LegacyGT.com

Hundai+RWD coupe=?

Wasn't the Tibouron orriginally planned to be the Korean Mustang? I'd really kinda like to see a/the Korean company come out with a RWD sport coupe, maybe it will help re-start the market for them. Don't make it a 350Z challenger, but a hard top Miata/Solstice/Sky competitor kinda like the orriginal Datsan 240Z, or BMW 1-series in the rest of the world.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I'd like to see a 2+2 hardroof coupe alternative to the Sol/Sky and Miata.

Affordable, RWD, balanced, decent handling, and enough power to get out of it's own way.

The tiburon is an interesting, if odd design. If they could clean it up, give it a proper RWD chassis, I think it could do well.

The other way to go would be a Midsize GT. Not a sports car directly, but a comfortable road car with a moderate to large engine, V6-V8. The G35c is begging for a proper 4-5 liter V8.

Something different than a Mustang GT (used to be small muscle car *pony car*, now not even so small.) More refined than a GTO even, and more dignified than a Corvette.

Something of a sport sedan, minus the sedan bit, and back to a coupe (which is what a GT car is. Grand Touring car.) Something of a 1/3-1/4 price Aston DB9.

Hyundai already makes a rwd "large" car in their home market. RWD isn't new to them - they just don't export any.

The rumored rwd sports car from them is supposed to be in the works. The "spy shots" always have it looking like a 350Z. Either way, Hyundai is very strong in the engine department. If they freshened the Tiberon and gave it the Azera engine, it'd be an Eclipse killer for $5k less.

After experiencing the Azera firsthand and seeing what they've done with their other new designs (their minivan is awesome even before you see its price), I can say I'd be very interested in seeing a sports coupe from them with either a high hp v6 or even a v8.

Hyindai's RWD coupe thats suppose to come out in 08 or who knows when is gonna be either supercharged V6 or V8. 6speed tranny.

so Hyundai's gonna have 2 sports cars

Tiburon and new RWD coupe (supposely luxury like G35)

I'd love to see that coupe with Azera's engine supercharged or optional V8.

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

A buddy has a 06 Azera, he loves it:)

Customer service is awesome, he came from a 05 TL A-spec. His only letdown has been the power & no MT. He has been told @ least one of those will be addressed in 08.

Getting 300hp out of the V6 should not be a problem, it's already just under 270.

As brother John mentioned The Azera is very impressive so is the new minivan & the Sonata is a great package for the $ also.

Within 4 years many Americans will be shocked @ how good the Kia / Hyundai lineup really is;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

How can anyone be let down by the power of the Azera? It traps 96-98 mph - not bad for a sedan. The traction control is perfect too - it allows some wheelspin but not billowing smoke. That means excellent launches without having the throttle pulled right when you need it most.

I've found the 5spd auto to be a good match too. If you go WOT from around 5 mph there's a slight delay before you really get cooking but once power is on it doesn't let up. Dad easily held off a Lexus SC430 from 50-120 during an onramp pissing contest. Magazines say the Azera is good for 147 mph.

Too bad mom won't let me take hers to the track - I'd love to get some timeslips and surprise a few people :D

He came from a TL A-spec his car was def quicker than the Azera around town. Once on the highway though they are pretty much equal.

He put new rubber on the Azera a few weeks ago & says it handles much better now;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Actually, there are no KDM kinda yet in Korea... But I hope it will be soon.

Hyundai will launch RWD Flagship soon and it will target M35, RL and a lot cheaper alternate to LS, 5 series and E class. Don't blame me.. It's there target.

Design and Interior-wise, it will be very competitive.. But from the powertrain point of view, I doubt it.. It's hard for them to pull out 300 ponies out of V6 and the tranny is so called glass-tranny. They used to have good relationship with mazda or Mitz but not sure how it is now..

That's a good idea to put Azera motor on Tiburon and get some tuing to get 300+ and harder sus... I will post if I can..

And, how many guys do you guys think interested in Azera Powered Tiburon? Will it sell pretty or not?

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

there is a v8 hyundai in korea but not here. i believe its called the equis or something like that. also cant wait for the deisel pick up and the redesigned tibby which is suppose to be 2008. and yes the azera is a really nice car with a lot of features for its price range. they are a really easy sell for someone looking at that type of car.

I doubt the 3.8 would fit in the current Tiberon body but the Sonata's 235 hp v6 should drop right in. That'd give the Tiberon an instant 60hp boost without affecting the cost of production. In a 3000 lb car, that's really decent acceleration. If the 3.8 did fit, it'd be downright mean having that much hp in a light car.

I can't wait to see what Hyundai does with its new luxury car. The Azera is such a winner that I know they're going to make an impressive vehicle.

This January when I showed people this interior:

http://www.finddoug.com/azera/az4.jpg

and told them it was a Hyundai, nobody could believe it. From the power rear sunshade to the memory seat/wheel to the 6-disc MP3 changer with sub, you'd swear it was a $40k car. That's before you drive it. Note that the 263hp rating is the new "lower" formula; I'd bet this would have been considered around 280 using the old method. It's smooth when you want it to be and it really hauls when you punch the go pedal. From a roll it'll have an LGT owner wondering what's wrong with their car!

Actually, there are no KDM kinda yet in Korea... But I hope it will be soon.

Hyundai will launch RWD Flagship soon and it will target M35, RL and a lot cheaper alternate to LS, 5 series and E class. Don't blame me.. It's there target.

Design and Interior-wise, it will be very competitive.. But from the powertrain point of view, I doubt it.. It's hard for them to pull out 300 ponies out of V6 and the tranny is so called glass-tranny. They used to have good relationship with mazda or Mitz but not sure how it is now..

That's a good idea to put Azera motor on Tiburon and get some tuing to get 300+ and harder sus... I will post if I can..

And, how many guys do you guys think interested in Azera Powered Tiburon? Will it sell pretty or not?

Azera engine in Tiburon won't sell.

it'll be way too front heavy. Tuners want light engine that can be tuned to become a monster. just look at how new eclipse V6 is selling.. or at least tuner market. WORK tuning in CA only tunes I-4 because it'll handle better

The next gen Equis better be RWD and should be somewhat sporty like A8,S class and 7 series. Needs to be very torquey in low end so no need to rev it high (which means less noise from engine bay). also need horsepower on the top end.. Hyundai usually designs their top luxury class car to give a grave and serious attitude. that's out dated nowadays..

new RWD coupe should be at least 280-290hp to compete with G35/300z. also the tuner market has to make parts for it in order to sell the car.

anyways, Hyundai is doing good but they can do.

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Archived