LegacyGT.com

Quality HID kit

Th3Franz

Ok so after my 4th halogen bulb burning out on my car, I think I'm going to buy an HID kit. I want a quality kit with bulbs that don't die after a year and also a company that knows the temperatures of their bulbs and actually have quality control if they deviate too far from the rated temperature. I'm thinking 4300K to 5000K.

Xtec or Philips (XenonDepot kit) come to mind. Have people had good experiences with both? The lifetime warranty on the Xtec kit sounds good, as long as the vendor provides proper support for it. I have never dealt with RPM yet, so I'm looking for people's experiences here. Thanks.

i went with the xentronic kit 8000k...they are damn good...check them out i have people all the time flashin me cause they are BRIGHT!!!

GLARE is the reason people are flashing you. Since you've chosen to put an HID capsule into a housing designed for a halogen bulb, you've created new problems and exaggerated existing ones in your light output. At least aim your headlights lower before you cause an accident.

xtech user here. I have the 5K ones. Their kit is erally well made, and if you have any problems it has a lifetime warranty.

RPM is also awesome as a vendor.

X

---

GLARE is the reason people are flashing you. Since you've chosen to put an HID capsule into a housing designed for a halogen bulb, you've created new problems and exaggerated existing ones in your light output. At least aim your headlights lower before you cause an accident.

You can help alleviate glare with the stock projectors by taking your headlights apart, then dissasembling the projector itself and filling in the small rectangle on the cutoff shield. I did this when "clearing" my headlights.

-Mike-

Well I think I may be having a slight problem with one of my ballasts. I just got a fixit ticket for one headlight being out. It has happened once or twice before that one does not turn on right away. I was literally one block from my house, and the cop stopped me. While he was writing the fixit ticket I kept turning on and off the lights, and it came back on, but unfortunately he had written the ticket already.

Oh well, now I have to go by the precint and have them write it off.

X

---

Archived