LegacyGT.com

few prebuy jitter questions :)

Seth1784

oh good lord rolled your car? another guy i know did that too, he ended up with minor stuff, was very surprised...

i got to pondering today, i may go out this weekend and just see what all else is out that i may like that's in my price range and what not. just to make myself feel sure that i looked at everything and this is the car for me. im pretty confident but it never hurts i suppose.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh good lord rolled your car? another guy i know did that too, he ended up with minor stuff, was very surprised...

i didnt roll it, but i was in the passenger seat when it happened. and i have to say theres a reason i went right back to subaru... seatbelts + subaru = saves lives

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

well i went and drove the mazda speed 6, i didnt much care for it at all. there is a little display read out in the upper middle of the console, well lets just say i couldnt read anything off of it because of sun glare which was rediculous. the clutch was horrible, i kept hitting my elbow on the arm rest because of the shifting. the radio was poor, then just over all styling i didnt like as well as the subaru.

i was crunching numbers last night though and i got a little pissed. i was at the dealership and stuff saturday as well and told them i wanted more then 10k for my car which is what they were offering said ok well lets see what we can do. well i went home looked over the numbers and they are offering 9932 still... which isnt going to fly. soooo who knows i may not get this damn car.... which is really getting irritating and depressing. :(

some what... its a little hard cause the next closest dealer is about 180 miles off... which isnt a big deal but its some what of a pain to drive that only to get the same thing you know? i have talked to them about my car and what not they told me they would prolly offer between 11 and 12, but some asshat hit my car and left a dent in it. soooo i dunno what exactally to do. its going to run 1300 to fix, so im thinking about just trading as it is right now taking the slight hit for it and then using the "fix it" money in my downpayment. im going to call the dealer again tomorrow the guy i have been working with was off today.... so im going to see what he says... if they up a grand i can prolly do it but if not then i might bail even though i dont want to.

everything is some what up in the air right now... i have to wait and see whats going to happen i suppose. im going to call the dealer thats off in the distance again and offer them the info and what not on my car and see if they want to top the deal i am getting from the place close to me here.

180 MILES!! 360 MILES total round trip?!?! Within 50 miles of my place I can think of at least 5 Suby dealers! ...then again, I live in New England.

Otherwise, take your car to the other dealer and play the two dealers off each other.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

lol yea im kind of in a smaller area... wichita isnt terribly large like for instance we dont have an Audi dealer and a few little others we dont have around us.

i have been playing them off one another right now... since i got the whole shaft on my trade from the one i called the guy i have been working with said i want 900 more for my trade then i can pretty much do it. if they say no im turning to the others see if they will do it. then if they will im going to turn to the others anyways lol! neither of the dealerships have the car i want... i have them searching for an auto 06 not really specific on color other then i dont want silver since a friend has one in silver and i have had a silver car for the last 5 years. sooo im in the mood for something new. i kind of want the white but its seeming hard to find... looks like black is what im going to be able to get which im alright with i suppose... i have a buffer so i can make it look pretty nice half way fast.

oh hell they found a couple white ones!!!! ah!!!

tommyh, would you mind doing me the favor of a few interior shots of your car? im trying to decide if i like the tan insides or not... im kinda picky but here they dont have any that match... legacy's here at the dealer are both black for leather, then the non turbo one in a really light blue... which is pretty but id like to see the leather one.

...I can take some pictures, but I don't think it will give you what you want...

I have an '05 "TR" edition car. So I have the black cloth interior, manual seat, and no sun roof. Unless you can nail down a 2005 car with this "option group" you're not going to be able to find it in a 2006 car.

I'm sure you can do some searching on the site for pictures of what you're looking for. Look through the color speciffic threads in the photo's section. You might be able to find what you're looking for there.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

ah yay! im finally moving forward a little more...

told them i wanted 900 more on my car and what not well we got to 750 more and they are throwing in some all season floor mats. i know they dont pay much for them but they are a 50 dollar accessory soooo im kinda at 800 more sooo im happy! :D i should be in a new car really really sooooooon!!!!! ah im so excited right now!

i have them looking for a white pearl... i got some pictures of the interior (bigger ones then i could find on here lol) and i like it well enough to live with it for a looooong time.

hey tommy... i did look for an atlantic blue but according to them there are 0 around lol. there was one regal blue but i think its a bit too dark of a blue for my tastes. other then the one they found a lot of blacks but i dont want to maintain a black car in all honesty lol.

thanks again for all your help guys!!!! i should be joining the subaru family soon lol.

lol of course i will tell all of you! a lot of you helped me make this decision to be totally honest. i am really excited but at the same time im terribly nervous im worried about the money since its a little more a month and all that but i know i will be fine its about another 100 a month nothing huge. im also partly worried i will have bad luck with this car since i tend to have bad luck with every car i have owned lol! but on the flip side of it... i will have a warranty again that will take care of anything which i know i will like.

