LegacyGT.com

Pedal placement?

Sk8erOrd

How good is the pedal placement on the LGT for heel-toe downshifting? It is pretty much a habit for me in my WRX, and it irritates me when I have to drive a MT car that I can't easily rev-match/double clutch on the downshifts through a turn.

2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP (6MT)

2006 LGT Ltd 5MT OBP Cobb Short Throw Shifter | GS Catless Up Pipe Gone

Brake & gas are pretty close together and the bottom of the brake pedal travel is pretty much at the top of the gas pedal. It's pretty good for heel-toe in that regard. But for me the gas is too close to the transmission tunnel wall and the clutch is too close to the brake. My feet get tangle up once in a while and I only have a 8.5 sized feet... Go figure.

I don't have a problem with the pedals and I heel/toe every day. Just what you like, I guess. I think the pedals are very well set up for H/T for me -- not too close or too far.

I do not like left foot braking my 5 spd since the brake is too far to the right and I constantly miss and hit the clutch instead, so I've given up on that.

I do not like left foot braking my 5 spd since the brake is too far to the right and I constantly miss and hit the clutch instead, so I've given up on that.

Good! Left foot braking = bad.

And yeah, I'd say the LGT is very well setup for heel toe. All three pedals are actully uncomfortably close for me.

Left foot braking has its place, like at an autocross, and it's nice to be able to practice on the street. Its also nice to practice with your left foot if you kart race, since karts require left foot braking ONLY, so you need to sensitize that foot to it.

Archived