LegacyGT.com

Security warning light flashes when getting in

Time to crack open that manual again. :)

It's one of the "states" of the alarm system. I can't exactly recall its name - nor the distinctive flash-rate/pattern, but it's clearly described in the manual.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I notices that so i asked the service guy at my local subaru dealer. it always flash no matter what. When arming it, it will flash fast for a few seconds, then flash slow for complete arming. so if you were to open the door during the fast flashing, your alarm wont go off, but if you open the door during slow flash (beep beep) the horn goes off. (opening the door with the windows down). Try if if you havent already.

This was a concern of mines a while back when I thought that my alarm was broken when arming it right away, I would open the door or shake it and nothing would work. The trick is to wait after it stop flashing fast.

I hate reading that manual...:icon_mrgr

Read it through cover to cover twice, right after I got the car... was like reading stereo instructions. (I read the manual cover to cover on everything I buy before I use it.) That's how I figured out how to turn on the alarm in the first place... It is so cool:cool:, that faint little chirp when it arms, two chirps when you disarm, three when you've forgot to close the boot.

Somewhere in there is a chart that shows things that can be set by the dealer, a little chart. But when I brought the car to the dealer ( I was trying to see if they could make the a/c adapters stay on when you shut off the car, thought it might be one of those options), they had no Idea what I was talking about, so I broke out the manual and started looking for that darn chart.............. I couldn't find it. It's like someone went and took the page out of the manual...:iam:

Of course I haven't read throught the manual cover to cover since I finished doing it before. Time to break out the manual, take a couple of asperin, read and Mark important parts of the manual.

Thanx for the help everyone

"finaly broke out the manual, it seems to be the trunk sensor being tripped. (if I'm reading this right.)" will have the dealer check it out.

( I was trying to see if they could make the a/c adapters stay on when you shut off the car, thought it might be one of those options), they had no Idea what I was talking about, so I broke out the manual and started looking for that darn chart.............. I couldn't find it. It's like someone went and took the page out of the manual...:iam:.

Regarding that issue, subaru doesnt make their vechiles with any a/c power delays as vw and other european car company's. However, we are not forgotten. There is a poduct invented here on legacygt.com to reslove your mystery. Check it out.

http://legacygt.com/forums/interior-audio/34363-retained-accessory-power-modification.html

Regarding that issue, subaru doesnt make their vechiles with any a/c power delays as vw and other european car company's. However, we are not forgotten. There is a poduct invented here on legacygt.com to reslove your mystery. Check it out.

http://legacygt.com/forums/interior-audio/34363-retained-accessory-power-modification.html

Are you guys running power inverters or something to get AC power? My car only has 12V DC.

My security warning light flashes 6 times when I enter the car now... It just started today...

Is this normal, or did I hit something I wasn't suppose to?

thanx

The car doesn't recognize you as the owner!

Did you shave today? :lol:

Megan header,Perrin TMIC, TD06-20G,AEM CAI, Lachute DP, Avo BOV, BC Coilovers, Magnaflow catback, Hawk HPS pads, Stoptech lines, Snow WI

Archived