LegacyGT.com

D@$#IT. Bad Door Ding...

No horror stories as to how it happened. Just saw it while at a mall parking lot.

DING Pic 1

DING Pic 2

Anyone have any door ding recommendations in the DC/Northern VA? The location of the ding scares me because it's right on the crease.

My biggest fear: Once the ding is popped out, will the crease be restored?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My brother had one of those places around here look at his car once that had a ding right on the crease just like yours. They said they could not get it out but, it was more because of the size (about 3 times bigger than yours) than the fact it was on the crease. Talk to a couple of different places before you decide. I would really like to know how they dinged it in that spot, F#@KIN B@STARDS. Hope it works out.

Mine got dinged on the crease on the rear quarter. A GOOD PDR guy will be able to fix it, no problem. Look for someone that has been doing it for years. Call a BMW or Mercedes service department and ask them who does their PDR work. Mine...can't see it. $Sixty, 20 minutes. A good guy is magic. Ask to watch...it is fascinating.
It is still ugly.

people just suck. Why can't the @$$holes respect other peoples property. I wouldn't think of banging my door in to anyones. I don't buy the "it was an accident" thing either. Pay attention to what the **** you are doing.

Sorry...I feel better now

That made me feel better too.

It is still ugly.

people just suck. Why can't the @$$holes respect other peoples property. I wouldn't think of banging my door in to anyones. I don't buy the "it was an accident" thing either. Pay attention to what the **** you are doing.

Sorry...I feel better now

+ 11ty billion :icon_mad:

I once read a thread on the NICO site about a young guy living with his mother in some kind of covenant governed housing developement. The neighbors were enforcing action because the NICO member was always wrenching on cars in the driveway on weekends and had stored a car on jacks in the front driveway. He thought the neighbors were being a$$holes. They weren't. They were living by the terms of the considered deal they entered into.

Persons' actions and perspectives are all relative. Hence, we have law which, unless people live by the spirit of, is always too little too late.

You know... if people want to park in the far corner of the parking lot to avoid door dings... well, I am all for that.

However, today, I just saw the funniest thing.

I went to Costco in Bellevue and spied a Ferrari 360 in the far corner. I parked the minivan next to the entrance and walked over to the car with my son because we just had to check out the cool engine under the transparent cover. Lo and behold there was an AMG 2 seater in the corner and the Ferrari was next to it! ... And right next to the Ferrari? A Honda Civic!! It was inches from the Ferrari. I mean his tire was over the white line. What an ass!!! There was plenty of parking so there was no need to do this. The Ferrari and AMG were perfectly centered in their spots so it wasn't like they were hogging two spots.

Some people are just like that...

You know... if people want to park in the far corner of the parking lot to avoid door dings... well, I am all for that.

However, today, I just saw the funniest thing.

I went to Costco in Bellevue and spied a Ferrari 360 in the far corner. I parked the minivan next to the entrance and walked over to the car with my son because we just had to check out the cool engine under the transparent cover. Lo and behold there was an AMG 2 seater in the corner and the Ferrari was next to it! ... And right next to the Ferrari? A Honda Civic!! It was inches from the Ferrari. I mean his tire was over the white line. What an ass!!! There was plenty of parking so there was no need to do this. The Ferrari and AMG were perfectly centered in their spots so it wasn't like they were hogging two spots.

Some people are just like that...

Yes, because of that my latest parking technique I just invented is:

PARK FAR AWAY taking up TWO parking spots! :lol:

That pisses some people off and could make your car a target for keying. Once upon a time I lived in an apartment complex that had a new problem with too many cars for the parking spots available. I traded my car with my buddy for his pick up truck so I could move from that damn place. I got back too late to sign the bloody thing in a get a parking pass for the evening so somebody took it upon themsleves to slit to the expensive tires of my friends 4x4 to teach me a lesson. I paid rent for a spot and some very smart know it all punk thought they'd teach me lesson by vandalizing the vehicle. He thought he was delivering justice when all he did was vandalize his neighbor. I put a big note up about it in the lobby with my phone #. Do you think anyone owned up? No effing way and I didn't expect it either. I just wanted to let the clever punk realize that the justice he meted out was in fact ignorant non-thinking that would be visited upon him at sometime in the future because that's what happened to me that night.

People think they're so damn smart. Well, they ain't. Look at who occupies the White House. Now, how smart is that?

That happened to my ride while I was sitting in it. I dinged two headlights, two tail lights and two side mirrors of the Jeep Cherokee that did it with an aluminum tee ball "tire checker".

+1:icon_bigg

That pisses some people off and could make your car a target for keying. Once upon a time I lived in an apartment complex that had a new problem with too many cars for the parking spots available. I traded my car with my buddy for his pick up truck so I could move from that damn place. I got back too late to sign the bloody thing in a get a parking pass for the evening so somebody took it upon themsleves to slit to the expensive tires of my friends 4x4 to teach me a lesson. I paid rent for a spot and some very smart know it all punk thought they'd teach me lesson by vandalizing the vehicle. He thought he was delivering justice when all he did was vandalize his neighbor. I put a big note up about it in the lobby with my phone #. Do you think anyone owned up? No effing way and I didn't expect it either. I just wanted to let the clever punk realize that the justice he meted out was in fact ignorant non-thinking that would be visited upon him at sometime in the future because that's what happened to me that night.

People think they're so damn smart. Well, they ain't. Look at who occupies the White House. Now, how smart is that?

Not just an example of how some people just suck, an example of how someone stupid just sucks and he gets to tell us what to do.

Lots of people clearly do suck and carelessly open their door into our cars and give us dings. I have noticed though that A LOT of door dings come from little kids. They just open the door and push (or kick) it all the way open every time they get out of their moms car regardless of what is next to them. Its so aggrivating because you can't do anything ...

Call me crazy, but when I have my kids in the car I don't park close enough to anyone where they could do damage. If I can't find a spot with enough room, I will point out to the kids that they are close to another car and to be careful and wait for me to come around.

Sorry to be so black and white here, but I believe it's all about taking responsibility for your own (and your kids) actions. Maybe it's just righteous indignation, but it seems like no one takes responsibility anymore.

UPDATE: Looks like the dent location is in the worst possible area. It's located in front of a frame and the because of how far into the door it is, it looks like paintless is close to out of the question.

Made an appointment through Geico to have an Auto Body place take a look. This freaking sucks.

Sorry about the damage to your LGT...

I was at the supermarket yesterday, as i was walking back to my car i had all my grocerys plus a case of beer...I normally park in BFE to avoid other cars and potential door dings...

As i'm walking back, i look past the row of cars to finally see my car in the distance and WHAT THE HELL...there is a shopping cart doing a B-Line right for my Car! No other car next the me, the closest car was 15 spots away...this thing was creeping closer and closer. It was at the perfect angle to Ding & Scrape my car....

I didn't know what to do, drop my groceries and run? drop the beer?? Do a quick walk so not to look like a dork protecting his car...what to do what to do...

I gathered myself....i put my groceries down, kept the beer close, did the long stride quick walk and saved my car from sure destruction!

:confused: People just need to practice common respect for other peoples property, space and feelings....its not that hard!

~Sucka-Duck~

I don't take up 2 spots, but I do park far away. I like the exetcise as well. And, yes, people do suck.

Archived