delivery im guessing will be next week, they told me instead of driving it in they were going to trailor it (which makes me a TON happier!) i was more or less worried about something happening to it on the drive, people being in my car stinking it up lol and all that kind of new car stuff i wanna do before anyone else lol. they told me if they got it on a truck that same day which they didnt know if it would or wouldnt happen but it would either come saturday (tomorrow) or monday. they didnt get the paper work faxed over to me that they said they were going to so im guessing it didnt go on a truck yet, sooo most likely i will get it either monday or tuesday is my guess on the whole deal. i really dont care lol i need to clean all my stuff out of the car anyways ahhahaha. i also kinda need the paycheck from today in the bank for the downpayment on the whole deal.

i have some money coming from my mods as well but i have to wait on some of them which totally bites. i have some coming to me next weekend but nothing big. my navigation someone is supposedly going to buy they are just double checking to make sure it works with his truck and he can find the speed pulse wires and what not to hook it up before he sends me the money. soooo after those things are gone i will be settled for some time lol.

plans to the car though... already have a few things id like to do... my audio will be going in soon after i get the damn thing lol. once the navigation is sold then my stuff is in the car. id also like to black out the headlights (did my own on my rsx actually) and it makes a world of difference, just love the blacked out look on the white cars :D

ok they got an 07 white in today at the dealership, well they are offering it to me at their invoice like the other 06 and willing to bump my trade up so the 07 is about 500 more a mont then the 06 was going to be. thoughts????

500 bucks more a month? I don't know about you, but to me that's a shit-wack of cash! It's up to you, the 07's have a lot of good benefits, but I don't know if they're $500 more a month good.

EL4NFZT7

oh good lord i totally wrote that wrong, it was 500 more total... sorrry!

it was like another 10 a month.

and actually as of about 11pm last night i am the proud new owner of a 07 Pearl White Legacy GT Limited :D

have 65 miles on it right now (35 miles back home) then about 20 in driving around. monday i will be getting gas, detail, and my all season mats, then i plan on a little photoshoot :)

i appreciate everything all of you helped me out with, and sorry for the MASSIVE typo on that last post of mine lol!

Rock on! My First suggestion at this point is to break the car in correctly, then get better tires on the car. You'll like the car even more than you do now!:icon_cool

Oh, and change the car in your profile Acura-boy.:icon_wink

EL4NFZT7

lol!!!! yea i forgot about that just like i did on clubrsx.com mentioned it to the people i hang out with there and totally forgot to take it off there tooo ahhahah!

for the break in period i follow you, and i plan on it i rarely got on my old car let alone what i will do with this one. it hasnt seen sport sharp mode yet and its been in sport only a couple times when i was on some hilly roads i figured it would be a little easier on the engine then trying to do all the work and what not in the same gear. so far im loving it, didnt get to drive any yesterday was working on the pool dad and i are installing so im hoping to get some miles on her today lol.

i will be posting pictures tomorrow most likely after i get the detail all done up. today she is a little dirty from the trip back home (i live on a dirt road) and it was raining. im thinking im going to go drive around today though to put on a few extra miles and what not. :)

thanks too :D

very nice. glad to see it worked out for you... i'm hoping that i can work a good deal like you did here pretty soon... i'm gettin all antsy to snag a LGT... but patience is a virtue, right?

VERY! i talked to 4 dealers that are anywhere from 35 miles to 180 miles out from me to find the best deal. i got the car at invoice cause the closest white pearl 06 they could find was going to be in Minnesota soooo they didnt want to pay for the whole trailoring of the car down here, so the car just happened to come in and they called me as soon as it was off the tailor lol. they worked the deal on it for me that night lol.

if you wait you will get the best deal.. or if you get it just when they bring it in they get almost all of the upkeep money they get for them from what i understand. which is usually 2500 bucks for washing and upkeep stuff while it sits on the lot. good luck!!!!

I am thinking of buying a 06/07 LGT Limited Auto. My last car was a FWD 2003 Acura TL-S 5sp Auto transmission. Please dont Flame but, that car was a genuine piece of junk as I have gone through 3 transmissions on a New Acura! Then I found out that every 02-03 TL-S models had a tranny design flaw and there was a massive recall and that I wasn't the only one. Acura has extended the transmission warranty to 100,000 miles. But no way was I waiting to find out. I quicky sold the Acura. My only concern about the Legacy GT is turbo. I never had a turbo automobile. I keep hearing Turbo-Lag...How bad is this turbo lag on the automatic transmissions of the Legacy GT?

Thanks

Turbo lag is there, but not that bad. This is my first turbo car too, and I'm quickly learning to use the sport shift feature of the auto to get past the lag faster and into the sweet spot. And let me tell you it is a SWEET spot when the turbo kicks in.

Archived