LegacyGT.com

Mention of Subaru and Hybrids in WSJ today

Brady

Wall Street Journal

Turbo P-something Hybrid. In case you havent heard. Subaru is working on the world's first turbo (powered?) hybrid set to debut in the Legacy in '09. It boasts 41 MPG, like the camry but with substansially more power.

TPH-Turbo Parallel Hybrid. Electric and gas systems working at the same time, in parallel.

Recent Subaru show car had this system. B5-TPH. Styling rumored to be somewhat related to upcoming impreza redesign, hybrid drive rumored for Legacy line... neither have yet been announced officially.

Ok, I can see not knowing the TPH acronym, but WSJ?! Do we live under a rock? ;)

Be glad I didn't use something like FHI to really throw you off!

Q: I have always associated Subaru with tree-hugging liberals, but I haven't read anything about Subaru going hybrid. Is there any word on the street? They would make a mint!

A: Toyota this year acquired a stake in Fuji Heavy Industries, Subaru's parent. Through the alliance Subaru plans to begin building hybrid vehicles. The company is working on adapting Toyota's technology to Subaru power trains but can't say when it may begin selling hybrids to consumers.

Archived