LegacyGT.com

Be Careful with Stevens Creek Subaru - Warning

pengrus

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I test drove there(Stevens Creek) before I bought the last LGT 5MT Wagon in NorCal from a different dealer in January 06. Very similar experience to the rant above. In fact, wife was so pissed, she almost said no the the whole LGT thing and was looking at Lexus SUV's. Found the wagon I have now on the intraweb, drove 2+ hours each way to get it.

Stevens Creek FTMFigot4kidsbullshitL

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

As much as we dislike Stevens Creek, they were 11th in the Nation for Subaru's. 985 sold. Take a look at this document.

2 CT dealers on that list, the one that came in 49th i don't think was even open a full year for 06!!! i bought mine used from mitchell subaru in avon. great sales staff. horrible service dept! go there to buy, go somewhere else......anywhere else for service!

I think the real problem with stevens creek is that everyone in the south bay has grown acusome with their sh!t. When I was looking at the Baja in 04 I went to just about every dealiership on stevens creek and all had the same crap. And believe it or not there was one that was worse than the subaru dealiership. Mitsubushi. Take what happened in that rant and have them put in a room and them blocking the door. I had to just about push my way out of the room, let alone the dealiership. But Honda, Toyota, lexus, Audi, etc... I had extreamly simular experiances at each. And they tend to have a large inventory so you can find what you are looking for normally and people don't realize that they can go to a better dealiership and they can do a dealier trade and you get what you want and get the service you deserive.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

i had a stellar experience with steven's creek a couple months ago. i haggled a suitable quote over the phone on a car they had in stock, rented a car a week later, drove to the dealership, headed straight to the manager's office, haggled them some more to drop the price to a too good to be true must purchase now figure, shook their hand with satisfaction, and away i went. the experience was nothing like i was expecting after reading all of those i-clubber threads.

everyone at the dealership i talked to treated me with respect, dignity, and were commited to get me exactly what i wanted, at a price i couldn't pass up. the over the phone quote was lower than my local dealer (they were going to dealer trade with steven's creek to get this car) so i was holding steven's creek to their word. not only did they keep their verbal quote, they significantly beat it, a week after the agreed price!

i have purchased many a new car in my day, and this was one of those, "why couldn't all car buying experiences be this easy and rewarding?"

btw, i dealt on a car a few years ago at the number one subaru dealership in the nation on that list, carr subaru in beaverton, oregon. my wife and i ended up storming out of the office with the salesman cursing at us. i found out later that they had lost two other sells because of the tirade and the salesman was fired on the spot. their internet sales department is top notch, though, hence the sales figures.

i'm sorry to hear more and more disappointing experiences with a dealership i'm so impressed with. maybe i went to the steven's creek subaru of another time and dimensional plane? or maybe i was expecting the worst, and was so pleasantly surprised, i'm saying this stuff in complete shock and disbelief. whatever it is, buying a new car is a crap shoot anywhere. box of chocolates...yada yada yada....

i had a stellar experience with steven's creek a couple months ago. i haggled a suitable quote over the phone on a car they had in stock, rented a car a week later, drove to the dealership, headed straight to the manager's office, haggled them some more to drop the price to a too good to be true must purchase now figure, shook their hand with satisfaction, and away i went. the experience was nothing like i was expecting after reading all of those i-clubber threads.

everyone at the dealership i talked to treated me with respect, dignity, and were commited to get me exactly what i wanted, at a price i couldn't pass up. the over the phone quote was lower than my local dealer (they were going to dealer trade with steven's creek to get this car) so i was holding steven's creek to their word. not only did they keep their verbal quote, they significantly beat it, a week after the agreed price!

i have purchased many a new car in my day, and this was one of those, "why couldn't all car buying experiences be this easy and rewarding?"

btw, i dealt on a car a few years ago at the number one subaru dealership in the nation on that list, carr subaru in beaverton, oregon. my wife and i ended up storming out of the office with the salesman cursing at us. i found out later that they had lost two other sells because of the tirade and the salesman was fired on the spot. their internet sales department is top notch, though, hence the sales figures.

i'm sorry to hear more and more disappointing experiences with a dealership i'm so impressed with. maybe i went to the steven's creek subaru of another time and dimensional plane? or maybe i was expecting the worst, and was so pleasantly surprised, i'm saying this stuff in complete shock and disbelief. whatever it is, buying a new car is a crap shoot anywhere. box of chocolates...yada yada yada....

