LegacyGT.com

Is there any way to change the HVAC display to Celcius

zuczek

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to change the HVAC display from Farenheit to Celcius? I don't have the car yet but I'm wondering if it's a simple process or the display needs to be changed.

Thanks

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to change the HVAC display from Farenheit to Celcius? I don't have the car yet but I'm wondering if it's a simple process or the display needs to be changed.

Thanks

Buy the car in Canada! It comes that way :)

Gotta be a 'secret code' for this, like the seatbelt chime disable, right? It would be silly to have to purchase a different display unit...

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

if you are in canada i dont see the issue :icon_conf

are you importing an american car?

Duh! heh!

You seem to be a good candidate for the the 2007->2005 headunit swap. Not only do you get the AUX-IN, but you get temperature in SI units!

Unfortunately...it's not a matter of switching a switch. It's a matter of purchasing another (metric spec) display unit.

Sigh...two part numbers instead of a dual-purpose display; such a waste.

Exactly!!!

Sucks....

Even GM's, Fords, they all allow you to change to Metric x US anytime....

Another shame on you SoA!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I'd love to get my metric Canadian car to read out in MPG instead of the lame-o "11.2 litres/100 KM's" style of economy measurements that we all are forced to use up here...

Wanna swap? I will happily swap to not read those lame MPG...

Also... if anyone knows how to swap the headunit to read in C instead of F.

So it's clear that the trip carputer can't be switched, because the display is different.

But I find it hard to believe that stereo/ACC unit cannot be switched. I guess I need to remove it from the car and look for some switch or jumper.

Can anyone from Canada find the part # for the headunit? I need to search the forum maybe there is the part # for USDM one. If not it should be on the headunit itself, or a dealer should be able to tell.

I really don't get it... Subaru decides to put the same engine block in multiple cars (Legacy, WRX, STI, Forrester) to share parts, but would come up with different part # for stereo or trip carputer.

Archived