LegacyGT.com

Mazdaspeed 3 Review and Pricing

it will be a bad ass hatch!!! FWD is a downside, but according to this article, and others, the car will not be a torque steer monster... and it will outhandle and outbrake anything in its (and a lot of other) class. :dm:

my brother in law will get one. in stg2 LGT wagon we trust! :icon_wink

ps. take it with a grain of salt, but some japanese magazines said that it outhandles the mini s!!! (no link, sorry).

Looks a lot better than that pig from Dodge, the SRT-4 Cobalt...

Still don't understand why they've both gone to 5-door hatches from the sedan's, though?

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

Looks a lot better than that pig from Dodge, the SRT-4 Cobalt...

...um, I think you wanted to type Caliber, Chevy has the Cobalt SS.

Still don't understand why they've both gone to 5-door hatches from the sedan's, though?

'Cause wagons friggen rock that's why!

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

...um, I think you wanted to type Caliber, Chevy has the Cobalt SS.

...umm, that's what I meant! Was at the end of a long day of work...

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

...umm, that's what I meant! Was at the end of a long day of work...

It's cool. On a side note the Cobalt SS is actually a fairly badass road racer, the same as the Neon SRT-4.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Mazdaspeed 3 should be a screamer, for sure... although that hp is pushing the limit for FWD, IMHO.

yikes.. figure about 20000 a car and thats $1,000,000,000 err a billion dollar loss. wow.

For the insurance company, of course! Saw an article talking about this, and they wouldn't go into specifics, but yes the cars were insured for transport, but no, they wouldn't say for how much.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

"Employing the same 2.3-liter turbo four as the Mazdaspeed 6, but with retuned intake and exhaust systems, and a modified ECU that reduces torque levels in 1st through 3rd gears,..."

No doubt to keep it pointed straight and reduce the blinding cloud of FWD smoke.

"Employing the same 2.3-liter turbo four as the Mazdaspeed 6, but with retuned intake and exhaust systems, and a modified ECU that reduces torque levels in 1st through 3rd gears,..."

No doubt to keep it pointed straight and reduce the blinding cloud of FWD smoke.

and no doubt to make sure its slower than the MS6, heh that would be an embarassing mistake to have the MS3 be faster than the MS6

All that meens to me is that it should be just as easy to turn the speed3's engine into the speed6's engine as an STi swap is for us. That little motor will be pulling a lot less weight and should be a total screamer then. As for traction issues, wider tires, equal lenght half shafts (I think it has this), and a good LSD should take care of this.

EL4NFZT7

That little motor will be pulling a lot less weight and should be a total screamer then.

It will be interesting to see exactly how much less weight the MS3 will be carrying compared to the MS6. I just checked some specs on Edmunds, and it appears that the MS6 is a full 500 lbs heavier than the Mazda6i (3589 vs. 3091). But a lot of that weight has to be the AWD system, which the MS3 is not getting, right? The Mazda3s is listed at 2826lbs and I can't see the turbo+intercooler and beefed up (?) suspension and wheels adding more than 200lbs, figuring the AWD mechanicals account for the other 300lbs. That would put the MS3 right around 3000lbs... so it definitely *should* be faster than the MS6!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

o, falcon is a much bigger car and the smalles engien they put into it is an I6... there is a turbo model (XR6), but that one uses the turbocharged 4.0 I6... not te 2.3 direct injection turbo. however, mazda CX-7 uses the same detuned engine that MPS3 and MPS6 have.

Archived