Glad you feel that you ended up on top there. Your +1, along with everyone elses -1's , gives them a -999,999. You had that one in a million deal!!!!

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

i test drove at stevens creek but bought in livermore. The only bad thing I can say about SCS is the they told me they don't have any equipment to do alignments, which I passed off as poor service dept. or BS. Either way not taking my ride to them ever and they are my closest service dept.

I didn't have a bad experience with any of the sales people becuase I was prepaired and researched the numbers to put me in control. I looked to haggle on a new '05 in the summer of '06 at SCS. Whipped out my computer and print outs on why he should sell the ca to me for a number when comparing to new '06's with dealers inscentives. He flat told me this was not the car for me b/c he couldn't go that low and I was too informed to be told otherwise (some sucker ended up with it instead). I thanked him and went on my way. Was done in 5 min.

Internet sales or fleet sale manger is the way to go these days. That way the price is agreed upon when you show up to pick up the car...if it changes leave.

If you insist buying on the floor from some part time salesman....do your research and learn to haggle properly. carbuyingtips.com can show you how to get it done the old school way.

i went to carlsen's no haggling, no bs

Ditto, Alan @ Carlsen.

I stopped by Stevens Creek first, typical car buying experience, run around, fast talking, etc... got tired of it, drove over to Carlsen.

They got my business... 1hr. from walking on the lot to signing for the car.

No BS. No haggling.

i went there to go get a test drive and i didnt get anything from them except a hard time. all they did was pressure me for a car i didnt even want. i say you can go to any other subaru dealer in norcal. i went to livermore and it was no pressure situation. it was worth the drive.

first of all, i hate them mself. but this past weekend it was actually an okay experience. I was there to check out the LGT with my fiancee few guys came up and asked if we needed help, I said no, and they backed away quitely...

they had the spec B in the show room and I wanted to see the limited instead. the sales guy was pretty nice about getting the keys and let us play around with the car. after that, he asked if I wanted to go for a test drive, I said no, then he backed away. We left without having to deal with much of their BS, this, I was surprised...

they had the spec B in the show room and I wanted to see the limited instead.

:lol::lol:

Thats the lame one they tried to sell me. And according to the salesman pressure he can "Sit on those cars all day long". Hope he likes it because its been about 2 month and they still haven't sold 1 of their 3 spec.b

i think your daily drivers/car owners don't know/care much about spec B so they rather go with something else. those that like/know/care about spec B know how crappy Stevens Creek Subaru is through forums like this one, and won't buy from them.

:lol::lol:

Thats the lame one they tried to sell me. And according to the salesman pressure he can "Sit on those cars all day long". Hope he likes it because its been about 2 month and they still haven't sold 1 of their 3 spec.b

i think your daily drivers/car owners don't know/care much about spec B so they rather go with something else. those that like/know/care about spec B know how crappy Stevens Creek Subaru is through forums like this one, and won't buy from them.

I got mine from them... :hide:

Actually my experience was sort of okay, I guess that's because I've done all my homework, and prepared myself after reading all the stories on different Subie forums.

Actually my experience was sort of okay, I guess that's because I've done all my homework, and prepared myself after reading all the stories on different Subie forums.

Yup, me too. For the same reasons you cite.:hide:

They had the only ABP/black 5mt sedan in NorCal without a spoiler. I contacted their internet department, and got a quote. I called them, and they as they were looking at my info, they said that the quote was wrong. They lowered it by $200 (because they saw that I was from out of town, I think).

About a week later, I contacted Mike, gave him my credit card # for a deposit, and told him that I would be down the following Wednesday to pick it up. No pain, no drama. The finance guy didn't even cry when I didn't buy paint sealant or an extended warranty.

Yeah, the dealership is a $hithole, and I wouldn't trust their service department with my 1990 Honduh.

-- Steve

hahah... I am on my thrid subaru now... but sad to say, I got my first subaru from them as well.... :hide:

Leo

Roseville Automall Subaru dealership have great service and superb prices, I know a few guys that work there. 2 are my close friends.

Also Auburn Miata SUbaru dealership is great. I alsways get huge discounts from them. bought my SPT intake for 90 dollars brand new from them lol.

I can't speak for other dealers, but I work as a finance manager at Autowest Mazda Subaru in Roseville I used to be the fleet manager. I have been reading this thread for a while and have not chimed in, because I don't want to advertise for personal gain. I don't sell cars for a living anymore. I just want everyone here to know that if they need a no hassle experience give me a call and leave me a message. 9167462057. I'm an enthusiast and I hate these stories and I feel your frustration, because the car business is full of jackasses. If you have a bad experience with me I encourage you to post your complaints here. If all you need is information, that's fine too.

I can't speak for other dealers, but I work as a finance manager at Autowest Mazda Subaru in Roseville I used to be the fleet manager. I have been reading this thread for a while and have not chimed in, because I don't want to advertise for personal gain. I don't sell cars for a living anymore. I just want everyone here to know that if they need a no hassle experience give me a call and leave me a message. 9167462057. I'm an enthusiast and I hate these stories and I feel your frustration, because the car business is full of jackasses. If you have a bad experience with me I encourage you to post your complaints here. If all you need is information, that's fine too.

I went to Steven's Creek cuz they were the only one that had the Spec.B at the time. Should've went north to Roseville and most likely got a better price and finance. I guess I just couldn't wait.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a VERY interesting thread to me. I don't have a Subaru, but have pretty much decided that I will get one this summer when I get back to the US (I'm military stationed in Korea right now). I'm leaning very heavily towards an Outback 2.5i wagon or an Outback Basic wagon in silver or white, most likely with a manual, but I'd have to drive both the manual and automatic to see which one I like better.

This is very interesting to me because I'll be in CA for about 10 days before heading off for my next assignment, and would be looking primarily in the south bay area...I'll be in Monterey, but the selection of cars in Monterey is pretty thin, and Santa Cruz only has automatics...I want to be able to drive both back to back before deciding.

I was planning on heading to Stevens Creek...they seemed to have the best selection, although after reading this thread, I checked Carlsen's website, and they have some that fit what I'm looking for. I have already been in contact with Mike (the internet guy) at Stevens Creek, and he seemed to be very helpful...very quick replies to e-mails, not pushy at all, and has offered what seems to be a good price on an Outback Basic manual ($19,250...$3370 off MSRP). Granted, I'd need to add a few accessories that come standard on the regular outback but cost extra on the Basic, but that still doesn't add up to $3370 off MSRP.

I guess I'm in a different situation than most...I appreciate good customer service and I hate pushy salespeople (I've walked out of dealerships because of pushy/obnoxious/misinformed salespeople), but because I'm only doing a purchase, it really does come down to price for me. I've been doing my research, and I'm almost armed well enough to deal with pretty much any dealership....I know what my trade is worth, I know pretty much what I want (just gotta see the Basic and Outback side by side and drive both a manual and auto before I make up my mind), and I'm gathering info on what a fair price should be on it.

I'm willing to deal with Mike at Stevens Creek...in the e-mails, he seems like a decent guy and my impression is backed up here by others that have dealt with him. But I think I'll drop a note to Carlsen and see what comes back.

Oh and my response to salesmen that give me lines like "what can we do to get you in a car today?" I walk towards my car and tell them that they did just get me in a car...my own. That line alone would make me walk away from any dealership, no matter the deal.

Archived